KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wonder Woman vs. Big Barda

Wonder Woman vs. Big Barda
Started by: kbclassof09

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kbclassof09
The Great Demi-Saiyan

Wonder Woman vs. Big Barda

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 07:29 PM
kbclassof09 is currently offline Click here to Send kbclassof09 a Private Message Find more posts by kbclassof09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

They have fought, and WW won.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2010 07:43 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kbclassof09
The Great Demi-Saiyan

Wonder Woman won because she had flight and speed to her advantage. Im talking about strength.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 11:52 PM
kbclassof09 is currently offline Click here to Send kbclassof09 a Private Message Find more posts by kbclassof09 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

Still Wonder Woman. For comparison purposes Queen Bee was matching Big Barda in a scrap but wanted none of Wonder Woman.

“Where the longleaf pines are whispering
to him who loved them so.
Where the faint murmurs now dwindling
echo o’er tide and shore."

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 19th, 2010 11:54 PM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Still Wonder Woman. For comparison purposes Queen Bee was matching Big Barda in a scrap but wanted none of Wonder Woman.

Barda did beat QB.

I think strength-wise they're pretty even, personally.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:23 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Barda beats Diana's ass now.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:26 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Also in the Superman/Batman arc where Supergirl was introduced, Barda was with Wonderwoman against the Furies, and Barda was on the receiving end of a beating while Wonder Woman was doing alright, albeit struggling for someone who's meant to be nearly Superman's equal. It's another story that highlights the gap between Supes and his peers when he pours it on.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 12:53 AM
Juntai is online now! Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

no female character (in DC) can beat non-spayed Wondy.

EDIT: w/o reality warp.

Last edited by marwash22 on Oct 20th, 2010 at 01:06 AM

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 01:02 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I think Diana is stronger, personally. Not by a huge amount; just enough to be an actual difference.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 01:39 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by marwash22

Well Circe can. Unless you count magic under "reality warping".

-A Grave Epitaph in Santa Rosa County, Florida; I wish I could remember the man's name.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 01:40 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by marwash22

Maxima

wink

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 01:53 AM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tideoftime

Well Circe can. Unless you count magic under "reality warping".

Circe's magic certainly is "reality-warping", in this context.

Generally, Diana is stronger than Barda -- BB makes up the difference by toughing it out and using skill to offset the (not major) divide between them... not unlike how WW has to do the same when fighting SM.

Generally speaking, only Maxima ganking out on the TK, or Powergirl, match WW's relative strength; Mary Marvel, Supergirl, and Donna come in behind them (in roughly that order), though, as per the norm for DC's take on physical strength, this doesn't equate to any gross measurment in tonnage -- just generalities. Barda would fit in with the latter set of females.

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:30 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision

Originally posted by tideoftime
Circe's magic certainly is "reality-warping", in this context.

Generally, Diana is stronger than Barda -- BB makes up the difference by toughing it out and using skill to offset the (not major) divide between them... not unlike how WW has to do the same when fighting SM.

Generally speaking, only Maxima ganking out on the TK, or Powergirl, match WW's relative strength; Mary Marvel, Supergirl, and Donna come in behind them (in roughly that order), though, as per the norm for DC's take on physical strength, this doesn't equate to any gross measurment in tonnage -- just generalities. Barda would fit in with the latter set of females.

When has Mary Marvel (unamped) shown greater strength than Supergirl?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:32 PM
tideoftime

When has Mary Marvel (unamped) shown greater strength than Supergirl?

I said *generally*. Supergirl is strong, and stronger than many give her credit for, but I just listed them in that order as Mary would *seem* to edge Kara out, even if only marginally. Keep in mind, actually *demonstrating* such between them would be difficult -- Mary should generally be as strong as Diana or Karen, barring situational circumstances, and that would put her ahead of Kara, though not majorly. When cutting down to the nitty-gritty, and just using the females I included, the order of:
Wonder Woman/Powergirl
Mary Marvel
Supergirl
Barda
Donna

... is *generally* correct, for how they are *usually* portrayed in the comics. Now, extra-factors relative to strength (durability, stamina, speed, skill, finesse, etc.) can have a bearing on things, certainly; Mary Marvel, for example, could well beat WW in a "who can hold up their side of the mountain longer" competition, or in a prolonged tug-of-war, due to Mary's superior long (loooonnnnngggg) term stamina. Conversly, WW (or Barda, for that matter) can out-skill her in a fight. But again, in terms of just brute strength, the above list is generally correct. (And, of course, the usually disclaimer: I ignore WW's current storyline for Forum purposes because it's just a story-arc, and not an inherent change in direction for the the character/her portrayal, because it skews the subject matter too far.)

(Oh... right... geek...)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 05:44 PM
tideoftime is currently offline Click here to Send tideoftime a Private Message Find more posts by tideoftime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Konton
Maxima

wink

Yeah I always thought Maxi could give Diana a run too. If she used all of her powers that is.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 06:04 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Maxima was the only member of the Adventures of Superman JLA (issue #498 IIRC) lineup that was able to throw punches with Doomsday alongside Superman.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:53 PM
Konton is currently offline Click here to Send Konton a Private Message Find more posts by Konton Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by Stoic
Yeah I always thought Maxi could give Diana a run too. If she used all of her powers that is.
This but more than likely she fails like this
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 07:58 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

current Diana, not in the least

classic Diana, is stronger

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 20th, 2010 09:02 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Konton
Homo Magi

Originally posted by iceman24567
This but more than likely she fails like this
(please log in to view the image)

Maxima has downed Superman with her eye blasts too, though. She also pwnd Orion with them IIRC.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:21 AM
Senor Cage

That was a TP blast.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2010 02:30 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote