KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wraith Vs Captain Comet

Wraith Vs Captain Comet
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Wraith Vs Captain Comet

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 10:31 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Does Wraith still have the Supreme Intelligence?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:02 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

I don't think he ever HAD the Supreme Intelligence. stick out tongue When was this?

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:05 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I don't think he ever HAD the Supreme Intelligence. stick out tongue When was this?

Wraith's mini during Annihilation: Conquest.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:09 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Originally posted by -K-M-
Wraith's mini during Annihilation: Conquest.

I read that. He never really perma-joined with the Supreme Intelligence that time. From what I read, they just "joined" to make a single attack (backed by the Phallanx carrier signal) to disable the Phallanx "final solution" and strike a blow against them.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:13 PM
D_Dude1210 is currently offline Click here to Send D_Dude1210 a Private Message Find more posts by D_Dude1210 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by D_Dude1210
I read that. He never really perma-joined with the Supreme Intelligence that time. From what I read, they just "joined" to make a single attack (backed by the Phallanx carrier signal) to disable the Phallanx "final solution" and strike a blow against them.

Nope his soul is in Wraith I just read it again.

The Exolon absorbed his soul into him, and as Wraith's dad indicated, "you will carry within you a brave new future for these people" and later Wraith said "...nor that the being they worshipped as a god summoned me across the stars to take his soul into my own. I can live with that. What I carry within me will be the source of hope in our darkest hour..."

Last edited by -K-M- on Feb 20th, 2011 at 04:45 PM

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:38 PM
D_Dude1210
Doink!

I think the portion that states:

"The weapon fires. The Supremor's soul is unleashed..."

Etc., etc.

Shows that he used up the Supremor's lifeforce in order to blast the Phallanx into a comatose state.

It makes sense as he's had 0 showings after that where he manifested any new abilities from carrying the Supreme Intelligence's soul.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:53 PM
-K-M-

Yet at the end of the issue Wraith comments he still has the soul inside him. He is permabonded to it.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 04:56 PM
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Lol. I guess the part that stated:

"What I carry within me will be a source of hope in our darkest hour"

Was talking more about the exolon he carried (w/c he really did use at the final portions of the story to end the Phallanx threat) rather than him carrying the soul of the Supremor. I guess the minute I read "soul was unleashed", I automatically assumed the soul was gone from that point onward.

Damn cognitive biases, eh? stick out tongue

But I guess your version makes a lot of sense given the cohesion/flow of the narratives.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 05:01 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

what all did Wraith do because I don't remember much

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 08:25 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
what all did Wraith do because I don't remember much

Defeated a Phalanx controlled Ronan fairly easily.

Old Post Feb 20th, 2011 08:42 PM
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Defeated a Phalanx controlled Ronan fairly easily.

To be fair, Ronan wasn't wielding the Universal Weapon at that time. stick out tongue

He broke it in Annihilation and it didn't seem to have gotten replaced in Annihilation: Conquest just yet.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 04:15 AM
dmills
Centurion Prime

I didn't like Ronan in Conquest. He seemed...whiny. But in any case I do remember that Wraith pummelled him bare handed.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 04:43 AM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
D_Dude1210
Doink!

Originally posted by dmills
I didn't like Ronan in Conquest. He seemed...whiny. But in any case I do remember that Wraith pummelled him bare handed.

Like I said, Ronan w/o his Universal Weapon is kinda meh, tho.

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 04:45 AM
Senor Cage

Does Wraith still have the Supreme Intelligence?

Who wins?

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 11:57 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Based on showings.... Comet, as even with the SI Wraith hasn't done much

Old Post Feb 21st, 2011 04:24 PM