KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Flash (Wally) vs Thor

Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Flash 17 54.84%
Thor 11 35.48%
Stalemate 3 9.68%
Total: 31 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Flash (Wally) vs Thor
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Flash (Wally) vs Thor

Blood-lust on.

CIS on. No PIS. No BFR.

Fight on an indestructable planet.

(please log in to view the image) vs (please log in to view the image)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Last edited by Starscream M on Jan 22nd, 2010 at 04:25 PM

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:18 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Wally, easily.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:20 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Wally, easily.
How?

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:21 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

With CIS Thor should take a majority.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:23 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

With CIS still in effect, then Thor should win the majority. Without it, Wally can win some via massive speedblitz, but Thor can take a beating and if he can get even one attack (especially energy or wind that sends Wally flying against a wall) to connect, he can follow up with just one strike, and The Flash becomes the Fzzzzt.

With CIS: Thor 7-8/10 ('cus Wally will screw something up)

Without CIS: Thor 6/10 (with Wally's wins being accomplished in seconds, and Thor's being absolute splatter-kills)

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:31 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

even though CIS is on, remember that both are bloodlusted too.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:32 PM
Squirrel Fart

Flash is wayyyy to fast for Thor...he stomps.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:37 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

With Cis on i see Thor doing what he did with Hulk 1 time unleashing a huge ass storm.

With No Cis Flash would take it to everyone under Skyfather IMO he is a monster with no CIS

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:50 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by DarkOdin
With Cis on i see Thor doing what he did with Hulk 1 time unleashing a huge ass storm.

With No Cis Flash would take it to everyone under Skyfather IMO he is a monster with no CIS
CIS is on

also, how would a lightning storm effect Flash? to him, it would be as easy to avoid as columns of marble.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 04:54 PM
tideoftime

Originally posted by The Nuul
Flash is wayyyy to fast for Thor...he stomps.

While I can go with that train of thought, this creates some intellectual dissonance with much of what is posted on this forum: By that logic, both Superman and Wonder Woman should be able to speedblitz Thor for easy wins (while neither of them are quite as fast as Wally, they make up for it by being uberstrong) -- and I don't agree with that, conceptually, on several levels, as Thor has demonstrated that he can make for viable attacks/defenses against really fast attackers, and can endure massive punishment. Wally will connect with hundreds and thousands of blows (and powerful ones, at that) with Thor, but all Goldielocks has to do is make one of his sweeping attacks connect (which isn't saying it will automatically work, by any means) and the Flash will be off-kilter for at least a second or two; at that point, all Thor needs to do is strike him physically (if in range) or connect with one of his lightning attacks, and the battle is over. Is this a given? No. Not at all. Wally can win a number of battles against Thor. But conceptually, Thor should be able to make the wins agains him, especially if CIS is still on, 'cus Wally, as a character, is much more likely to make an error judgement in terms of combat than Thor is, in terms of executing a series of attacks.

For the sake of the arguement, I'll amend my CIS-off verdict down one grade, to a 5/10 split. But with CIS? Thor. No question. (Now, don't get me wrong: Thor will be hurting like a b!tch for it, at least for the battles where Wally gets some good attacks it...)

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:00 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
galactusischere
Apocalypse..begins!

With CIS: Thor 7/10

Without CIS: Flash 9/10

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:04 PM
galactusischere is currently offline Click here to Send galactusischere a Private Message Find more posts by galactusischere Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Originally posted by Starscream M
CIS is on

also, how would a lightning storm effect Flash? to him, it would be as easy to avoid as columns of marble.

Just to jump in on that: Lightning would be a better follow-up, or dazzle, attack than an initial sweep; while Wally is pounding on Thor, Thor wills a whirlwind of force to eminate from him -- once Wally is moved/slammed against a wall, what-have-you, Thor can follow through with an attack. For all of Wally's ability (which is very considerable, don't get me wrong), he doesn't possess massive endurance or durability -- he can be stunned quite easily by attacks that connect with him, in terms of the power level he's up against. It would only take one solid blow from Thor (via any of his many attack options) to connect with Wally for him to be out of the fight. Thor can withstand a lot of what Wally will be dishing out, and while many of Thor's attacks will fail, the post massive sweep attack will make the follow-up not that tricky.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:05 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

With Wally a tie.

With Barry...no friggin chance in Hell for Thor.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:07 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Originally posted by WickedDynamite
With Wally a tie.

With Barry...no friggin chance in Hell for Thor.

Now that one I can agree with. Barry is just too smart and clever -- he won't make certain mistakes that Wally might or would. In that scenario:

CIS on: Tie, more or less

CIS off: Thor is in major trouble and better pull some MAJOR god-tricks out of his ass to make this work. Barry 8-9/10

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:11 PM
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Philosophía
Wally, easily.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:11 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Originally posted by Starscream M
CIS is on

More the fact that Thor caused a huge flood can which he done and start frying the water. Heavy winds that would slow flash down or throw him around etc.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:26 PM
DarkOdin is currently offline Click here to Send DarkOdin a Private Message Find more posts by DarkOdin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

More the fact that Thor caused a huge flood can which he done and start frying the water. Heavy winds that would slow flash down or throw him around etc.
That a big IF.

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:28 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkOdin

Originally posted by xJLxKing
That a big IF.
Not really, I am not talking about Thor getting 10/10 wins by this tactic just 1 or 2 wins from it.

With CIS on flash just doesn't stack up against Thor ,Superman etc....

He IMO Flash with no-CIS would stop unless someone has a counter to the speedforce "which must gus don't

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:34 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I know it's non-canon but Thor is capable to create an Hurricane that covers the entire Planet. He has pretty awesome AE abilities. Wally would have to run for his life, though running is what he is best at. I dunno but Thor seems more then capable to build an AE defense against Wally.

Maybe a stalemate is more appropriate.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:36 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Not really, I am not talking about Thor getting 10/10 wins by this tactic just 1 or 2 wins from it.

With CIS on flash just doesn't stack up against Thor ,Superman etc....

He IMO Flash with no-CIS would stop unless someone has a counter to the speedforce "which must gus don't

Without CIS and PIS, Flash can easily out blitz Superman or any other High herald. Since blitzing is his only tactic, he can just blitz Thor. Thor is strong enough to kill Wally, maybe even see him coming, but he isn't fast enough to react, or hit Wally despite the 2-3 feats that he has accumulated over 40 years

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2010 05:38 PM