KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman vs Hercules with a twist

Superman vs Hercules with a twist
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Superman vs Hercules with a twist

Alright what if Hercules grew up with the ability to fly as fast as Superman, and was by now a normal ability would he have a better chance against Superman? Superman couldn't use his heat ray or freeze breath. The reason for this is to see if Superman ability to lift stuff has anything to with his strength and would giving Hercules a equal flying ability would close a gap between their strength.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 02:01 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Hercules would win because the advantage superman had over him was his flight and speed.

Herc is a better brawler by a large gap than Supes.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 02:56 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Hercules would win because the advantage superman had over him was his flight and speed.

Herc is a better brawler by a large gap than Supes.

Brawler as in wrestler, yes. Fight, NO! Superman has years of training under Batman, WW, and many others. The fact that he was able to beat another Military and high ranked Kryptonian Officer in a few hits shows that.

Don't forget that Superman is still stronger, and more durable. Unless of course you got evidence to prove your claim.

What gave Superman the advantage is
Speed
Strength
Power
Versatility
Intelligence
Durability
Techiniques
and soo much more

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 04:08 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Brawler as in wrestler, yes. Fight, NO! Superman has years of training under Batman, WW, and many others. The fact that he was able to beat another Military and high ranked Kryptonian Officer in a few hits shows that.

Don't forget that Superman is still stronger, and more durable. Unless of course you got evidence to prove your claim.

Speed
Strength
Power
Versatility
Intelligence
Durability
Techiniques
and soo much more

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:12 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Speed
Strength
Power
Versatility
Intelligence
Durability
Techiniques
and soo much more

Overall I agree but there are a two things I disagree with, at least for this very matchup. It's the term "Power" and "Versatility" please define "power" and his versatility would be gone by taken away HV and freeze breath wouldn't it? Or the rest that makes him versatile is useless against Herc for example super hearing, X-Ray Vision etc.

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:19 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

This could go split, I give Herc more fighting skill under his belt but Supes has him pinned in durability, heat vision and all around versatility.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:19 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Speed
Strength
Power
Versatility
Intelligence
Durability
Techiniques
and soo much more

confused

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:21 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Overall I agree but there are a two things I disagree with, at least for this very matchup. It's the term "Power" and "Versatility" please define "power" and his versatility would be gone by taken away HV and freeze breath wouldn't it? Or the rest that makes him versatile is useless against Herc for example super hearing, X-Ray Vision etc.

No, I am not talking about this thread. I was replying to his post.

He said he gave Superman the win because Superman was only Faster and have the ability to fly. Yet, he didn't acknowledge that Superman was better in every category

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:21 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Bentley
This could go split, I give Herc more fighting skill under his belt but Supes has him pinned in durability, heat vision and all around versatility.

Heat vision and ice breath is taken away in this battle.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:22 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

He said he gave Superman the win because Superman was only Faster and have the ability to fly. Yet, he didn't acknowledge that Superman was better in every category

oh ok

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:22 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Strength is VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY debatable. Piercing damage, I agree, Supes has herc beat, blunt force trama is about equal.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:23 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Speed
Strength
Power
Versatility
Intelligence
Durability
Techiniques
and soo much more
Strength no, Techniques no.

And to be fair he was able to take down the Kyrptonian officer because he is far more experienced with his powers and how to use them.

If you need evidence Hercules held the entire planet Earth before, as his Labors have been canonized.

As for technique just because you train with people doesn't mean you are as good as them. Herc as trained with Captain America, Wolverine etc. along with some of the greatest classical fighters such as Achillies, Ajax.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:24 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by carver9
Strength is VEEEEEEEEEEEEEEERY debatable. Piercing damage, I agree, Supes has herc beat, blunt force trama is about equal.

No, it's not. Post scans of Herc and I will counter it

quote:
Strength no, Techniques no. And to be fair he was able to take down the Kyrptonian officer because he is far more experienced with his powers and how to use them. If you need evidence Hercules held the entire planet Earth before, as his Labors have been canonized. As for technique just because you train with people doesn't mean you are as good as them. Herc as trained with Captain America, Wolverine etc. along with

Superman made that claim about the powers like Sense, HV, CB, Flight..etc. Techniques and power has nothing to do with it, especially since Superman didn't use strength to beat the Kryptonian.

As I said, Herc is probably a better wrestler, but fighter, he has no feats and I am not assuming he is good. I have feats and statement. You only have a statement.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:27 PM
carver9

No, it's not. Post scans of Herc and I will counter it

Superman made that claim about the powers like Sense, HV, CB, Flight..etc. Techniques and power has nothing to do with it, especially since Superman didn't use strength to beat the Kryptonian.

As I said, Herc is probably a better wrestler, but fighter, he has no feats and I am not assuming he is good. I have feats and statement. You only have a statement.

WTF

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:34 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

No he made that claim in general to all his abilities including his strength, speed, and overall skill with using his powers. Hence why he was showcased not using only his heatvision to destroy targets but also using his speed with it to make it an incredible feat. Also I believe Superman made direct mention that he was stronger due to having been exposed to sunlight longer.

As for technique Herc can stalemate Thor in H2H who does have impressive skill feats.

As for feats lets face it Superman is still no batman in skill no matter how much you want to push it. Not saying Herc is either but to say Superman is better is a falsity considering who Herc has fought.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:35 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Well, I guess you can't prove your case.
So do you need me to ask you again.

Let's see. You claimed that reason why you give Superman the win over Herc is because of Speed and Flight

Then prove how Hercules is better in these categories
Speed
Strength
Power
Versatility
Intelligence
Durability
Techiniques

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:37 PM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Newjak
No he made that claim in general to all his abilities including his strength, speed, and overall skill with using his powers. Hence why he was showcased not using only his heatvision to destroy targets but also using his speed with it to make it an incredible feat. Also I believe Superman made direct mention that he was stronger due to having been exposed to sunlight longer.

As for technique Herc can stalemate Thor in H2H who does have impressive skill feats.

As for feats lets face it Superman is still no batman in skill no matter how much you want to push it. Not saying Herc is either but to say Superman is better is a falsity considering who Herc has fought.

Superman is stronger, but he never claimed it in World Of New Krypton
Superman made the claim that they couldn't use their powers as good as him, but that DOES NOT mean anything because
1- Superman didn't use powers to beat that Officer
2- Superman only used techniques
3- The fight was not a struggle over who was stronger, but better.

Thor is not as impressive in H2H as Superman. Though, he is good. Yet, you no one feat does not mean everything. You still need more, why? Because Superman has more

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:41 PM
bbrem123

show us then

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:42 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

It's easier for me to counter them. Since after all, your side of the argument claimed it first

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:46 PM
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Superman is stronger, but he never claimed it in World Of New Krypton
Superman made the claim that they couldn't use their powers as good as him, but that DOES NOT mean anything because
1- Superman didn't use powers to beat that Officer
2- Superman only used techniques
3- The fight was not a struggle over who was stronger, but better.

Thor is not as impressive in H2H as Superman. Though, he is good. Yet, you no one feat does not mean everything. You still need more, why? Because Superman has more
laughing

No offense but if superman is stronger which you already agree on then no matter what he will have an edge over the officer he fought which lends to him maybe not having as good skill as the officer. Not to mention we don't know just how skilled that officer is. I doubt he is on the level of a Thor or Hercules yet you will give that as a reason for superman being more skilled.

As to your idea Thor could have just as easily dispatched that Officer, Hercules as well.

Now as for Thor vs Superman H2H that is a can of worms I will not open even though I believe Thor to be superior I'll at least acknowledge a comparability there.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Dec 21st, 2009 05:47 PM