KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL (Hal), Orion, Silver Surfer, Thor vs Darkseid, Thanos.

GL (Hal), Orion, Silver Surfer, Thor vs Darkseid, Thanos.
Started by: lawest9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lawest9

GL (Hal), Orion, Silver Surfer, Thor vs Darkseid, Thanos.

Hal-with blue ring addition
Orion-w/astro force gear and mother box.
Surfer-with recent upgrade.
Thor-classic

VS standard versions of both Thanos and Darkseid.

Who wins?

Last edited by lawest9 on Mar 29th, 2010 at 06:39 AM

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 06:35 AM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Thanos and Darkseid pretty easily.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 06:36 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Darkseid dies.

Surfer and Thor can't do anything to Thanos (per comics). I'm led to believe that Orion should put up a fight...
I don't know what the general consensus is on Hal vs Thanos.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 06:41 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JoseMadre

Hal with both rings would be essentially invulnerable, and again by his willpower he just opens an interdimensional rift and sends the opposition to another universe.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 08:21 AM
JoseMadre is currently offline Click here to Send JoseMadre a Private Message Find more posts by JoseMadre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Team one 5.5

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 07:40 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Darkseid dies but he take a couple with him, Thanos takes out the rest and easily.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 29th, 2010 07:44 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I agree that Darkseid does die but Thanos wins.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JoseMadre
Hal with both rings would be essentially invulnerable, and again by his willpower he just opens an interdimensional rift and sends the opposition to another universe.

Hal could barely function using both rings because of the static interference they caused with one another.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:42 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Originally posted by JoseMadre
by his willpower he just opens an interdimensional rift and sends the opposition to another universe.

Because BFR is such a problem for either Thanos or Darkseid, right?

Team Universal Domination FTW.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:44 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Actually. Pending a smart strategy, I think the team could win. Have Thor occupy Thanos for as long as possible, while they go 3-on-1 vs. DS. Thor's energy soak (and counter attack) has made him a tough out for Thanos even 1-on-1.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:54 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Digi
Actually. Pending a smart strategy, I think the team could win. Have Thor occupy Thanos for as long as possible, while they go 3-on-1 vs. DS. Thor's energy soak (and counter attack) has made him a tough out for Thanos even 1-on-1.
Didn't him and Thing get trucked through when Thanos went on the offensive?

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:55 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Thor's energy soak (and counter attack) has made him a tough out for Thanos even 1-on-1.

I don't agree. Backed up in two different fights on panel, and against the Thanosi in Celestial Quest in addition to that, Thor isn't a problem for Thanos at all.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:55 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Blanket
Didn't him and Thing get trucked through when Thanos went on the offensive?

Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't agree. Backed up in two different fights on panel, and against the Thanosi in Celestial Quest in addition to that, Thor isn't a problem for Thanos at all.

Thor also once beat Thanos with a bunch of armor-related upgrades. Not Classic Thor, granted. But again, if his job is to buy the team time, he could play defensive and tank Thanos for quite a while, which he has done before, and could do again. No one's saying he beats Thanos.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 03:59 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Thor also once beat Thanos with a bunch of armor-related upgrades. Not Classic Thor, granted. But again, if his job is to buy the team time, he could play defensive and tank Thanos for quite a while, which he has done before, and could do again. No one's saying he beats Thanos.
He beat a Thanosi when he had the Belt of Strength with Odin Power, and armor. Only after he destroyed Thanos' powerup by going for it specifically.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:01 AM
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

What Bran said.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:01 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Thanos would easily take down Thor. One of the best showings ever from thor in the blood of thunder with the power gem Thanos took on for the sheer thrill of it.

Thor is a top tier and Thanos can beat him any time he wants. Don't forget he can pure force block him at any moment in time.

That was a clone. Thanos later kinda mocked Thor for holding this victory in so high regard and then easily hand waved Thor's hammer toss to the ground.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

He beat a Thanosi when he had the Belt of Strength with Odin Power, and armor. Only after he destroyed Thanos' powerup by going for it specifically.

Hell, was that a Thanosi? I thought it was the real deal. Conceded then, on that feat at least.

I still maintain my point. Thanos' energy blasts are ammo for Thor, which is usually his main attack. And he doesn't have the pimp hand jobber aura against Thor like he does with Surfer. It would take him a while to down Thor. The team could feasibly gang-bang DS before Thor fell.

There's people saying DS dies anyway, so I don't see why my idea is so far-fetched.

Last edited by Digi on Mar 30th, 2010 at 04:09 AM

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:04 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Hell, was that a Thanosi? I thought it was the real deal. Conceded then, on that feat at least.

I still maintain my point. Thanos' energy blasts are ammo for Thor. And he doesn't have the pimp hand jobber aura against Thor like he does with Surfer. It would take him a while to down Thor. The team could feasibly gang-bang DS before Thor fell.
The same clone was foretold to kill Thor had Thor not gotten his powerups btw...

He could go h2h... or semi close and eye blast him to hell. The only way Thor is lasting any amount of time, is if all he does is stand back and absorb... and Thanos stands back and blasts the whole time. erm

I don't see how Surfer jobs tbh. Especially when Thanos' powers are apparently enough to give Surfer all his energy back with the wave of his hand... Kind of hard for Surfer to ever look good against someone so far above him.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:14 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

The same clone was foretold to kill Thor had Thor not gotten his powerups btw...

He could go h2h... or semi close and eye blast him to hell. The only way Thor is lasting any amount of time, is if all he does is stand back and absorb... and Thanos stands back and blasts the whole time. erm

I don't see how Surfer jobs tbh. Especially when Thanos' powers are apparently enough to give Surfer all his energy back with the wave of his hand... Kind of hard for Surfer to ever look good against someone so far above him.

Classic Thor could absorb energy even if it wasn't going directly into his hammer, so long as he was holding Mjolnir...it would channel into the hammer. Gotta assume full powersets for that to work, of course, but this is a forum battle. And if he is buying time, he wouldn't necessarily be goaded into a brawl easily.

I know Thanos is on a different level. We're mostly on the same page here. I prefaced my first statement with the necessity of it being a smartly executed plan. Comic-Thor would almost certainly get trucked early in a brawl.

I also don't see Thanos' feats as being so far beyond Surfer that he deserves one-shots at the hands of Thanos. There's a gap, to be sure, however.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:19 AM
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Team 2 wins handily.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2010 04:20 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote