KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Who's stronger: Captain America or Wolverine?

Who's stronger: Captain America or Wolverine?
Started by: Rhinoceros

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (16): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Question Who's stronger: Captain America or Wolverine?

I was recently reading Origins because I wanted to catch up on Wolverine's latest adventures. I saw his fight with Captain America and there's a moment in the fight where Cap, from the looks of it, overpowers Wolverine and tries to jam his own claws into his throat. Now Wolverine counters this by retracting his claws, but why didn't he just push Cap away? Cap was able to destroy the tendons in his arms so it wasn't really a wise move from Wolverine.

Now this isn't a debate concerning who would in a fight, but instead I'm wondering which one of them is stronger or how their strength compare to each other.

Here's the moment I'm talking about.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...lverineCap1.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...lverineCap2.jpg

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:28 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Capt has leverage, and Logan was in a weaken state, having not slept much or eaten much in a month and had on top of that just been in a fight.

However there strength is pritty equal, if either had the strength advantage it bee Wolverine who actaully been stated in comic as enhanced or superhuman in strength.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:30 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

It's easier when you are on top. (Lulz at the sound of that)

If the difference in strength between them would have been significant, Wolverine would have been able to throw him back, so all you can gather from this instance is that they are somewhat relativly close in strength.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:31 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

also Logan did not expect capt to destroy the tendons in his arm.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:31 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

capt= wolverine in strength pritty much in normal state.

Wolverine while berserker however is stronger then capt.

So Logan potentially stronger, but only while in an alter state. In a normal state there pritty much equals.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:33 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

good question I actually think capt is slightly stronger but not enough to make a difference

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 07:45 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

About equal.

But I think logan could brace more weight thanks to a unbreakable skeleton and healing factor.

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 08:10 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
It's easier when you are on top. (Lulz at the sound of that)

If the difference in strength between them would have been significant, Wolverine would have been able to throw him back, so all you can gather from this instance is that they are somewhat relativly close in strength.

I think it's only easier because the weight of the person above. If the guy who's under is superstrong (like Wolverine here) he'd be able to throw the person above off easily because the person aboves weight isn't higher than normal. So his weight shouldn't really help him in this situation.

But yeah, I didn't know Cap was supposed to be strong as Wolverine, I always thought he was pretty much "peak" human despite his superhuman feats. I wonder if he has any other concrete strength feats against other superhumans (not counting punching feats or anything like that)

Does KMC have a Captain America expert?

"Don't you know who I am? He must not know who I am! I'm The Ju.. Eh, Rhino! B*tch!"

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 08:19 PM
Rhinoceros is currently offline Click here to Send Rhinoceros a Private Message Find more posts by Rhinoceros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

I'm going to break the mold here and say Logan is stronger. I personally think Cap is a 1 tonner and Logan starts out at least above 1 ton most likely 2. These are of course my simple opinions so I hope whomever disagrees with me does so without biting my head off too much! big grin

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 08:39 PM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Apolloknight
Your rule is at an end

*Bits only part of your head off*

Sig by Estacado

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 08:50 PM
Apolloknight is currently offline Click here to Send Apolloknight a Private Message Find more posts by Apolloknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

Originally posted by Apolloknight
*Bits only part of your head off*

It stings a bit.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 08:50 PM
Warrior18 is currently offline Click here to Send Warrior18 a Private Message Find more posts by Warrior18 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Eternal Idol
Lono, "The Dog"

I used to figure they were about equal, but it makes sense to me for Wolverine to be stronger than Captain America-- due to the constant regeneration of damaged muscle tissue, producing little to none of fatigue toxins in the muscle, and the skeletal support to endure more weight.

That scan looks to be more of a surprise and leverage than a pure strength difference.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 09:02 PM
Eternal Idol is currently offline Click here to Send Eternal Idol a Private Message Find more posts by Eternal Idol Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warrior18
Keyboard Warrior

Originally posted by Eternal Idol
I used to figure they were about equal, but it makes sense to me for Wolverine to be stronger than Captain America-- due to the constant regeneration of damaged muscle tissue, producing little to none of fatigue toxins in the muscle, and the skeletal support to endure more weight.

That scan looks to be more of a surprise and leverage than a pure strength difference.

thumb up

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 09:08 PM
Juk3n
Devils Advocate

By the scans alone, you can really only dtermine they are about equal, but over the years of feats id say Wolverine is a little bit stronger, Skeleton being more dense AND the healing factor coming into play.

Only a little bit more though

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 09:11 PM
Juk3n is currently offline Click here to Send Juk3n a Private Message Find more posts by Juk3n Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rhinoceros
PM me for nudes ;)

Hmm, Cap does have the leverage advantage as he's able to use bigger muscles groups against Wolverine. It'd be an equal match of strength if they were both pushing or pulling each other.

I'm wondering why didn't he just kick Cap off of him? Why did he choose to retract his claws first and then do the magic-bloodclot-kick? It's weird, but I guess that's comics for you..

Have Cap and Wolverine fought before?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 09:51 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Cap

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 10:19 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolfpack86

Wolverine is definitely stronger, Ive never seen Cap show strength feats like these...

Wolverine lifts an enourmous tree trunk to bat away at a supernatural foe because touching them freezes him to the soul:

1)
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3121/bd9a6048ps6.jpg

Wolverine lifts six men off the ground with one hand; Even if these men are only pushing around a buck 30 or a buck 50 Wolverine's still lifting circa 800 lbs with one hand over his head.

1)
http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/...pirates3vt4.jpg

Wolverine throws a rather large sized shark out of the water at a ridiclous speed; More impressive given the fact that he did this against the tension of the water and he didn't have his feet for leverage since they were buisy helping him stay afloat:

1)
http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/...rktossinvc5.jpg

Wolverine lifts an elevator full of people:

1)
http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/...atorliftqe9.jpg

Wolverine breaks out of the Chromalloy "unbreakable" shackles Dr. Lang put him in

1)
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/4535/shackleshu2.jpg

2)
http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/...hackles2de6.jpg

Wolverine totally destroys a wrap of chain that was put in place to hold him:

1)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...ainbreaknt6.jpg

After losing it, Wolverine completely shatters chains wrapped completely around him:

1)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...ainbreakbb4.jpg

2)
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/...inbreak2ri5.jpg

Wolverine breaks free of Mesmero's mind control AND his "unbreakable" chains:

1)
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/...kmesmeroff4.jpg

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 11:20 PM
wolfpack86 is currently offline Click here to Send wolfpack86 a Private Message Find more posts by wolfpack86 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

There's a whole section of Logan's strength feats in his thread.

HF, adamantium skeleton plus intensive regular exercise result in superhuman strength exceeding Cap's level.

Perhaps adamantiumless Logan was on par with Steve's strength.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 11:39 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Rhinoceros

Have Cap and Wolverine fought before?

yes twices before.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 11:43 PM
Dum Dum Dugan

capt had leverage, momentum in the above scans. also Logan was caught by surprized and off balances. Logan retracted his claws becauses due to the above they were right by his throat forcing him to put his neck back in an wierd angle. Which is why he would retract them so he could put his head back up which is what he did. and then he kicked capt causing a blood clot.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2008 11:45 PM