KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC Hermes Vs Black flash

DC Hermes Vs Black flash
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

DC Hermes Vs Black flash

can the black flash catch or stop hermes in time?

hermes is in full god mode. like the time he made wally look silly smile

I have returned

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 04:10 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

bumped

I have returned

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 03:07 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Discuss

I have returned

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 06:33 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Don't have much info on the Greek Gods or I would, trying to fix that though pirate

The Word

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 06:41 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Typically, Black Flash targets speedforce users, but in the idea that Black Flash is a personification of death, I'm guessing Death wins.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 06:43 PM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by kevdude
Don't have much info on the Greek Gods or I would, trying to fix that though pirate
this is DC though

I have returned

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 06:44 PM
kevdude
The Hooded Man

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
this is DC though

Yeah, buying more WW comics for the moment, Achilles should get a book of his own.

Originally posted by Juntai

Typically, Black Flash targets speedforce users, but in the idea that Black Flash is a personification of death, I'm guessing Death wins

Do you know, has Hermes and Hades ever got into it before??

The Word

Last edited by kevdude on Jan 23rd, 2010 at 06:54 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 06:50 PM
kevdude is currently offline Click here to Send kevdude a Private Message Find more posts by kevdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Yeah, buying more WW comics for the moment, Achilles should get a book of his own

yes

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 07:05 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yeah, buying more WW comics for the moment, Achilles should get a book of his own.

I heard a rumor he's going to show on a team book.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 07:09 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Normally, Hermes would have the edge on the Flash (any incarnation), but I have to wonder in this scenario; if going by Forum Rules, the Greek Gods in DC aren't quite as up-to-snuff as they were even 10 years ago (RL time), so... I'm not sure. Black Flash might edge something out, in some weird metaphysical way.

That's a good question.

Looks like nobody has a real answer for you...

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 10:59 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by tideoftime
Normally, Hermes would have the edge on the Flash (any incarnation), but I have to wonder in this scenario; if going by Forum Rules, the Greek Gods in DC aren't quite as up-to-snuff as they were even 10 years ago (RL time), so... I'm not sure.

Depends on the gods. Some got weaker, but Aphrodite, Athena, and Ares got stronger as love and conflict remained in force. I think Hermes remained about the same.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 11:15 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Hermes has a lot more versatility going for him. He can project energy blasts, basically conjure stuff out of nowhere, super strength, durability, etc.

I don't see how or why Hermes couldn't win.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 11:22 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Hermes has a lot more versatility going for him. He can project energy blasts, basically conjure stuff out of nowhere, super strength, durability, etc.

I don't see how or why Hermes couldn't win.

Did you reply in the Hermes vs Runner thread? Who would win that?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 11:24 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Prep-Man
Did you reply in the Hermes vs Runner thread? Who would win that?

No, I didn't respond in that thread.

I can't really say who would win in any case because I'm not terribly familiar with Runner aside from the blitz scene with Thanos and the gems. I will say that Hermes has way more going for him than sheer speed, though.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 11:25 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Originally posted by Q99
Depends on the gods. Some got weaker, but Aphrodite, Athena, and Ares got stronger as love and conflict remained in force. I think Hermes remained about the same.

That's unfortunately not as true as statement as it once was (right now, out of those three deities, only Aphrodite is in remotely good condition/state of being); I get what you're saying, but in DC the Greek Gods have been having their collective ass's handed to them for a number of years now (I mean, getting ganked by Granny Goodness is one of the all-time lows that can happen to somebody, and really lets you know you aren't what you used to be... -- As a sidenote to that, I really think Granny's "impersonation" of Athena was handled very poorly: Diana, upon laying eyes on "Athena" should have known immediately something was wrong, at the very least, if not out-right knowing it wasn't her, not merely because of Diana's ability to discern truth, but because of her very deep connection to Athena, directly. But anywho... )

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2010 11:26 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by tideoftime
(I mean, getting ganked by Granny Goodness is one of the all-time lows that can happen to somebody, and really lets you know you aren't what you used to be... -- As a sidenote to that, I really think Granny's "impersonation" of Athena was handled very poorly: Diana, upon laying eyes on "Athena" should have known immediately something was wrong, at the very least, if not out-right knowing it wasn't her, not merely because of Diana's ability to discern truth, but because of her very deep connection to Athena, directly. But anywho... )

Well, yea, there was some poorly thought out stuff there.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 12:09 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

As long as Hermes can run FTL, Black Flash cannot catch him.

Flash Fact.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 06:00 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Originally posted by Galan007

Flash Fact.

Also I recall that once Wally outran the Black Flash by leaving the universe/timestream completely and entering a void where Death doesn't exist as a concept.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 06:05 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Galan007

Flash Fact.
Then how'd he chase Wally through time?
You have to go faster than light to timetravel.
Black Racer however has been foiled by going ftl on a couple of occasions. First in Jack Kirby's Fourth World, when Lightray did it, and then in Final Crisis, when they basically made an homage to it.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 06:07 PM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

^ I think they once explained that death is slower than the speed of light or something.
*shrug*

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2010 06:08 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote