KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)
Started by: zenthepoet

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
zenthepoet
~ Dream is Destiny ~

Who do you declare the winner and why?

Last edited by zenthepoet on Mar 22nd, 2010 at 02:45 PM

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 02:31 PM
zenthepoet is currently offline Click here to Send zenthepoet a Private Message Find more posts by zenthepoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Who can be? Neither, to try would strike off a debate of epic proportions that never ends.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 02:35 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Hal Jordan.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 02:41 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Hal

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 02:43 PM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zenthepoet
~ Dream is Destiny ~

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Q99
Who can be? Neither, to try would strike off a debate of epic proportions that never ends.

I adjusted that to something better..

Its not like there a definite answer anyway..

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 02:44 PM
zenthepoet is currently offline Click here to Send zenthepoet a Private Message Find more posts by zenthepoet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zenthepoet
~ Dream is Destiny ~

Re: Green Lantern (Hal Jordan) vs. Green Lantern (Kyle Rayner)

Some have said Hal but what are your reasons?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 02:44 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by zenthepoet
Some have said Hal but what are your reasons?
He's obviously the main hero of the gl books. He's the real deal when everything falls to crap while Kyle only takes up the reigns and becomes the main hero when Hal is out of the picture. Hal's also getting a movie made about him and seems to be much bigger in dc than kyle rayner. he seems to be handled with a great deal of more respect than Rayner.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 02:47 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

What are Hal Jordans top feats? I'm reading GL and GLC but I honestly haven't seen as impressive constructs like the ones of Kyle when he was the "main GL"

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 03:01 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

I'd say Kyle. As mentioned, he's shown the best post-crisis feats- containing a supernova, holding Imperiax... in short, he was around for all the big universe-busting stuff of the Morrison era. Even after Hal returned, he still gets to pull really cool stuff like his sacrifice play at the central battery, and he's second in line for the top spot of the corps at the moment. He's torchbearer for a reason.

Also in his favor, he attracted the spirit of willpower to himself twice, and is possibly the most responsible person with uber cosmic power in comics. When someone gets insanely uber power, they go mad and try and destroy the universe, not be Ion1.

Plus, I like his construct style, and I like his relationship with Soranik.

There's no such thing as a 'one true GL' or 'one greatest GL' (a title Kyle and Hal have both gotten) and each of them have their advantages and disadvantages, but that's my reason.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 03:15 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by Q99
There's no such thing as a 'one true GL' or 'one greatest GL' (a title Kyle and Hal have both gotten) and each of them have their advantages and disadvantages, but that's my reason.
(please log in to view the image)

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 03:43 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by OneDumbG0
(please log in to view the image)

^ THIS.

Guy solos.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 05:45 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Kyle wins thanks to his superior post crisis feats.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 05:55 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Hal.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 06:12 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hal.

As for why? His feats are fine, even Post Crisis, and the list of people he's taken on will always be more impressive to me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 06:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zenthepoet
~ Dream is Destiny ~

I would go with Hal myself.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 07:14 PM
Mindset

Originally posted by quanchi112
He's obviously the main hero of the gl books. He's the real deal when everything falls to crap while Kyle only takes up the reigns and becomes the main hero when Hal is out of the picture. Hal's also getting a movie made about him and seems to be much bigger in dc than kyle rayner. he seems to be handled with a great deal of more respect than Rayner.
So he wins because he's more popular?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 07:22 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by Mindset
So he wins because he's more popular?

That's why Superman wins, amirite? eek!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 07:23 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Originally posted by -Pr-

As for why? His feats are fine, even Post Crisis, and the list of people he's taken on will always be more impressive to me.

Personally I think Kyle has the better Rogues gallery outside Sinestro.

Most of Hal's classic villains weren't all that dangerous, and the few that were tended to be transferred over to Kyle too.

Plus, there were way more cosmic threats under Kyle's tenure. Imperiax, Mageddon, Z, Parallax-with-full-battery. Kyle's era was lousy with them.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 07:30 PM