KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Monarchy Vs Sinestro Corps

The Monarchy Vs Sinestro Corps
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

The Monarchy Vs Sinestro Corps

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 11:02 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Biggest Monarchy threats are Jackson and Prof. Q. I'd have to reread it, as I am kinda hazy on what Jackson's power towards the end; right now, I'm leaning towards the Sinestro Corps.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2011 11:31 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Nah, Jackson was mucking with reality. They have a bunch of members that were pretty powerful, including Union, who is GL lite.

Don't forget their tech is crazy powerful.

Old Post Mar 17th, 2011 10:11 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

No, Jackson was standard Jackson until....he died. He came back and was hinted to be absurdly powerful yet still got nearly knocked unconscious by an alternate Midnighter.

You forget that this is Union after Jackson revives him. He wasn't very powerful at all. Monarchy Union wasn't even Songbird level, much less Green Lantern.

Most of the members were practically street levelers. Here is the break down of what will happen to each member in this fight.

Vox: Killed by a stray blast.
Caleb: Killed by a stray blast.
Metropolitan: Killed by a stray blast.
Christine: Killed by a stray blast.
Union: Killed by two stray blasts.
Malcom: Was active for basically one issue and did nothing.

This leaves Jon, Professor Q, and Jackson as the only people worth mentioning. If we give Jon the benefit of the doubt, he can take on one person from the opposition. Professor Q hurts the team as much as she helps; Henshaw can hijack her tech. Jackson might put up a fight but goes down.

It's hard to use The Monarchy in forum matches. It lasted 12 issues and most of those issues were spent constructing the team. If it hadn't been cancelled, maybe there'd be more to work with. Jackson might have solo'd if he had more feats after his rebirth.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 18th, 2011 at 07:23 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 07:17 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

He was powerful, but didn't have much of a durability. Jackson can wipe out most of the cannon fodder in the SC. BTW, everyone is in their prime.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 08:52 PM
StyleTime

Jackson became a being of pure imagination later on, whatever that means. "Prime" versions of most of these guys are theoretical ,but I will say this:

If Jackson(Imagination form) and Malcom(with the Dream Engine) are truly as powerful as they are supposed to be, either one of them might solo.

Last edited by StyleTime on Mar 18th, 2011 at 09:09 PM

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 09:06 PM
Senor Cage

Yeah, it was pretty vague, but Jackson had some nice feats, even in the beginning.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 09:08 PM
StyleTime

I edited slightly, although it is saying mostly the same thing.

For the record, I think Jackson King is pretty cool. That series may have turned into something more interesting under a different writer.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2011 09:21 PM
Senor Cage

even if jackson wasnt in his prime, i think he could mind rape sinestro. i cant think of any example of sinestro resisting a tp attack.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2011 12:22 AM