KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Kingdom Come Flash vs Zoom

Kingdom Come Flash vs Zoom
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Kingdom Come Flash vs Zoom

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 04:54 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Stalemate maybe.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 09:12 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

The Flash wins.

Besides his initial appearance, Zoom hasn't impressed me really. Bart kicked his ass, and "Wally > Bart" as shown. Yes he did kick everyone's ass in his initial appearance, but John's was writing that. After the stupidity with Grundy, I just decided to throw out any thing I knew about power levels when I picked up a Flash comic written by Johns. Wally ends up being a punching bag, all the time.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 09:20 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Zoom.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 10:06 AM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

zoom.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 04:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Bart kicked his ass, and "Wally > Bart" as shown.

Bart was amped by the entire Speed Force, and he didn't kick his ass. He outsmarted him by coming up through the ground and sticking him with a tranq dart to win.

KC Flash also has the entire Speed Force IIRC. But no dart plot device. So Zoom wins.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 12:26 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Enyalus
Bart was amped by the entire Speed Force, and he didn't kick his ass. He outsmarted him by coming up through the ground and sticking him with a tranq dart to win.

KC Flash also has the entire Speed Force IIRC. But no dart plot device. So Zoom wins.

The entire Speed Force? Wasn't it only a portion? It's been a while since I read the "Fastest Man Alive" mini. Weird, because as I recall, Wally with Quick's formula, was able to go toe to toe with him. With the entire Speed Force, Bart should be a god. Look at how powerful Wally is when he merged with a part of the Speed Force. He can't be contained by one plane of existence anymore and all that.

Different writers....different takes....

Bart, vibrated underground, and punched him down. Zoom was on his knees and wasn't doing anything. Then Iris stepped in, shot at them tranquillizers. Zoom jumped at Bart, Bart tripped him, and shoved a tranquillizer in him. Zoom didn't impress me to much there.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:02 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Flash

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:04 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

The entire Speed Force? Wasn't it only a portion? It's been a while since I read the "Fastest Man Alive" mini. Weird, because as I recall, Wally with Quick's formula, was able to go toe to toe with him. With the entire Speed Force, Bart should be a god. Look at how powerful Wally is when he merged with a part of the Speed Force. He can't be contained by one plane of existence anymore and all that.

Remember that after IC, everyone thinks the Speed Force just disappeared. Because all the speedster besides Jay were depowered. But that wasn't actually the case, because Bart had the entire thing within him...he was just keeping it a secret (to impress that young STAR labs doctor, no doubt).

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:05 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Remember that after IC, everyone thinks the Speed Force just disappeared. Because all the speedster besides Jay were depowered. But that wasn't actually the case, because Bart had the entire thing within him...he was just keeping it a secret (to impress that young STAR labs doctor, no doubt).

Well, Bart had absorbed (Part/Whole) of it, after Prime escaped, so that he had the power to attempt what Wally would have done. I mean didn't the Speed Force apparently disappear right after the Flash's trapped Prime which was long before Prime escaped? It stayed gone, even when Bart came back. Because of the lack of recall, I assumed he only absorbed a portion of it, simply based on his power levels. He didn't do anything impressive at all. Didn't it take every single spark of the Speed Force inside of him, just to be faster than that photon cannon? Wally, went way past that in a single step without even trying in the past.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:24 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Well, Bart had absorbed (Part/Whole) of it, after Prime escaped, so that he had the power to attempt what Wally would have done. I mean didn't the Speed Force apparently disappear right after the Flash's trapped Prime which was long before Prime escaped? It stayed gone, even when Bart came back.

Bart had to absorb the whole thing in order to beat Superboy Prime back to Earth, to give the others warning.

Everyone thought it just disappeared, but Bart still had it in him. And then kept it a secret for most of "Fastest Man Alive."

The Photon cannon....wasn't that in like the 3rd or 4th issue of FMA? When Bart is still adjusting to having all that power, I think.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:32 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Bart had to absorb the whole thing in order to beat Superboy Prime back to Earth, to give the others warning.

Everyone thought it just disappeared, but Bart still had it in him. And then kept it a secret for most of "Fastest Man Alive."

The Photon cannon....wasn't that in like the 3rd or 4th issue of FMA? When Bart is still adjusting to having all that power, I think.

Yea, he needed the boost. Still looking at his power levels, that's the entire Speed Force? That makes no sense in my opinion. It was just plot driven in my opinion.

That's what they thought when the Flash's left. That it disappeared. It just went with them. Then when Prime escaped, they gave Bart the boost to beat him back.

The Photon cannon was actually near the end, when he had plenty of time to practice his abilities.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:35 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

The Photon cannon was actually near the end, when he had plenty of time to practice his abilities.

Ah. Been a long time since I read the maxi. @ that, then.

Photons go under light speed in the atmosphere....Then again, I seem to recall there being a big deal made about the particles actually traveling at light speed, so again.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:37 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Ah. Been a long time since I read the maxi. @ that, then.

Photons go under light speed in the atmosphere....Then again, I seem to recall there being a big deal made about the particles actually traveling at light speed, so again.

Yea, it was stupid. Like I said, it's simply ridiculous to assume that Bart had the entire Speed Force, based on the power levels. If anything he was weaker then than he was as Impulse based on that if I recall his earlier feats.

Everything Flash related went to hell, when Johns started writing Flash again, and incorporated the "Flashverse" into "Infinite Crisis" in my opinion.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 01:51 AM