KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » silver surfer(fan4 movie) vs superman(returns)

silver surfer(fan4 movie) vs superman(returns)
Started by: lionking

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
lionking

silver surfer(fan4 movie) vs superman(returns)

who wins

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:34 PM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Movie Superman

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:37 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

superman

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:37 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Superman, In the movie he was a beast. SS in the movies was meh a shadow of what he was suppose to be.

Also Supes could fly punch surfer off his board and SS loses all his powers (yea... i almost vomited in my mouth when they wrote that into the movie)

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:39 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Superman, In the movie he was a beast. SS in the movies was meh a shadow of what he was suppose to be.

Also Supes could fly punch surfer off his board and SS loses all his powers (yea... i almost vomited in my mouth when they wrote that into the movie)
i think they F ed up deadpool more than surfer

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:41 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

they had to have doom do his whole stealing the cosmic power thing, and the only way they could pull that off was to weaken the surfer someway otherwise doom creating a machine that could do it would create plot holes.

Originally posted by chomperx9
i don't get the mass appeal of deadpool.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:42 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by chomperx9

yep seriously wtf. I enjoyed Ryan Renolds as him but later in the movie he became Barakapool lol (think deadpool in his comic coined that name) and that was just silly.

I liked when deadpool for like 5 mins in the begining of the movie.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:47 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Originally posted by psycho gundam
they had to have doom do his whole stealing the cosmic power thing, and the only way they could pull that off was to weaken the surfer someway otherwise doom creating a machine that could do it would create plot holes.

they could have done it better. But whatever both F4 movies was complete trash.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:48 PM
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

the 2nd one was only like an hour long. even disney movies are longer than that

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 08:50 PM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Superman

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 09:12 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

more like the air hardened juices of decaying organic matter that spackle the sides of trash bins.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 09:37 PM
Bouboumaster

Lol, Movie Sups would murder Movie Surfer 10/10

But talking about ****ed up character, Emo-Whiner Superman (Superman Return) and his child wasn't really cool too

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 09:37 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

First of all, movie Surfer did have one improvement over comics Surfer: he wasn't so easily knocked off his board. On top of that, he readily went intangible, could absorb objects into his board, and had enough power to take out a being who ate planets.

Still, Supes probably wins. I did not like Doug Jones take: he was too thin and sometimes looked bowllegged. Worst of all was when he went from Silver Surfer ---> Grey Wuss.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Last edited by Mindship on Apr 27th, 2010 at 09:49 PM

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 09:46 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by psycho gundam

I don't give you enough credit.

Old Post Apr 27th, 2010 09:49 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Slaanesh
The forces of Chaos

Surfer win..

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 01:23 AM
Slaanesh is currently offline Click here to Send Slaanesh a Private Message Find more posts by Slaanesh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

it would be hard to knock surfer off his board

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 12:42 PM
lionking is currently offline Click here to Send lionking a Private Message Find more posts by lionking Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Silver surfer did not lose his powers because he became separated from his board...
The board in the movie is the source of surfers power. Reed created a device edfectivly jamming tht signal between surfer and the board...

Like the board is a wireless modem and surfer wa the laptop connecting to it... In this case reed put up a firewall. Getting knocked off the board does not make surfer powerless....

Also on the board surfer can go intangible. When Johnny had all four ff4 powers did surfer doom appear much damaged? Not really... Doom was defeated because his hacking device that allowed him to gain the power of the surfer was destroyed... That was when doom surfer lost...

In the movie surfer easily handled all the ff4 by himself even walking through sues force fields

if anything superman gets stomped

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 04:55 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by rotiart
if anything superman gets stomped

Lulz, no.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 05:47 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lionking

the blast surfer unleashes at the end to kill galactus. the dust that was forming around the would was bigger then jupiter. and surfers blast was powerful enough to destory it.

what would a blast like that do to superman.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 06:05 PM
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by lionking
the blast surfer unleashes at the end to kill galactus. the dust that was forming around the would was bigger then jupiter. and surfers blast was powerful enough to destory it.

what would a blast like that do to superman.

You mean the blast that Surfer had to charge up for 2 weeks in order to accomplish?

Yeah, I'm sure Superman would just stand there and allow it.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2010 06:22 PM