KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Ray vs Professor Hulk

The Ray vs Professor Hulk
Started by: Kris Blaze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Ray vs Professor Hulk

Ray Terrill fight Professor Hulk.

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

No BFR.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Last edited by Kris Blaze on Jan 25th, 2009 at 01:42 PM

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 01:38 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

No one?

Old Post Jan 25th, 2009 05:08 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

The Ray in a horrific curbstomp....

Spite.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 07:02 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

the ray draws all the gamma radiation from hulk, if hulk manages to hit ray no biggie cause he is pure energy.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 07:31 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
the ray draws all the gamma radiation from hulk, if hulk manages to hit ray no biggie cause he is pure energy.

He can convert himself into light; not "pure energy." He's been hit plenty of times and beaten. He was taken down by conventional military forces in the "World War Three" Arc (the real one, not the shitty Black Adam one).

And "drawing gamma radiation" is not a power he has. He can manipulate light not any form of energy at all.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:17 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

keep thinking as ray as an adult when he went into the future when he kill captain atom..

still say he can win, when fully powered up he cant be hurt lobo tried and failed his fist just went through.

ray can just blast him all day so long that it is day light.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:27 AM
Dark Riddick is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Riddick a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Riddick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by Wild Shadow
keep thinking as ray as an adult when he went into the future when he kill captain atom..

still say he can win, when fully powered up he cant be hurt lobo tried and failed his fist just went through.

ray can just blast him all day so long that it is day light.

I'm not disagreeing that he's capable of winning, just on the tactics you cited in your initial post. They're completely outside his current power range.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:31 AM
tjcoady is currently offline Click here to Send tjcoady a Private Message Find more posts by tjcoady Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by tjcoady
He can convert himself into light; not "pure energy." He's been hit plenty of times and beaten. He was taken down by conventional military forces in the "World War Three" Arc (the real one, not the shitty Black Adam one).

And "drawing gamma radiation" is not a power he has. He can manipulate light not any form of energy at all.

Wrong.

The Ray can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum and can turn into any type of energy he wants.

As seen in Final Crisis when he transforms into a beam of light and Zeta energy that was used to teleport the remaining survivors from the JLA headquarters.

He can also absorb, channel or defuse any type of energy he comes across. He has even managed to 'absorb' Speedforce energy from Wally.

In WWIII, he got punked by Batman because A) He's the goddamn Batman and B) he was being mindcontrolled by Triumph.

Last edited by Draco69 on Jan 26th, 2009 at 08:37 AM

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:34 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tjcoady

Originally posted by Draco69
Wrong.

The Ray can manipulate the entire electromagnetic spectrum and can turn into any type of energy he wants.

As seen in Final Crisis when he transforms into a beam of light and Zeta energy that was used to teleport the remaining survivors from the JLA headquarters.

He can also absorb, channel or defuse any type of energy he comes across. He has even managed to 'absorb' Speedforce energy from Wally.

In WWIII, he got punked by Batman because A) He's the goddamn Batman and B) he was being mindcontrolled by Triumph.

I understand you're more knowledgeable than most when it comes to DC canon, but, while I have seen Ray transform into Zeta and JLA teleporter signals energy (only ever in Final Crisis), the only part of the electromagnetic spectrum I have ever seen him manipulate is light- and this is subject to the amount of ambient light around him.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I've just never seen a Ray appearance when he's manipulated energy in such a way as drawing gamma radiation out of someone. Has he ever even pulled a similar trick on a Kryptonian, drawing yellow sun radiation out of them?

Not trying to be argumentative- The Ray is a character I'm only familiar with from his time in the JLA and Young Justice- I've never read his own series.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:41 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

Originally posted by tjcoady
I understand you're more knowledgeable than most when it comes to DC canon, but, while I have seen Ray transform into Zeta and JLA teleporter signals energy (only ever in Final Crisis), the only part of the electromagnetic spectrum I have ever seen him manipulate is light- and this is subject to the amount of ambient light around him.

I'm not trying to be argumentative, I've just never seen a Ray appearance when he's manipulated energy in such a way as drawing gamma radiation out of someone. Has he ever even pulled a similar trick on a Kryptonian, drawing yellow sun radiation out of them?

Not trying to be argumentative- The Ray is a character I'm only familiar with from his time in the JLA and Young Justice- I've never read his own series.

The Ray has little screen time (which is damn sad) but he's had good recent showings in Freedom Fighters where he's forced to absorb the energy of a nuclear blast from the Human Bomb who couldn't control his power.

The Ray started out only with the ability to manipulate light until he discovered he could manipulate the entire magnetic spectrum.

His only apparent limitations are he rarely seems to be able to conjure it up himself. A source must be nearby for him to 'copy'.

The closest thing he's come to absorbing energy is absorbing Speed Force energy from Wally and absorbing the energy of Green Lantern ring from Kyle.

He's never tangled with Superman to my knowledge.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:45 AM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

the ray had a dream induced by his computer program creation where it killed the jla and used its power to draw supermans solar energy.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:51 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Ray has little screen time (which is damn sad) but he's had good recent showings in Freedom Fighters where he's forced to absorb the energy of a nuclear blast from the Human Bomb who couldn't control his power.

The Ray started out only with the ability to manipulate light until he discovered he could manipulate the entire magnetic spectrum.

His only apparent limitations are he rarely seems to be able to conjure it up himself. A source must be nearby for him to 'copy'.

The closest thing he's come to absorbing energy is absorbing Speed Force energy from Wally and absorbing the energy of Green Lantern ring from Kyle.

The ray spent maybe 1 or 2 issues as a member of Young Justice and JLA, it was nothing permanent I think. So far I've only read his own limited series and his appearance in Uncle Sam and the freedom fighters. And of course his short appearances in Infinite Crisis and Final Crisis.

He's definitely one of my new DC favourites.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:51 AM
tjcoady

Ah.

I had no idea he's pulled that against Wally or Kyle.

If he can pull that off against Speed Force or Oan-will energy, then, yeah, he could definitely draw out gamma radiation.

Old Post Jan 26th, 2009 08:55 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Interesting.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 03:43 PM
xJLxKing

Ray quickly too!

Old Post Apr 12th, 2009 03:48 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

hmmm

Old Post May 11th, 2009 04:28 PM
Dark Riddick
Restricted

Account Restricted

ray ftw.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 03:44 AM
iceman24567

Ray it seems like

Old Post May 15th, 2009 03:53 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Was stated that Hulk has an unlimited source of gamma to draw upon and he's overloaded others who have tried to absorb it in the past.

Still...since this is Professor Hulk and he's not going to get as irrational as other versions, Ray wins.

Old Post May 15th, 2009 03:55 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Hes also been sapped before

Old Post May 15th, 2009 04:02 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote