KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hal Jordan & Sinestro vs. Adam Warlock & Magus

Hal Jordan & Sinestro vs. Adam Warlock & Magus
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Hal Jordan & Sinestro vs. Adam Warlock & Magus

Who wins?

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 05:52 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

T! the current versions of Team 2 is weaksauce compared to their classic versions.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 05:59 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Depending on how they are all powered I give team 1 the win.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 06:53 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

If it's current versions I give the win to team 2. Magus is too much here.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:10 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
If it's current versions I give the win to team 2. Magus is too much here.

Depending on his use of faith engines I agree.

Edit: Scratch that, Magus never faced anyone this powerful.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:11 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

Originally posted by Lord Feron
T! the current versions of Team 2 is weaksauce compared to their classic versions.

I think the current versions might even be stronger... except for lacking the soul gems, obviously.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:11 PM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Bentley
Depending on his use of faith engines I agree.

Edit: Scratch that, Magus never faced anyone this powerful.
He doesn't need the faith engines here.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:12 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

He doesn't need the faith engines here.

He didn't do anything without the engines except losing against Vulcan.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:13 PM
quanchi112
Disney

He didn't do anything without the engines except losing against Vulcan.
Magus didn't have the engines against the gotg.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:50 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Magus didn't have the engines against the gotg.

None of the Guardians is capable of hanging with Sinestro. Also, the Engines were there and Magus was using them, that's how he could compete with a cosmic cube.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:55 PM
quanchi112
Disney

None of the Guardians is capable of hanging with Sinestro. Also, the Engines were there and Magus was using them, that's how he could compete with a cosmic cube.
They used the death forged blade of Oblivion so yes with that they would be. Magus even while weakened easily was whooping them. Sinestro was getting his a-- d by just Mongul.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 07:56 PM
Stoic
Avenger

I'm thinking that Hal would be taking on Magus in this case, because Warlocks hue would most likely give him fits. If this is the case, I give a slight edge to team 2.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 08:05 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

They used the death forged blade of Oblivion so yes with that they would be. Magus even while weakened easily was whooping them. Sinestro was getting his a-- d by just Mongul.

I find it lame that you try to pass Sinistro's fight with Mongul as if it was a low showing, that version of Mongul did more than unamped Magus during all his run, and didn't actually beat Sinistro. In the other hand, the Yellow Lantern trashed the Weaponer who stomped several lanterns without a problem.

Also, lol at the sword argument, that blade didn't do anything worth of notice, Hal is head and shoulders above the GotG in a battle that Magus may have been amped. Bottomline, you cannot prove he can handle with GLs.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 08:40 PM
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Does current Hal even have a ring?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 08:43 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by Parmaniac
Does current Hal even have a ring?

Who cares, Sinestro solos evil face

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 08:44 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I find it lame that you try to pass Sinistro's fight with Mongul as if it was a low showing, that version of Mongul did more than unamped Magus during all his run, and didn't actually beat Sinistro. In the other hand, the Yellow Lantern trashed the Weaponer who stomped several lanterns without a problem.

Also, lol at the sword argument, that blade didn't do anything worth of notice, Hal is head and shoulders above the GotG in a battle that Magus may have been amped. Bottomline, you cannot prove he can handle with GLs.
No way could Mongul beat Magus. Magus was too sly and too smart he even fooled a cc user while weakened. The guy was just too much and too crafty with his magic to be directly killed by any gl ring user.

Magus was weakened after he sealed the fault it was stated in the comic. Mongul crushing Sinestro doesn't help your case and Hal is definitely beatable.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 08:45 PM
Bentley
Seitei

No way could Mongul beat Magus. Magus was too sly and too smart he even fooled a cc user while weakened. The guy was just too much and too crafty with his magic to be directly killed by any gl ring user.

Magus was weakened after he sealed the fault it was stated in the comic. Mongul crushing Sinestro doesn't help your case and Hal is definitely beatable.

Sinestro actually beat Mongul, Mongul went against several lanterns and Ion, he's no pushover, you're trying to make him sound weak but he's stronger than [¡]anyone Magus ever fought[/i], which is everything that matters here. Sinestro has beat better than Magus, that's a fact.

Also, Steve Rogers has fought CCusers with better cubes and more experience than Starlord. Try to push Magus's feats all you want, hiding won't make him win here -and there won't be Faith Engines for back up either-.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 08:49 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Sinestro actually beat Mongul, Mongul went against several lanterns and Ion, he's no pushover, you're trying to make him sound weak but he's stronger than [¡]anyone Magus ever fought[/i], which is everything that matters here. Sinestro has beat better than Magus, that's a fact.

Also, Steve Rogers has fought CCusers with better cubes and more experience than Starlord. Try to push Magus's feats all you want, hiding won't make him win here -and there won't be Faith Engines for back up either-.
Sinestro only beat him because he had complete control over his rings which is only exclusive to that situation. Who has Sinestro beaten superior to Magus ?

Steve Rogers can't resist the cc powers or fake his own death. So wrong once again, bucko. Context.

Old Post Jul 28th, 2011 10:00 PM
iceman24567

Team one for the majority

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 12:02 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Sinestro only beat him because he had complete control over his rings which is only exclusive to that situation. Who has Sinestro beaten superior to Magus ?

Steve Rogers can't resist the cc powers or fake his own death. So wrong once again, bucko. Context.

So Sinestro never lost against Mongul? Good.

I'm simply pointing out that tricking a CC user is not much of a big deal as you try to put it, you're trying to make Magus sound more impressive than he was.

Sinestro beat the Weaponer and Kyle, that's more than Magus ever did.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2011 05:43 AM