KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Classic thor vs Lobo

Classic thor vs Lobo
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

Classic thor vs Lobo

Can classic thor at his best take down lobo at full power/ at his best ? Thor uses his hammer and other powers but cant use the God blast.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 01:47 AM
ozz81 is online now! Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yes, thor can beat him.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 01:51 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Sans BFR, Lobo stomps imo.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:15 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Thor can definitely win.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Sans BFR, Lobo stomps imo.

erm

Are you at least assuming he has the ability to make clones from his drops of blood or something?

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:31 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

tor

thank u bz

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:33 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
erm

Are you at least assuming he has the ability to make clones from his drops of blood or something?
Nope. Just using showings like this as a gauge:
Trouncing Fate, Zatanna, Ragman, Sargon, etc. isn't a feat I feel Thor could equal. Personally, I think he'd have his hands full with just Zatanna.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Lobo didn't do anything that Thor can't replicate. It mostly requires the ability to take a magical blast well which Thor definitely has the feats for not to mention Mjolnir's defensive capabilities. Assuming they fight him like they did the Main Man, he could do it. That's classic reverse hand ninja syndrome at work.

Hardly grounds for Thor being stomped.

It's been a while since I read Reign of Hell, what shape were they at that point? And wasn't there more to that fight? IIRC, I remember Zatanna actually attacking Lobo at one point.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 5th, 2011 at 02:53 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:49 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ You honestly think Thor would wreck THAT team of magic users as effortlessly as Lobo did? I couldn't disagree more. Like I said above, Zatanna alone would give him a hell of a fight, imo.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:54 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

^ You honestly think Thor would wreck THAT team of magic users as effortlessly as Lobo did? I couldn't disagree more. Like I said above, Zatanna alone would give him a hell of a fight, imo.

I don't know why you think he accomplished something so beyond Thor. All they have to do is fight like disorganized energy blasters and it wouldn't be too difficult. The Odinson has incredibly energy based durability feats, including mystical based attacks.

Not saying it wasn't impressive, that was some nice damage soak, but it's not grounds for Lobo stomping Thor, common.

Probably. She'd almost certainly do the same to Lobo though if they faced off alone. Just how shit works, you've read enough comics to how it goes. Dropping in and then incapacitating her with a physical wound is something a plethora of characters can do.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 5th, 2011 at 03:02 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 02:58 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ Meh, no sense in arguing things beyond this.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:01 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

......Alright then. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

It's like you read this fight's description and are basing your argument off of that: Lobo stomped Fate, Zatanna, Ragman, Sargon etc.

On paper very impressive, but upon reading the fight, one needs to realize that they were disorganized, got off a handful of energy blasts and were manhandled as they should be by someone of Lobo' strength.

Whatever, agree to disagree. For the record, Thor took on the fourth Celestial Host and even dropped Arishem. I guess he can match Lobo's best.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 5th, 2011 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:05 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Zatanna froze Lobo when she attacked him...

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:08 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Like I said, I remember Zatanna attacking Lobo.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:09 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

For the record Lobo dismembered a Host of Gods in their own Celestial Realm. I'm just saying.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:11 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
......Alright then. I don't think I'm being unreasonable here.

It's like you read this fight's description and are basing your argument off of that: Lobo stomped Fate, Zatanna, Ragman, Sargon etc.

On paper very impressive, but upon reading the fight, one needs to realize that they were disorganized, got off a handful of energy blasts and were manhandled as they should be by someone of Lobo' strength.

Whatever, agree to disagree. For the record, Thor took on the fourth Celestial Host and even dropped Arishem. I guess he can match Lobo's best.
Do you just HAVE to argue for Thor, or what? Like I said: no sense arguing.

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Zatanna froze Lobo when she attacked him...
That happened several issues prior. In their next battle she got raped.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:12 AM
Bluddflagg

Isn't that 2 of the Demons Three that Lobo has chained up in that one scan?

Edit: And Lobo was contained and survived being contained by a column of energy stated to have been fatal to someone of Neron's power.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:13 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

erm

Alright then. If you won't utilize common sense, why should I? Like I said, that was an impressive showing for Lobo, he withstood their energy attacks without missing a beat, but it's not grounds for Lobo stomping Thor. They fought like inexperienced idiots, not master sorcerers. It's not something beyond Thor's ability to replicate, his taken energy blasts from Odin in stride before for example.

She got taken out by a physical attack before she could get off a spell. I guess that's an intelligence showing for Lobo? Isn't much else more than that.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Dec 5th, 2011 at 03:19 AM

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:15 AM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Lobo can fall susceptible to that kind of magic, as he can fall pray matter manipulation.

But in terms of damage soak, he is sponge of the first class, capable of shrugging it all of let it cosmic, atomic, magical, or psionic base.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:15 AM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Since I don't care enough to go DL the comic, Zatanna beat Lobo in really one shot when she attacked him.
Which doesn't make Lobo above her just because he can beat her when she's being a woman.

Is all I'm saying.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:18 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Originally posted by "Id"
Lobo can fall susceptible to that kind of magic, as he can fall pray matter manipulation.

Well, since we do have Marvel in the mix, matter manip can be fought or reversed with a Healing Factor (Hulk and Daken have done as much).

Just saying in that regard.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 03:25 AM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote