KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DP Tyrant vs Surtur...

Who proves to be stronger?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Surtur... 8 72.73%
DP Tyrant... 3 27.27%
Stalemate... 0 0%
Total: 11 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

DP Tyrant vs Surtur...
Started by: TheLordofMurder

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheLordofMurder

DP Tyrant vs Surtur...

Surtur is equipped with Twilight amped with the Casket of Ancient Winters...

Battle takes place in a vacant Asgard in proximity to the Eternal Flame...

Fight to the Death or KO; No BFR...who wins?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:18 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Tyrant, I'd even say stomp but I don't know how the casket will affect him.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:27 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by zopzop
Tyrant, I'd even say stomp but I don't know how the casket will affect him.

Really!?

I dont think it would be a stomp either way...

Tyrant is really powerful, but Surturs strength will be constantly replenished by the Flame...

Furthermore, the closer to the Eternal Flame Surtur gets, the stronger he becomes...

In addition, the Casket proved capable of holding Odin; its not out of the question that the Casket could hold Tyrant as well...although I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt prove capable of holding him.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:31 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wodenson

Are you kidding? Surtur dominates Tyrant, without the Casket.

Tyrant only approached Galactus level by drawing upon all his energy resources, and the OP is not giving him that advantage.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:31 PM
Wodenson is currently offline Click here to Send Wodenson a Private Message Find more posts by Wodenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

With the Sword and Casket, Surtur wins this hands down.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:32 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Dont forget to vote! smile

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:34 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
Really!?

I dont think it would be a stomp either way...

Tyrant is really powerful, but Surturs strength will be constantly replenished by the Flame...

Furthermore, the closer to the Eternal Flame Surtur gets, the stronger he becomes...

In addition, the Casket proved capable of holding Odin; its not out of the question that the Casket could hold Tyrant as well...although I wouldnt be surprised if it didnt prove capable of holding him.

Odin and Tyrant are two wholly different beings though.

Tyrant, even "DP" Tyrant, operates on a universal scale. He's the closest thing you can get to being an abstract without actually being one. Somehow, when Galactus created him, he linked him to the biosphere of every planet in the universe. That's what he draws his power from. His connection is so absolute that he's aware when a planet is destroyed and it pains him.

His control over biospheric energy is so complete, he can even absorb it after it's been synthezied into other forms of energy like the Power Cosmic.

This isn't my opinion or speculation, it's all happened on panel.

My OPINION is that I think he would destroy Surtur with or without Twilight no matter how close he is to the Eternal Flame. The Casket is the big quesion mark because I don't know how Tyrant would react to it. IMHO, he could escape it or it would fail to trap him.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:37 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Surtur wins, hard.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:38 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wodenson

The issues stating that Tyrant is linked to biospheric energy, which I think you are grossly overplaying, were so horribly written that no writer has been able to pull Tyrant from that mess and make him a workable character. Tyrant is a complete write-off as a character.

And Surtur still stomps him.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:44 PM
Wodenson is currently offline Click here to Send Wodenson a Private Message Find more posts by Wodenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
the Darkone

Surtur wins,having twilight and casket of winters it's a slaughter. DP tyrant is powered by bio energy of planets he is not universal, that's over playing him. DP is couple notches above Thanos, I put DP Tyrant right below Odin if that, but still tyrant is not going to beat this version Surtur.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:50 PM
the Darkone is currently offline Click here to Send the Darkone a Private Message Find more posts by the Darkone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by Wodenson
The issues stating that Tyrant is linked to biospheric energy, which I think you are grossly overplaying, were so horribly written that no writer has been able to pull Tyrant from that mess and make him a workable character. Tyrant is a complete write-off as a character.

What's so horrible about that writing? He's a creation of Galactus and utilizes the same properties. He can be a workable character just like anybody else who has died in comics and made a return.

Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Wodenson

The fact is that it was mentioned multiple time by both Galactus and Tyrant. Galactus was in fear of his life and the Surfer through a rapport they shared mentioned it.

Galactus fed on a planet that he said made him feel more powerful than he had in ages AND fought Tyrant on Galactus' home turf. And he still lost.

zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by the Darkone
Surtur wins,having twilight and casket of winters it's a slaughter. DP tyrant is powered by bio energy of planets he is not universal, that's over playing him. DP is couple notches above Thanos, I put DP Tyrant right below Odin if that, but still tyrant is not going to beat this version Surtur.

How is he not universal if he draws power from the biosphere of every planet IN THE UNIVERSE? It's not like I'm making this up. It's right there on panel.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:52 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

I believe Tyrant can pull this off.
Can someone inform me on the powers of the Casket?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:52 PM
Sundipped is currently offline Click here to Send Sundipped a Private Message Find more posts by Sundipped Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Sundipped
I believe Tyrant can pull this off.
Can someone inform me on the powers of the Casket?

It's best showing was BFRing Odin and holding him.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 09:55 PM
Sundipped
MURDERER

Originally posted by zopzop
It's best showing was BFRing Odin and holding him.

Ok. Thread states no BFR so what's the next best showing?

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 10:00 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Ok. Thread states no BFR so what's the next best showing?

That's about it. It creates blizzards on Earth too I think.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 10:03 PM
Stoic
Avenger

This scenario plays heavily in Surtur's favor, and he would probably win. In neutral space though, Tyrant takes this all day.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 10:07 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Dp Tyrant still

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 10:13 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wodenson

What's so horrible about that writing? He's a creation of Galactus and utilizes the same properties. He can be a workable character just like anybody else who has died in comics and made a return.

Are you kidding me? The fact that Morg regressed to being a ghetto thug with clever lines like, "Think again, butt-face" and calling Air-Walker a "nerd" should be sufficient.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2011 10:18 PM