KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Which other Marvel/DC characters could and would conquer the Shi`ar?

Which other Marvel/DC characters could and would conquer the Shi`ar?
Started by: Private Pion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Private Pion

Which other Marvel/DC characters could and would conquer the Shi`ar?

Okay-Imagine that Vulcan never made his move on the Shi'ar Empire, and that the conditions are exactly the same as when he did for your chosen character.

However, there are a couple of conditions: It must be in character (or at least not a complete stretch of the imagination) for them to attempt to take and maintain the throne. If they have access to commonly appearing 'minions' or allies that will follow the would-be conquerer, they may bring them, but no more than four.

These are the things they must overcome:

1)Defeat three Shi'ar battle cruisers or convince them to surrender.

2)Fight the Imperial Guard, and at minimum survive. An actual win lets your chosen character skip the next one.
(Note: For a win, convincing them to surrender is all but impossible, but if you think someone could do it, that's a win.)

3)Escape the holding facility they're placed in, or convince someone to release them. The holding facility will negate 90% of their powers, so escape will likely have to be based on intelligence. If you think they can/would want to also free Deathbird, they'll have to do the next step.

4)Convince Deathbird to marry them/surrender the throne directly to them.

5)Declare themselves the emperor, defeating any who could lay the claim themselves.

6)Defeat Lilandra's forces, either personally or using their own armies.

So, who do you think would try and would succeed, who do you think would try and fail, who do you think would try and be an 'honorable mention'?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:10 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

How about Full Power Morg

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:17 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Darkseid could do this, but I'm not entirely sure he'd have a desire to. DP Tyrant could and would do this. Sinestro would try but fail. Exodus seems like he might try, and he'd also fail.

...I'll think of others eventually.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:21 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Dr Doom
Thanos
Cyborg Superman

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:30 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Meh, Thanos and Henshaw wouldn't want the Shi'ar Imperium.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:33 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

quote: (post)
Originally posted by golem370
Dr Doom
Thanos
Cyborg Superman

Good picks, but I'm not so sure about Dr Doom. Maybe if he took some minions.

quote:
Sinestro would try but fail

Where do you think he'd get to? Especially if you consider that Sinestro would 100% have minions with him, all of which would be Yellow Lanterns.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:35 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by Private Pion
Where do you think he'd get to? Especially if you consider that Sinestro would 100% have minions with him, all of which would be Yellow Lanterns.

He'd lose to the Imperial Guard and not be able to do much with the escape clause, assuming the Guard lets them live. He's only allowed four yellow lanterns, right?

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:40 PM
Private Pion

Originally posted by Enyalus
He'd lose to the Imperial Guard and not be able to do much with the escape clause, assuming the Guard lets them live. He's only allowed four yellow lanterns, right?

Yeah, four minions.

Hmm, I was thinking he'd be unable to escape, but considering just how sneaky and underhanded Sinestro is, I think he could convince someone to let him free ('Hey, set me free and you'll get a nice ring, just like mine.'). But then, with a guy like Sinestro, if you were in the Imperial Guard, would YOU let him live? Hell naw, you'd take his head clean off.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:46 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Yeah, four minions.

Hmm, I was thinking he'd be unable to escape, but considering just how sneaky and underhanded Sinestro is, I think he could convince someone to let him free ('Hey, set me free and you'll get a nice ring, just like mine.'). But then, with a guy like Sinestro, if you were in the Imperial Guard, would YOU let him live? Hell naw, you'd take his head clean off.

Yeah, I mean, Gladiator was under orders to bring Vulcan in. That wouldn't necessarily be the case with Sinestro.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:48 PM
cloud102

On paper, Shiar should be one of the most powerful forces ever. But it's hardly showed that way.

B5

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 05:53 PM
cloud102 is currently offline Click here to Send cloud102 a Private Message Find more posts by cloud102 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Oh, I just thought of a good one. General Zod, with Ursa, Non, Gor and...I dunno, one more Kryptonian soldier.

I think they could take it all the way.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 06:21 PM
golem370

Doom always has Doombots right.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 07:15 PM
Private Pion

Originally posted by golem370
Doom always has Doombots right.

I guess, but four Doombots aren't really going to tip the tide when Gladitor drops a building on him.

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 07:16 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Zod's a good choice, but I don't think his team makes it past the Guard, either. Gladiator should be able to take two Kryptonians at once and do well. Whenever Superman even remotely tries to win, Zod gets quickly overpowered. And Gladiator is rarely holding back, so he'd perform similarly well. And Oracle can mindrape the others, Neutron goes for solar energy drain, etc...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 07:27 PM
golem370

Morg is my pick. He fought 4 heralds on his own killed one of them.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 07:34 PM
Survivor19

Cassandra freaking Nova.
Every single time.

Poor Deathbird...

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 08:00 PM
Survivor19 is currently offline Click here to Send Survivor19 a Private Message Find more posts by Survivor19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

The living monolith
Akhenten thinking that the shiarnheaddreas looks like Egyptian gear takes them over

Loki, balder, enchantress, and sayyy... The executioner.. They believe the shair empire would be a good spot for new Asgard

Dathseid just cause he can
Thanos... Because he wants to use them to take over/ kill half the universe

The "new" dr doom.

Dormanmu just cause

I like the zod answer... I don't think sinestro could do it though.

Black bolt medusa crystal and... Gorgan thinking they would be better served as rulers of the shiar onstea of the kree

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 09:45 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

I guess, but four Doombots aren't really going to tip the tide when Gladitor drops a building on him.
You think a bulding is taking Doom out?

Go to the Doom respect thread.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 09:56 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thor

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 10:27 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

Batman via prep and batkick.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Jun 12th, 2009 10:28 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote