KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL Hal vs Zoom

GL Hal vs Zoom
Started by: leonidas

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

GL Hal vs Zoom

can't believe this wasn't done. least not that i could find.

so, anyway, lots of zoom luv lately. can hal and his ring contend with this apparently trans-level speedster??

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 05:37 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

No.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 05:46 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Eh. I'd say Hal, while airborne, makes a dome construct around the battlefield below and slowly shrinks it, trapping Zoom within it and eventually crushing him.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:07 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Premo
Restricted

Account Restricted

Phasing?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:11 PM
Premo is currently offline Click here to Send Premo a Private Message Find more posts by Premo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scribe

Can Zoom survive in space? evil face

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:18 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Zoom can't phase through solids due to the nature of his powers. That's the weakness he has that the Flashes can exploit (if you'll remember). Due to not having true super speed he can't vibrate himself to become intangible.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:34 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Nah, he seems to have adapted a variation of that power somehow. He used it when he fought Bart. He can phase.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:40 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

is the ring/should the ring be capable of tracking zoom?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:15 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Scribe

quote: (post)
Originally posted by leonidas
is the ring/should the ring be capable of tracking zoom?

I don't see why not.

Kyle programmed his ring to bring him back even if he was disintegrated.

Nietzsche is dead. 1 Corinthians 3:20, Romans 1:22, Colossians 2:8 (KJV)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:22 PM
The Scribe is currently offline Click here to Send The Scribe a Private Message Find more posts by The Scribe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by The Scribe
I don't see why not.

Kyle programmed his ring to bring him back even if he was disintegrated.

that's kind of what i thought too . . .

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:32 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

on a different note--who (besides flash) has zoom fought 1on1 and defeated? we all know that when a team fights one person, the individuals on the team often don't perform to their fullest abilities. so when someone says zoom seemed to get the best of a GL while that GL fought as part of the league, that does NOT mean that's how the fight would go in a 1on1 situation . . .

so, who else has zoom defeated aside from flash?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 07:34 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

on a different note--who (besides flash) has zoom fought 1on1 and defeated? we all know that when a team fights one person, the individuals on the team often don't perform to their fullest abilities. so when someone says zoom seemed to get the best of a GL while that GL fought as part of the league, that does NOT mean that's how the fight would go in a 1on1 situation . . .

so, who else has zoom defeated aside from flash?

Shit logic.

Mangog's never defeated anyone but Thor on his own, but he'd still tear through Hal.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:06 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Shit logic.

Mangog's never defeated anyone but Thor on his own, but he'd still tear through Hal.

laughing out loud

hardly "shit logic". more an observation, actually. one proven time and time again. characters in teams seldom get to show off the full range of their abilities and so are portrayed as 'less' than they are often portrayed in solo situations. so, again, who has zoom defeated 1on1? if no one, that's fine, but if he has defeated someone BESIDES flash 1on1 it would further help to contextually define him.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:39 PM
Starscream M

so, again, who has zoom defeated 1on1?

he punched wonder woman really hard....really really hard. no expression

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:03 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Yeah, nothing complex (or incorrect) about team-created PIS with a character not using the full extent of their powers. Happens to every team or group that's daft enough to have a gigantic power gap in their members. Thor's best showings, for examples, are all from his own books. His worst, Avengers books. It's also how a lot of villains end up in Trans. i.e. "he can take on Superman, WW, AND Hal...holy crap!" when Supes could probably wreck them in one of his solo books.

There's a lot to be said for legitimately balanced teams in that respect. They never have to job to further the story. Much as I'm not a fan of them personally, the FF are an example of this.

As for this match, I don't know or care. I hate speedsters.

Last edited by Digi on Jul 1st, 2009 at 09:07 PM

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:04 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Starscream M
he punched wonder woman really hard....really really hard. no expression

and lost, right?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:05 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

and lost, right?

he got distracted by the wonder twins.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:06 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Digi
Yeah, nothing complex (or incorrect) about team-created PIS with a character not using the full extent of their powers. Happens to every team or group that's daft enough to have a gigantic power gap in their members. There's a lot to be said for legitimately balanced teams in that respect. They never have to job to further the story. Much as I'm not a fan of them personally, the FF are an example of this.

thumb up

quote:
I hate speedsters.

me too. unless they can help me win tournaments . . . shifty

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:06 PM
Starscream M

and lost, right?
in one of the biggest displays of PIS...WW kicked some rocks that somehow meant Zoom had only a few feet of area to maneuver around and yeah....horrible writing imo

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:08 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

me too. unless they can help me win tournaments . . . shifty

...which is why I'm always (always) against speed force in tourneys. Besides not liking it, I'm also cognizant enough to know that I don't understand it at all either. Seems like a plot device that inherently ends up contradicting itself eventually.

Though I wasn't in the one that you "speeded" your way to victory. So meh.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 09:10 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote