KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr Doom and Lex Luthor VS Superman

Dr Doom and Lex Luthor VS Superman
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Dr Doom and Lex Luthor VS Superman

vs

I have returned

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 01:55 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Hasn't Lex on his own already beat Superman multiple times? I'm not talking about keeping him utterly beaten, I mean physically knocked him out or incapacitated him.

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 02:15 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

No prep? Superman triumphs in the end but team gets a few licks.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 02:43 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Not really. The greatest expert at Superman's weaknesses and a formidable adept at magic teamed up? Superman ain't no Sentry.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 02:57 AM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
^ Not really. The greatest expert at Superman's weaknesses and a formidable adept at magic teamed up? Superman ain't no Sentry.

Considering what Sentry did to beat Doom he's much better than Sentry no expression

Luthor has his armor I assume. Superman can only lose this battle with hefty amounts of PIS.

Edit: Or hefty amounts of CIS, I meant to write CIS at the beginning but PIS applies too.

Last edited by Bentley on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 03:12 AM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 03:10 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hasn't Lex on his own already beat Superman multiple times? I'm not talking about keeping him utterly beaten, I mean physically knocked him out or incapacitated him.

with prep.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 03:14 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chomperx9
Restricted

Account Restricted

why the F would lex need dooms help ?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 03:15 AM
chomperx9 is currently offline Click here to Send chomperx9 a Private Message Find more posts by chomperx9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord_Talron
The Lion's Roar

Originally posted by chomperx9
why the F would doom need lex's help ?
i agree.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 03:29 AM
Lord_Talron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord_Talron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord_Talron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Originally posted by -Pr-
with prep.
Hasn't Lex fought Superman straight-up with his battle-suit?
Originally posted by Bentley
Considering what Sentry did to beat Doom he's much better than Sentry
This makes no sense. Superman ain't no Sentry. Also, let me know where in the OP, Doom is fending off Wonderman, Ares, Wasp, Spiderwoman, etc. and is distracted. Because the first time Sentry bumrushed Doom, Doom messed Sentry up with his magic and was asked to relent by Stark. I don't think Superman is going to fare any better with that spell or have Tony Stark around to stop him.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Luthor has his armor I assume. Superman can only lose this battle with hefty amounts of PIS.

Edit: Or hefty amounts of CIS, I meant to write CIS at the beginning but PIS applies too.
Lex has no chance against Superman in his suit? That sounds dumb.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 04:28 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Considering what Sentry did to beat Doom he's much better than Sentry no expression

Dude, the Sentry is a lot more powerful to the point of in another league.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:03 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Hasn't Lex fought Superman straight-up with his battle-suit? This makes no sense. Superman ain't no Sentry. Also, let me know where in the OP, Doom is fending off Wonderman, Ares, Wasp, Spiderwoman, etc. and is distracted. Because the first time Sentry bumrushed Doom, Doom messed Sentry up with his magic and was asked to relent by Stark. I don't think Superman is going to fare any better with that spell or have Tony Stark around to stop him. Lex has no chance against Superman in his suit? That sounds dumb.

why did you use my name on someone else's post?

the last time that i can recall they went up against each other was at the end of Public Enemies, and Superman won.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:16 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

^ Typo.

Didn't they also fight in the JLA storyline, Unlimited or was it Salvation Run?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:27 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

^ Typo.

Didn't they also fight in the JLA storyline, Unlimited or was it Salvation Run?

They were going to fight during Unlimited until Hal and John showed up and took away Lex's kryptonite gauntlets. Superman stomped him shortly after.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 05:31 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Hasn't Lex fought Superman straight-up with his battle-suit? This makes no sense. Superman ain't no Sentry. Also, let me know where in the OP, Doom is fending off Wonderman, Ares, Wasp, Spiderwoman, etc. and is distracted. Because the first time Sentry bumrushed Doom, Doom messed Sentry up with his magic and was asked to relent by Stark. I don't think Superman is going to fare any better with that spell or have Tony Stark around to stop him. Lex has no chance against Superman in his suit? That sounds dumb.

Doom did bfr-self from the battlefield to summon the Mindless ones and was in his castle surrounded by all his tech, he can't do this in this battle.

Given how fast and hard Doom has been put down by herald level fighters, I don't think Doom's magic will be that much of an advantage compared with Superman's speed and strength. Superman is not weak to magic per se, just not strong against it, so if Namor can break the Crimson Bands of Cyttorrak, Kal certainly will too.

Lex might beat Superman -or be instrumental in his defeat- depending on how CISy the battle is.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 10:53 AM
Warlord
Yes, I am...

duo wins unless supes speedblitzes Doom from the get go which is unlikely

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 11:04 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

Doom did bfr-self from the battlefield to summon the Mindless ones and was in his castle surrounded by all his tech, he can't do this in this battle.
He self-BFR'ed to be tutored by Morgan le Fay to do that. Now he knows how to do it. Why would he BFR himself again to learn it again?
Given how fast and hard Doom has been put down by herald level fighters, I don't think Doom's magic will be that much of an advantage compared with Superman's speed and strength. Superman is not weak to magic per se, just not strong against it, so if Namor can break the Crimson Bands of Cyttorrak, Kal certainly will too.
Given how stalwart his shields and armor has held up against Herald-level characters and beyond, I don't think your conclusion makes much sense. Superman gets waylaid by magic in ways other characters do not. That's a weakness. Let's not pretend otherwise. And there were circumstances behind Namor breaking the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak. Kal ain't breaking them.
Lex might beat Superman -or be instrumental in his defeat- depending on how CISy the battle is.
Lex has no chance against Superman in his suit? That sounds dumb.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 02:39 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Lex doesn't regularly beats Superman, he regularly hangs with Superman, and it's a heck of a feat.

Superman overcomes magic quite often, do you have any example of Kal being handled by a mid-level magician?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 04:04 PM
ODG

Lex doesn't regularly beats Superman, he regularly hangs with Superman, and it's a heck of a feat.
This is my point. Lex hangs with Superman. And he's got the tools to put him down. Now he has a formidable ally.
Superman overcomes magic quite often, do you have any example of Kal being handled by a mid-level magician?
Deflection. Superman gets waylaid by magic or is hindered by magic far more often than not. Faustus has put him down twice through simple teleportation spells. He's been hypnotized by vampires. There is no established, arbitrary level of magic required to hinder, hurt and overcome Superman. And I'm not going to entertain your attempt to corral this conversation into such a pointless endeavor.

It's a game changer against Superman. And it's in the hands of a duo that makes advantage of three of Superman's weaknesses, red sunlight, (various forms of) kryptonite and magic.

Last edited by ODG on Oct 22nd, 2010 at 04:54 PM

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 04:50 PM
Mindset

Doom is a mid-level magician?

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 06:34 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

This is my point. Lex hangs with Superman. And he's got the tools to put him down. Now he has a formidable ally. Deflection. Superman gets waylaid by magic or is hindered by magic far more often than not. Faustus has put him down twice through simple teleportation spells. He's been hypnotized by vampires. There is no established, arbitrary level of magic required to hinder, hurt and overcome Superman. And I'm not going to entertain your attempt to corral this conversation into such a pointless endeavor.

It's a game changer against Superman. And it's in the hands of a duo that makes advantage of three of Superman's weaknesses, red sunlight, (various forms of) kryptonite and magic.

Yeah, "magic doesn't autowin against Supes" is a pointless endevour in this fight

Superman hits harder, flies faster and has enough tools to work around both. Thankfully for team Kal holds back a lot. With enough CIS team gets some hard earned wins.

Nor Lex nor Doom casually work around people on Kal's level.

Originally posted by Mindset
Doom is a mid-level magician?

Well, I'm a generous guy.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2010 07:47 PM