KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer vs Thor (Pure Physical Slugfest)

Silver Surfer vs Thor (Pure Physical Slugfest)
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Silver Surfer vs Thor (Pure Physical Slugfest)

No Mjolnir

No Amping

No Active Powers

Fight inside adamantium stadium.

Who wins?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 07:25 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scuzz2.0

i am inclined to say the surfer takes the slight majority since thor doesnt have the hammer but thor does have the experience and skill so im not sure!

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 07:48 PM
Scuzz2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send Scuzz2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by Scuzz2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Without Mjolnir, I'm taking Surfer.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 08:40 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D-Block

I'm taking Thor.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 08:42 PM
D-Block is currently offline Click here to Send D-Block a Private Message Find more posts by D-Block Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Thor

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 08:54 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Surfer can keep up with or speedblitz Superman.

So he speedblitzes Thor.

Or so I've frequently heard on this board.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 08:56 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Surfer can keep up with or speedblitz Superman.

So he speedblitzes Thor.

Or so I've frequently heard on this board.

I'd say, more technically put, 'bullrush.' Don't think I've ever seen Surfer H2H speedblitz anyone, ever.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 08:58 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Naija boy

Does surfer get his board in this match? If so he wins .If not id give it to thor because of his fighting skills

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 09:08 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by Enyalus
I'd say, more technically put, 'bullrush.' Don't think I've ever seen Surfer H2H speedblitz anyone, ever.
No, they specifically said that Surfer has the reaction and movement feats off the board to keep up with Superman. They even posted him dodging Hulk (which is an insane feat) and the obviously-not-hyperbole scan with 'I've only got a nanosecond left which shall not pass!!'.

Surfer obviously speedblitzes Thor.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 09:08 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Naija boy
Does surfer get his board in this match? If so he wins .If not id give it to thor because of his fighting skills
no surfboard...sorry for not making the stipulation in my OP

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 09:09 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Haha, well if you put it that way, obviously...

Originally posted by Naija boy

I don't see Thor being able to physically overpower an angry Hulk as easily as Surfer was able to, or physically stalemating Champion w/ bands. And hell, Surfer also briefly physically held his ground against WM Thor in one of those grappling-type matches Marvel is so fond of depicting before being hurled backwards.

And without Mjolnir, I don't see Thor's blows doing Thanos-like damage sufficient to KO him. Plus as Philosophia's already mentioned, he's got the speed advantage. wink

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 09:12 PM
Naija boy

Originally posted by Enyalus
Haha, well if you put it that way, obviously...

I don't see Thor being able to physically overpower an angry Hulk as easily as Surfer was able to, or physically stalemating Champion w/ bands. And hell, Surfer also briefly physically held his ground against WM Thor in one of those grappling-type matches Marvel is so fond of depicting before being hurled backwards.

And without Mjolnir, I don't see Thor's blows doing Thanos-like damage sufficient to KO him. Plus as Philosophia's already mentioned, he's got the speed advantage. wink

Heh. Your determined to make supporting thor difficult arent you? stick out tongue

Ok, i agree that surfer is more durable but i believe that thor has the speed to keep up with him here. Strength wise they are pretty comparable ( maybe edge to surfer if were referring to classic thor). Thor however has the advantage in fighting skills and i think that will be the key to his victory. He has also been a warrior for numerous milleniums and so would be more comfortable in these type of matches than surfer.

All thanks goes to starlock.
"Beware trolls, know me and know fear"

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 09:37 PM
Naija boy is currently offline Click here to Send Naija boy a Private Message Find more posts by Naija boy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer wins this. Surfer owned Abomination pretty easily, took Lunatik too and basically is far too tough for Thor to hurt.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2009 10:44 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

No, they specifically said that Surfer has the reaction and movement feats off the board to keep up with Superman. They even posted him dodging Hulk (which is an insane feat) and the obviously-not-hyperbole scan with 'I've only got a nanosecond left which shall not pass!!'.

What does being on or off his board have to do with his reaction speed?

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:07 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Usually all of Surfers speed feats are seen on his board. You don't often see him fight one on one, on his own two shiny foot cuffs.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:28 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

Originally posted by D-Block
I'm taking Thor.

thumb up

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:32 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by KingD19
Usually all of Surfers speed feats are seen on his board. You don't often see him fight one on one, on his own two shiny foot cuffs.

I know, but how would being off his board dull his reactions? That's like saying that Cyclops isn't as physically strong if his visor's off since you never see feats from him that way...

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 3rd, 2009 at 12:36 AM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:33 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I never said it would, I was just guessing that someone would think that without his board, Surfer is a little less, Surfer.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:37 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by KingD19
I never said it would, I was just guessing that someone would think that without his board, Surfer is a little less, Surfer.

Ah ok, I thought you were one of those who liked to claim that mental speed/reaction feats from Surfer were only valid when he was on his board. Forgive me if I was mistaken.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:41 AM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not a good matchup for the Surfer.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2009 12:49 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote