KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The (Dr.) Manhattan Project

The (Dr.) Manhattan Project
Started by: marwash22

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

The (Dr.) Manhattan Project

Intro: For the purposes of this thread, Dr. Manhattan is a megalomaniacal Alien from another galaxy who is bent on world domination.

Notes:

The Marvel and DC universes are one in the same.
Dr. Manhattan has all of the abilities he is known to have.

Scenario: Manhattan has arrived on Earth and declared that, in a weeks time, he will destroy all of Earths citizens. He has already obliterated nearly everyone with superhuman abilities; be they human, mutant or alien.

Somehow, lets just call it PIS, the following people have survived...

Reed Richards
Tony Stark
Hank Pym
Martian Manhunter
Bruce Banner (has full control over his alter ego)
Dr. Doom
Michael Holt
Bruce Wayne
Ray Palmer
John Henry Irons

At their disposal:

Their brains and of course, their respective abilities.
Basic knowledge of what Manhattan is capable of.
Any technology that is NOT of alien origin.

With their collective resources, money is obviously not an issue.

No outside forces are available. This means...
-no Asgardians.
-no Lantern Corp.
-no Silver Surfer
-no Thanos
-no Tribunal
-etc.

Extra note: CIS is off, so they will work together and there is no double crossing or infighting. Ego's remain, but for the most part, they work as a team.

So, within the time of seven days. will they be able to devise a plan to stop or kill Dr. Manhattan? How does it happen? Do any of them survive the encounter?

Old Post May 26th, 2010 08:58 PM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
McNasty996

I'm going to say they can do it within that time period and they
may even be able to recreate the accident that gave him his powers
seeing as there are a couple of people here who are very knowledgeable
in physics but what could completely destroy them is if manhattan chooses to
look into the future and counteract whatever they could plan it all depends if
manhattan actually chooses to do something about it or not as we have seen
that there are somethings that he just accepts and feels he can't do anything about

Old Post May 26th, 2010 09:51 PM
McNasty996 is currently offline Click here to Send McNasty996 a Private Message Find more posts by McNasty996 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

He doesnt really look into the future, past present and future all the same to him, all happening simultaneously.

I think they migh come up with a way to banish or contain him, but it's speculation.

Old Post May 26th, 2010 10:43 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Black bolt z
Mindsets Master

Well the thing is he knows the future but he doesn't change it.He knew JFK was going to be shot but didn't stop it.If however he is completely hellbent on world domination and would use all of his powers to their fullest extent I don't think they could stop him.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 12:53 AM
Black bolt z is currently offline Click here to Send Black bolt z a Private Message Find more posts by Black bolt z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Black bolt z
Well the thing is he knows the future but he doesn't change it.He knew JFK was going to be shot but didn't stop it.If however he is completely hellbent on world domination and would use all of his powers to their fullest extent I don't think they could stop him.

He doesn't change it because it's already happened. The future is what it is because he didn't alter it, otherwise it'd be something else and he'd know about it just the same..

Old Post May 27th, 2010 04:06 AM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

Banner, Doom, and Reed are MUCH more intelligent than Ozymandias, and they've all dealt with beings with a similar nature, such as Silver Surfer, Molecule Man, The Beyonder, and Sentry. I'm certain the last 3 would take the majority over Manhattan. Even the Surfer has shown time travel on occasion. Doom would eventually take his powers, and even if he didn't, locking him in the Negative Zone would slow him down enough to give them more time. I think that Reed and Victor could solo this if they needed to.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 04:57 AM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Doom solos.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 05:10 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Reed solos.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:23 AM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rader
Person

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Doom solos.

That's what I wanted to say, but I don't want people catching on to the fact that I'm a Doom fanboy. Also, Mahattan's feats aren't too spectacular. He was blowing up Vietcong one at a time. He was also slowed down by something that Reed and Doom could prolly easily get a hold of.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:26 AM
rader is currently offline Click here to Send rader a Private Message Find more posts by rader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mshinu
Star for a Brain

Spite, the blue guy gets stomped.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:28 AM
Mshinu is currently offline Click here to Send Mshinu a Private Message Find more posts by Mshinu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

as much as i back dr manhattan on these forums, this is way to many top minds put together.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 06:58 AM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Start spraying tachyons all over the place and his advantage is negated, then they just figure out a plan and implement it.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:00 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Doom solos.

With CIS off?

Unlike Watchman Manhattan, he'll actually do something about his future knowledge.

But what if they try and block his omni-time vision like Ozy did, one may ask? Technically, Dr. Manhattan should've been aware of events just before, and just after his time vision got obstructed. But he just didn't act on it, because it's what he does...

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:05 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

that doesnt mean hed kno who did it. he can only see his own timeline.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:16 AM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

lol, this aint spite!

I made the thread with the thought that it would be a challenge for the group to defeat him. I do think they can do it, but i hardly think any of them can go solo.

Perhaps, Reed, Doom or even Ray could trap him solo, but killing him would probably need to be a group effort.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:30 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

doom would steal his power and then kill him with a thought.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:32 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Originally posted by Lord_Talron
doom would steal his power and then kill him with a thought.
you make it sound so easy. I don't think it would be so easy to steal the powers of someone who is conscious of all things.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:45 AM
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

HE ISNT. HE CAN SEE HIS TIMELINE ONLY. and if doom can disrupt that with tachyons, he wont see it coming. not that he can do anything about it, because : "He doesn't change [the future] because it's already happened."

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:50 AM
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

I'm not talking about his perception of time or his ability to alter it; I'm referring to his overwhelming grasp of his own mind. That conscious swapping crap aint gonna fly.

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:58 AM
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

wut. you said doom has access to any tech that isnt alien. all he needs is his own tech to steal manhattan's powers and then make his head pop once hes powerless

Old Post May 27th, 2010 07:59 AM