KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » L.E.G.I.O.N. Vs Guardians Of The Galaxy

L.E.G.I.O.N. Vs Guardians Of The Galaxy
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

L.E.G.I.O.N. Vs Guardians Of The Galaxy

(please log in to view the image)

vs

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 04:37 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

I'd pick the Guardians because of their first class telepaths and their weaponary. Ignorance of the L.E.G.I.O.N. notwithstanding.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 04:51 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Weaponry? LEGION has Vril. Telepaths? Legion has Telepath. Not sure how powerful he is, though.

Plus LEGION has Lobo who has great tp resistance.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 04:54 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Desaad

Captain Comet would be the more decisive choice in terms of telepathy on the LEGION team, surely.

Since Mantis' actual offensive telepathic abilities have never really been explored (or seen, individually) I'd say Telepath and Comet combined are probably decent enough matches for the dog and Moondragon. Enough where I don't think it will be a deciding factor.

Between Lobo (the only top tier on either side), Lady Quark (herself a near top tier), and Captain Comet I think LEGION has the more powerful line up. Groot will be a decent match up for Strata or Garv, Eagle for the other, Vril will be decent against Starlord, Stealth against Mantis, Lobo is going to dominate Drax, Comet is going to be a weaker telepath but a stronger telekinetic and physically much stronger than Moondragon, oh you know I forgot about Vance Astro...actually, with all those telepaths they might win it regardless, though I still think they are at a power disadvantage.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 06:29 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Well Mantis has been using her TP offensively in TTI. Scrambled the fake Dr. Stranges' brain. Helped mindlock Thanos etc.

Last edited by dmills on Sep 1st, 2010 at 06:59 AM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 06:54 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

And I can't stress their gear enough. They have weapons that have herald level output. And let's not forget Gamora with her sword.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 06:57 AM
Senor Cage

Vril was smart enough to create a force field powerful enough to hold Starro. It was as big as a Galaxy, IIRC.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 06:59 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

The starfish?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 07:02 AM
Senor Cage

Yeah, power of nine galaxies or something.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 07:03 AM
Desaad

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dmills
And I can't stress their gear enough. They have weapons that have herald level output. And let's not forget Gamora with her sword.

If they are allowed to bring gear into it, then it's going to be the REBELS no contest. Vril has a 50-world spanning police force of powerful robot enforcers and is a 10th level super intelligence. Figured out a way to stop Waverider, for instance, on the fly, and create an impentrable barrier around a multi-solar system space (so powerful that not even light-speed traveling planet destroyers could get through at it's weakest point).

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 07:14 AM
Desaad is currently offline Click here to Send Desaad a Private Message Find more posts by Desaad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Desaad
If they are allowed to bring gear into it, then it's going to be the REBELS no contest. Vril has a 50-world spanning police force of powerful robot enforcers and is a 10th level super intelligence. Figured out a way to stop Waverider, for instance, on the fly, and create an impentrable barrier around a multi-solar system space (so powerful that not even light-speed traveling planet destroyers could get through at it's weakest point).

Weapons are standard equipment for the Guardians. Personally, Lobo seems to be a bit of a trouble, Guardians can always try triple Moondragon/Cosmo/Mantis TK blast -add Major Victory for good messure- which worked on a weakened Thanos. Barring that, they would have a hard time dealing with Lobo alone, if not using bfr or assuming uber pressure points can take him down the count.

There are three things in which the Guardians excell: Martial arts, TP & bombs. If those three things fail they are screwed.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 02:06 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

They're also filled with superb tacticians and their standar equipment should include teleportation tech and heavy weaponry.

Their telepaths are pretty monstruous and I think the dog is a herald btw.

Last edited by 753 on Sep 1st, 2010 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2010 03:32 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

LEGION.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 05:02 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

L.E.G.I.O.N

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 11:54 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by 753
They're also filled with superb tacticians and their standar equipment should include teleportation tech and heavy weaponry.

Their telepaths are pretty monstruous and I think the dog is a herald btw.

Mindrape most of them and Bfr Lobo. They may take some wins.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 12:52 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I hate to say what I'm about to say, but I don't see how Guardians can win physically this one. Even if there's Gamora, Mantis and Moondragon on the team, how can they stop Lobo?

Nah, their best bet it's to go all telepathy on L.E.G.I.O.N. Moondragon is a BEAST in telepathy department, having in the past blocked Charles Xavier, mindrape Thor and mindrape an entire planet too. Also, there's Mantis and Cosmo, who are also monsters when it comes to telepathy. If that fail, than L.E.G.I.O.N. wins.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 01:06 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Bouboumaster I hate to say what I'm about to say, but I don't see how Guardians can win physically this one. Even if there's Gamora, Mantis and Moondragon on the team, how can they stop Lobo?
godlsayer?
quote:

Nah, their best bet it's to go all telepathy on L.E.G.I.O.N. Moondragon is a BEAST in telepathy department, having in the past blocked Charles Xavier, mindrape Thor and mindrape an entire planet too. Also, there's Mantis and Cosmo, who are also monsters when it comes to telepathy. If that fail, than L.E.G.I.O.N. wins.
Yes, but not only that, i think the dog might actually be the stronger of them. His TK certainly seems so.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 04:13 PM
753 is currently offline Click here to Send 753 a Private Message Find more posts by 753 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Wouldn't Captain Comet cancel out Dog?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 08:39 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Prep-Man

Depends on which one has the stronger ability.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 09:48 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote

Originally posted by Prep-Man
You are aware that Cosmo actually is a dog, he's not named Dog, aren't you?

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2010 10:31 PM