KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor vs Sandman

Thor vs Sandman
Started by: basilisk

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
basilisk

Thor vs Sandman

This is Sandman, a guy who has given Hulk and Thing a bit of trouble, vs Thor. No prep, no BFR.

1) No hammer, in the city
2) No hammer, in the sandiest part of the Sahara desert
3) With hammer, in the sandiest part of the Sahara desert

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 02:03 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Sandman can't be beaten by being punched I don't think. I also don't buy the thunder clap business that is sure to pop up.

1) Tie

2) Sandman buries him alive miles underground.

3) Thor for some reason.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 02:07 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Wins all 3 and take it 10/10

i don't think sandman go stand up to the windstorms Thor could produce.

Or he could use lighting to turn sandman to glasss ",maybe" or at least the sand around him.

He could cause a huge rain storm and wash out sandman.

Then when he get mjolnir BFR

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 02:07 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

OK, I should have been more specific with the first two options since Thor can control weather without his hammer - NO WEATHER POWERS can be used until he gets the hammer. And it was no BFR specified.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 02:17 PM
basilisk is currently offline Click here to Send basilisk a Private Message Find more posts by basilisk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

1. Stalemate, Thor as the dominant force
2. Stalemate, Sandman as the dominant force
3. Thor

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 02:56 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by basilisk
OK, I should have been more specific with the first two options since Thor can control weather without his hammer - NO WEATHER POWERS can be used until he gets the hammer. And it was no BFR specified.

embarrasment i missed the no BFR part sorry hmmmm.

1. In the city he stil could pull some wins be using the his enviroment

2. Sandman will get the majority here

3. Thor pawns him

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 02:56 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

Can Thor matter manip to the subatomic level??

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 03:05 PM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Thor scatters Sandman throughout the city. It's taken a while for Sandman to regen just by being scattered in a small room.
Thor easily wins the first one.

It will be interesting to see how Sandman does with all that sand though.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 03:20 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thor, all scenarios. God of Thunder, people, hammer or not. He's created whirlwinds that send people into space. Sandman would never put Thor down. It would take a long ass time in the desert, and much less time in the other two. I'm not sure what constitutes BFR in this scenario, but he could easily disperse Sandman enough for a "KO" of sorts.

Also, yes, with the hammer he can matter manip. So in the third scenario that's another easy win.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 04:52 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Originally posted by Blanket
It's taken a while for Sandman to regen just by being scattered in a small room.
Wtf?

When was this?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 04:54 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

Hulk is dumb and Thing is not the smartest one either and they are just 1 sided tanks. Thor is not a tank, hes much more versatile.

Sandman also doesnt have the strength to even hurt Thor.

Thor stomps.

Last edited by Squirrel Fart on Aug 24th, 2009 at 04:56 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 04:54 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

thor has some control over the earth now, i wonder how it would play out in a fight against sandman.....not that he needs any of that to win however.

scenario 3 is not necessary at all, sandman has 0 chance of beating thor with mjolnir, he'd probably win 8-10/10 without it anyway.

Originally posted by The Nuul
Hulk is dumb and Thing is not the smartest one either and they are just 1 sided tanks.
won't matter in a fight against sandman cause hulk would be able to power out of any confinement sandman puts him in, same with thor.

the thing and the hulk are not in the same class, if the thing is a "tank", the hulk is far more.

Last edited by psycho gundam on Aug 24th, 2009 at 05:04 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:00 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by psycho gundam
thor has some control over the earth now, i wonder how it would play out in a fight against sandman.....not that he needs any of that to win however.
didn't he always or atleast should ahve always, his mother is Goddess of the earth and all.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:01 PM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

that's what i always thought.

i must have missed the issue where he "accepted his heritage" in more recent issues, cause way back when he mentioned being the son of gaea the elder goddess. she even revived him after he was downed.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:05 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
basilisk

Originally posted by Digi
Thor, all scenarios. God of Thunder, people, hammer or not. He's created whirlwinds that send people into space.

True, but that's why I changed it. In scenario 1 and 2 he can't use his weather powers, so he's fighting by strength alone, like the Hulk had to.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:08 PM
DarkOdin

Originally posted by psycho gundam
that's what i always thought.

i must have missed the issue where he "accepted his heritage" in more recent issues, cause way back when he mentioned being the son of gaea the elder goddess. she even revived him after he was downed.

i don't have this month issue yet but we haven't seen Thor uses any of his "earth" power yet. The only thing we have seen is Thor you some sort of energy blast during the ragnarok series. without mjolnir and no odinpower. Thor then says something about being a god and using his abilites. Then a huge red energy blast around him and the guys he was fighting it should be in the respect thread.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:15 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

While Sandman should theoretically be invulnerable, he still feels a lot of pain after struck. He screamed out whenever Spidey hits through him, etc.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:18 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gobstakid777
Restricted

Account Restricted

1.Thor
2.Sandman
3.Sandman

it's good for the bones
part of a balanced breakfast!

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:25 PM
gobstakid777 is currently offline Click here to Send gobstakid777 a Private Message Find more posts by gobstakid777 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Originally posted by Kris Blaze
While Sandman should theoretically be invulnerable, he still feels a lot of pain after struck. He screamed out whenever Spidey hits through him, etc.

If thats the case Thor stomps all 3.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:27 PM
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

There's also all sorts of odd things Thor can do. One time he swirled his cape fast enough to create a whirlwind. Sandman is just out of his league here.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Aug 24th, 2009 05:28 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote