KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Darkseid (FC) vs. Darkseid (GDS)

Darkseid (FC) vs. Darkseid (GDS)
Started by: Merlyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Merlyn
Order Of...

Darkseid (FC) vs. Darkseid (GDS)

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 04:37 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
john allerdyce
Whore!

GDS Darkseid for the mindrape-win.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 04:47 PM
john allerdyce is currently offline Click here to Send john allerdyce a Private Message Find more posts by john allerdyce Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

concerning the mindrape thing, i've always found it odd that GDS darkseid could easily hold 3 billion daxamites under his control, but was unable to take control over just a few more [ie. superman/girl.] could it be that he was unable to do so because superman/girl were already 'amped' by a yellow sun, thus making their minds much more resistant to mental assaults? if you remember, darkseid kind of made it a point to control the daxamites while they were still under a red sun [and non-powered] - so it does make sense..

that aside, darkseid still controlled 3 billion+ in FC [an equally as impressive feat, imo] - and there's also this:

-turpin-
"but wrestling with darkseid, well.... it's like trying to beat the ocean unconscious":

(please log in to view the image)
[that was, of course, referring to wrestling with darkseid mentally/spiritually.]

so if we use the beyonder line of 'logic', then FC darkseid's mind was roughly septillions of times more powerful than everyone elses, combined.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 05:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 05:36 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tazer

Yo.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by john allerdyce
GDS Darkseid for the mindrape-win.

/co-signed

Tazer

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 05:40 PM
Tazer is currently offline Click here to Send Tazer a Private Message Find more posts by Tazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Merlyn
Order Of...

Originally posted by Tazer
Yo.

/co-signed

Tazer
How so?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:32 PM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tazer

Yo.

Originally posted by Merlyn
How so?

simple: DS didnt control humanity in FC.

it was the Anti-Life Equation which did most of that work, whenreas GDS controlled all of Daxam thru his OWN power (and that was while he was still weak as I recall.)

Tazer

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:49 PM
Tazer is currently offline Click here to Send Tazer a Private Message Find more posts by Tazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

i don't see why that matters.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 06:53 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tazer

Yo.

easy: wat did DS really do during FC, that shows he'd give GDS-DS a fight, let alone him WINNING here?

I cant think of anything really......

Tazer

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 07:02 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

that's not what i was getting at. you made it sound like GDS-darky controlling 3 billion characters with his acquired power, was any different than FC-darky controlling 3 billion characters with the ALE. meaning, the exotic powers darkseid had accumulated from various objects, and such, during GDS were part of his being - much like the ALE was part of his being, during FC. no difference there.

however, i personally see 'mindrape' as a more viable tactic for FC-darkseid, than i do for his GDS counterpart - do to the ALE.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 29th, 2009 at 07:19 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 07:12 PM
Senor Cage

FC Darkseid is the same thing as GDS Darkseid. It's the same character, except that FC Darkseid is it's true self. GDS Darky is probably just another avatar. For this reason, FC Darky wins.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 07:19 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

how is controlling turpin or humans in general particularly impressive?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 07:19 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

it's no more impressive than controlling daxamites under a red sun.

but the ALE also showed control over green lanterns. hell, even the central battery could have been corrupted.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 07:25 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Galan007
i don't see why that matters.

No shit.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 07:36 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

I don't believe the ALE would work on GDS Darkseid. Wired differently, and all that.

Also, GDS Darkseid would physically mangle FC Darkseid.

But um, there's not much he'd be able to do after that. So, probably a stalemate or if you count destruction of physical body as a victory...GDS DS FTW.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:00 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't believe the ALE would work on GDS Darkseid. Wired differently, and all that.
i'm not convinced that the ALE would just... fail.

however, i am fairly confident that mindrape on GDS-darkseid's part, would be ineffective.

Also, GDS Darkseid would physically mangle FC Darkseid.

But um, there's not much he'd be able to do after that. So, probably a stalemate or if you count destruction of physical body as a victory...GDS DS FTW.
yeah, no argument there. GDS-darky would certainly be superior in the physical department. but if the ALE could be used against him, he'd never get the chance to throw fisticuffs.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:25 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

however, i am fairly confident that mindrape on GDS-darkseid's part, would be ineffective.

Certainly.

About the Daxamite red sun mind control theory, though....he did pull the information out of Mon-El's head and render him comatose via mindrape. And Mon-El wasn't depowered at the time.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:31 PM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Certainly.

About the Daxamite red sun mind control theory, though....he did pull the information out of Mon-El's head and render him comatose via mindrape. And Mon-El wasn't depowered at the time.
right. i'm just saying that his initial control/hold over the race was preformed when they were still non-powered. also, if he were able to mindrape so easily, you'd think he would have done so on orion/superman/supergirl/the legion - you know, the characters who were actually fighting against him. lol.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:35 PM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

right. i'm just saying that his initial control/hold over the race was preformed when they were still non-powered. also, if he were able to mindrape so easily, you'd think he would have done so on orion/superman/supergirl/the legion - you know, the characters who were actually fighting against him. lol.

Well, Superman and Supergirl were amped by Highfather. I can't remember if Orion was as well, but Darkseid literally disintegrated Orion like the feeb he is, so no worries there.

Also, Superman's a walking PIS factory. I mean, DS used his "Omega Rays" to BFR Kal back to his own time. Instead of, you know, using it to erase him, which would've been smarter.

So I'm not sure if it was just PIS that he didn't use it, or if he couldn't. He was pretty shocked that his mental hold over the 3 billion Daxamites had been broken. Maybe he was worried about not being able to hold them in thrall AND the Legion at the same time.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:39 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

concerning the mindrape thing, i've always found it odd that GDS darkseid could easily hold 3 billion daxamites under his control, but was unable to take control over just a few more [ie. superman/girl.] could it be that he was unable to do so because superman/girl were already 'amped' by a yellow sun, thus making their minds much more resistant to mental assaults?
It's because his limit was specifically cut off at 3 billion. I thought that was common knowledge. erm

so if we use the beyonder line of 'logic', then FC darkseid's mind was roughly septillions of times more powerful than everyone elses, combined.
I like it

Old Post Jun 29th, 2009 08:40 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote