KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Battle of Leaders

Battle of Leaders
Started by: Blair Wind

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Battle of Leaders

Cyclops (X-men Leader) and Nightwing (Titans Leader)

vs

Captain America (Avengers Leader) and Black Canary (JLA Leader)

Two Scenarios:

Fight 1: A Battle Royal between themselves
Fight 2: Both teams are given identical teams to lead in battle against eachother - however, the leaders themselves are not allowed to fight. This is a battle of strategy/tactics. They get a day to look over powersets and train, but they are all familiar with at least one person in the lineup. The team they both get to lead are:

Storm (X-men)
Wonder Woman (JLA)
Ironman (Avengers)
Beast Boy (Titans)

This team must fight an identical team based off the leadership skills of their respective captains. Who are the better leaders?

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jan 19th, 2011 at 12:34 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 12:23 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

I say team 2 mostly because of Cap. I would think Scott and Dick would quarrel over who is in complete control of the team.

Plus in h2h team to is better. Caps shield can block Scotts blast but team 1 has nothing against Dinahs scream

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:24 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Cyclops is the closest thing in comics (imo) to Captain America. You could even argue that he's superior. He wouldn't squabble with Dick at all i think.

Cap can't block a wide blast, unless he just squats behind his shield the entire match.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:27 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

In leadership. IMO, it goes

Cap
Cyclops/Nightwing
Black Canary

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:29 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Scenario 1: team 2. Canary solos.

Scenario 2: team 1. cyclops has actual experience leading Storm as does Nightwing with Beast boy

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:38 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

quote: (post)
Originally posted by marwash22

Scenario 2: team 1. cyclops has actual experience leading Storm as does Nightwing with Beast boy

Great point

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 01:40 AM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Canary's been Diana's fight partner in an underground fighting circuit and knows her pretty well.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:16 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Wonder Woman is a melee bruiser, it's not being familiar with her powers makes any difference because all the leaders are going to say "Wonder Woman... take out Wonder Woman!"

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:28 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

Sure, but actually giving Wondy direction on a tactical level? Canary would be more of a hinderance to Wondy than anything... she may as well just tell Wondy to "go punch people".

Now that i think about it, scenario 2 doesn't really work 'cause in the end, you'd just have two Wondy's fighting each other.

EDIT: Srank beat me to the punch. laughing out loud

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:28 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

I'd pay to see that.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:29 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Sure, but actually giving Wondy direction on a tactical level? Canary would be more of a hinderance to Wondy than anything... she may as well just tell Wondy to "go punch people".

Now that i think about it, scenario 2 doesn't really work 'cause in the end, you'd just have two Wondy's fighting each other.

EDIT: Srank beat me to the punch. laughing out loud

You raise solid points smile

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 02:49 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by -Pr-
Cyclops is the closest thing in comics (imo) to Captain America. You could even argue that he's superior. He wouldn't squabble with Dick at all i think.

thumb up thumb up thumb up

I agree completely.

Originally posted by -Pr-
Cap can't block a wide blast, unless he just squats behind his shield the entire match.

Also what I was thinking.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 06:40 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

... Wonder woman would tell cap her powers an he'd be like... Ohahoy are like ms marvel or Valkyrie l.. So here's what I need from you... And go...

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Jan 19th, 2011 09:26 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote