KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Sentry vs Superman

The Sentry vs Superman
Started by: ozz81

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ozz81

The Sentry vs Superman

1.Sentry vs Regular or Classic Superman

2.Sentry vs Superman 1 Million

3.Sentry vs Superman Prime

Who wins in the above both at their best on separate battles, with regards to speed, powers,strength, durabilty , damage soak etc..

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 10:34 PM
ozz81 is currently offline Click here to Send ozz81 a Private Message Find more posts by ozz81 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Superman has better strenght, speed, durability and probably also damage soak feats.

If you judge it by the overall feats in comics then Superman stomps without having any real problems. If you let him fight against a stable Sentry, who would be in the full control over his powers, then it would be a different story, since he has the far superior powerset.

If you're not that narrow-minded (sorry about that one), then Sentry has the edge in strenght and speed, if he is really at his best.

Sentry VS Regular Superman

Sentry would simply be too much for Superman, since he has the needed power set to bring him down. That includes super strenght, super speed and durability, aswell other specials like teleportation, telepathy, matter manipulation, regeneration, immortality and so on, and so on.

Sentry VS Classic Superman

Classic Superman would basically be Silver Age Superman, since I don't think you included DCnU Superman into this battle.
I remember a quote to this one:

Odin Force Thor: "HAVE A GODBLAST AT THEE, CAPED ONE!"
Silver Age Superman: "That was a powerful attack, friend, although I've developed Anti-Godblast-beams."
Odin Force Thor: "By Odin!"

Sentry VS Superman 1 Million

If this is Superman-Prime One Million then Sentry would clearly lose, since that guy was basically up there in the league of actual comic book gods and so on.

If it's Kal Kent, then uhm ... I think Sentry would still lose, but he would have a fighting chance if he would mainly concentrate on matter manipulation, but that's probably just the fanboy speaking out of me now, since Kal Kent is one of the uber-powerful DC characters.

Sentry VS Superman-Prime

I would actually give this one to the Sentry. Prime always had a weird mind, so maybe exploiting it via empathy and overloading Prime with all the horrors he had to deal with, could turn him into a catatonic state, or simply let him go on a rampage and destroy even more.

Besides that Sentry could try to drain him and in the process Sentry would become stronger, because of the photokinesis in his body.
I feel that matter manipulation would be the way to go in this fight aswell.

And now I expect Rajesh to troll me somehow.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 11:00 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Sentry doesnt win 1 fight.

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 11:08 PM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bbrem123

sentry alone no void at all would beat regular supes thats it...this is not counting siege because sentry seemed to have MM at that point.

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 11:41 PM
bbrem123 is currently offline Click here to Send bbrem123 a Private Message Find more posts by bbrem123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Sentry vs normal Supes...Sentry wins. The rest of the battles, Sentry doesnt do so well.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 5th, 2011 11:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zeel

sentry stands a chance against supes but it dosent mean he will win.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 12:48 AM
zeel is currently offline Click here to Send zeel a Private Message Find more posts by zeel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

lol at sentry winning any fight here

clark stomps

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 12:49 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

1.) Superman
2.) Superman 1 Million
3.) Superman Prime

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 02:03 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Sentry wins only the first fight... sad

BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF A MILLION EXPLODING SUNS mad

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 09:52 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheHulk
Sentry wins only the first fight... sad

BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF A MILLION EXPLODING SUNS mad

Doesn't the Sun power Superman stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 10:10 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

Re: The Sentry vs Superman

Originally posted by ozz81
1.Sentry vs Regular or Classic Superman

2.Sentry vs Superman 1 Million

3.Sentry vs Superman Prime

Who wins in the above both at their best on separate battles, with regards to speed, powers,strength, durabilty , damage soak etc..

1. Sentry
2. Superman
3. Superman

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 10:12 AM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Doesn't the Sun power Superman stick out tongue
i don't this counts

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 10:22 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Enzeru
Superman has better strenght, speed, durability and probably also damage soak feats.

If you judge it by the overall feats in comics then Superman stomps without having any real problems. If you let him fight against a stable Sentry, who would be in the full control over his powers, then it would be a different story, since he has the far superior powerset.

If you're not that narrow-minded (sorry about that one), then Sentry has the edge in strenght and speed, if he is really at his best.

Sentry VS Regular Superman

Sentry would simply be too much for Superman, since he has the needed power set to bring him down. That includes super strenght, super speed and durability, aswell other specials like teleportation, telepathy, matter manipulation, regeneration, immortality and so on, and so on.

You basically described this guy
(please log in to view the image)

Guess what, he has far better feats of everything sentry has got and then some more and even then he has lost to superman.

Powersets doesn't mean much, if that's the case then Green lanterns would be unbeatable, any character with open powerset would be unbeatable. You want to tell me that sentry wins, no problem. Show me the feats where sentry defeated any one of big guys using those. Your trumpet of "stable sentry" doesn't mean we would give him the win solely on that. Everyone here has seen what sentry could do but you are screaming at the top of your lungs that only Siege and his mini and whenever he has some good showings count and all his low showings doesn't count because he was "unstable". If you want to go to that route, superman has survived two times sun eaters collapsing on himself, he has survived COIE anti monitor's attacks, he has oneshotted a PC daxamite, has one punched nearly killed lobo, survived getting crushed by a quantum zealot who were throwing planets around, has absorbed a blast capable of destroying half a galaxy, lifted infinite weight twice and I can remove all of his low showings because he was "holding back" and unlike your theory there are actual story arcs on this characteristics of superman. Guess what, superman wipes the floor with sentry's face then.

quote:
Sentry VS Classic Superman

Classic Superman would basically be Silver Age Superman, since I don't think you included DCnU Superman into this battle.
I remember a quote to this one:

Odin Force Thor: "HAVE A GODBLAST AT THEE, CAPED ONE!"
Silver Age Superman: "That was a powerful attack, friend, although I've developed Anti-Godblast-beams."
Odin Force Thor: "By Odin!"

Sentry VS Superman 1 Million

If this is Superman-Prime One Million then Sentry would clearly lose, since that guy was basically up there in the league of actual comic book gods and so on.

If it's Kal Kent, then uhm ... I think Sentry would still lose, but he would have a fighting chance if he would mainly concentrate on matter manipulation, but that's probably just the fanboy speaking out of me now, since Kal Kent is one of the uber-powerful DC characters.

Sentry VS Superman-Prime

I would actually give this one to the Sentry. Prime always had a weird mind, so maybe exploiting it via empathy and overloading Prime with all the horrors he had to deal with, could turn him into a catatonic state, or simply let him go on a rampage and destroy even more.

Besides that Sentry could try to drain him and in the process Sentry would become stronger, because of the photokinesis in his body.
I feel that matter manipulation would be the way to go in this fight aswell.

And now I expect Rajesh to troll me somehow.

Prime is a PC kryptonian, he doesn't absorb solar energy. He just awakens his powers in presence of yellow sun. Who's rajesh?

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 03:26 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by abhilegend
Show me the feats where sentry defeated any one of big guys using those. Your trumpet of "stable sentry" doesn't mean we would give him the win solely on that. Everyone here has seen what sentry could do but you are screaming at the top of your lungs that only Siege and his mini and whenever he has some good showings count and all his low showings doesn't count because he was "unstable".

I don't like the way you try to debate. You are boring as hell and you're often ignoring facts.

This is not about which characters has more and better feats, because if we judge by that, then Spider-Man would be stronger and overall more powerful then Venom and Carnage, because he has more feats and even far more important, he has better feats then them, but in the end he is still not more powerful then them, because they overpower him physically and he has to outsmart them.

And the most pesky thing is that you're actually lowballing Sentry in every one of your responses, because of his low showings, which are actually nearly all linkable to his mental issues, since that's the main-idea behind the character. If he struggels, then he is weaker. It's simple as that.
I made the example multiple times and I'm going to make it again: Superman with kryptonite in his body won't be as effective as when he is in his prime. Sentry's mind is his only weakness, and if he has doubts and is in a bad condition, then his powerlevel is low. It's that simple.

But even an unstable Sentry was able to stalemate WW Hulk and have the upper hand in the battle and it was also an unstable Sentry who stalemated the Collective, who casually overpowered Binary, someone with cosmic powers, who is able to destroy a planet by releasing power.
Releasing power is something the Sentry can do and if he is in a better condition, he is too destroying worlds, while holding back.

It may be ABC logic, but it still applies in my opinion -> An unstable Sentry stalemates one of the most powerful versions of the Hulk - the Hulk, who has always been a good match for Thor.
A Sentry in a good condition defeats the Void on a regular basis - the Void, who makes everyone else his puppies.
Such a stable Sentry would destroy Thor, even though Thor has far more and far better feats. If you want to judge the fight by feats, then Sentry will lose in the most conditions, since 5 years of his 10 years of existance, he was treated like a plot-device by the writers.

And there wouldn't even be one single point in bringing the Sentry into a fight against the Godlike heroes on the DC earth, who are bending the laws of physics since 1941 (YES, I LOOK AT YOU FLASH, WITH YOUR SO CALLED "SPEED FORCE"!).
That's not the way Marvel works. If you judge the fights by that, then Superman would also probably defeat Silver Surfer in your opinion, even though Silver Surfer is clearly the more powerful being with a greater dispossal of powers and the same applies for the Sentry, even though he was never allowed to show that amount of power, besides the many instances, where he defeated the Void, who stood above powerhouses.

You can continue downgrading him, because of his low showings and try to put him into the weakling corner, it's totally up to you, but in fights, we use the most current characters at their peak.
And what's the point in using an unstable Sentry, who resurrected his wife by an accident, while a stable Sentry knew exactly what he was capable of and healed when he wanted?
And what would be the point in using the regular Flash, if both of his legs were broken? He would probably lose many of the fights.
Mental illness, which wears Sentry down, a Kryptonite bullet in Superman's body which makes him weaker, or broken legs which slow down the Flash. It's all the same thing.

If you have any problems with that, then just leave it be. It's my way to look at the characters. I don't judge them only by the feats and ignore moments, where they faced each other, since that already states their respective powerlevels, when they're facing each other.
I'm not biased towards Sentry, I would argue for every character the same way, if I really feel that way, while I can't say the exact same thing for you, if I think about the "Sentry VS Annihilators" thread, where you came up with Green Lantern Kyle in your reponse. I didn't even bother to read the Kyle-parts, since I didn't even care at all about DC characters in that thread, since there are huge differences between the Marvel and the DC writing. Marvel is far more realistic and not going over the top 10 times per month.

Last edited by Enzeru on Dec 6th, 2011 at 04:19 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 04:14 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
truthholder
Restricted

Account Restricted

Last edited by Badabing on Dec 6th, 2011 at 06:21 PM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 04:15 PM
truthholder is currently offline Click here to Send truthholder a Private Message Find more posts by truthholder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

This is not about which characters has more and better feats, because if we judge by that, then Spider-Man would be stronger and overall more powerful then Venom and Carnage, because he has more feats and even far more important, he has better feats then them, but in the end he is still not more powerful then them, because they overpower him physically and he has to outsmart them.

For the record....that's actually what 90% of debating anything in this subforum is. Feats are what decide a winner in the end, not Writer intent or publicity claims or handbooks or bios.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 04:16 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Sentry wins...... Nothing

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 04:20 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Mr.Mxyzptlk
For the record....that's actually what 90% of debating anything in this subforum is. Feats are what decide a winner in the end, not Writer intent or publicity claims or handbooks or bios.

Its Feats + How characters do against each other.. Have to use both..

For instance Doomsday doesnt have lifting feats, but we know how powerful he is due to how he compares to Supes when put against him.

Whilst Supes has the feats to know he planetary scale. The all Doomsday needs to do is overpower a non-holding back Supes for us to know he is also Planetary scale.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 04:27 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bluddflagg

Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Its Feats + How characters do against each other.. Have to use both..

For instance Doomsday doesnt have lifting feats, but we know how powerful he is due to how he compares to Supes when put against him.

Whilst Supes has the feats to know he planetary scale. The all Doomsday needs to do is overpower a non-holding back Supes for us to know he is also Planetary scale.

Overpower consistently mind you.

I guess it's more correct to say Feats+How characters measure up to one another+Context and legitimacy of the feats is what is properly used.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 04:31 PM
Bluddflagg is currently offline Click here to Send Bluddflagg a Private Message Find more posts by Bluddflagg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I don't like the way you try to debate. You are boring as hell and you're often ignoring facts.

And the most pesky thing is that you're actually lowballing Sentry in every one of your responses, because of his low showings, which are actually nearly all linkable to his mental issues, since that's the main-idea behind the character. If he struggels, then he is weaker. It's simple as that.
I made the example multiple times and I'm going to make it again: Superman with kryptonite in his body won't be as effective as when he is in his prime. Sentry's mind is his only weakness, and if he has doubts and is in a bad condition, then his powerlevel is low. It's that simple.

But even an unstable Sentry was able to stalemate WW Hulk and have the upper hand in the battle and it was also an unstable Sentry who stalemated the Collective, who casually overpowered Binary, someone with cosmic powers, who is able to destroy a planet by releasing power.
Releasing power is something the Sentry can do and if he is in a better condition, he is too destroying worlds, while holding back.

It may be ABC logic, but it still applies in my opinion -> An unstable Sentry stalemates one of the most powerful versions of the Hulk - the Hulk, who has always been a good match for Thor.
A Sentry in a good condition defeats the Void on a regular basis - the Void, who makes everyone else his puppies.
Such a stable Sentry would destroy Thor, even though Thor has far more and far better feats. If you want to judge the fight by feats, then Sentry will lose in the most conditions, since 5 years of his 10 years of existance, he was treated like a plot-device by the writers.

And there wouldn't even be one single point in bringing the Sentry into a fight against the Godlike heroes on the DC earth, who are bending the laws of physics since 1941 (YES, I LOOK AT YOU FLASH, WITH YOUR SO CALLED "SPEED FORCE"!).
That's not the way Marvel works. If you judge the fights by that, then Superman would also probably defeat Silver Surfer in your opinion, even though Silver Surfer is clearly the more powerful being with a greater dispossal of powers and the same applies for the Sentry, even though he was never allowed to show that amount of power, besides the many instances, where he defeated the Void, who stood above powerhouses.

You can continue downgrading him, because of his low showings and try to put him into the weakling corner, it's totally up to you, but in fights, we use the most current characters at their peak.
And what's the point in using an unstable Sentry, who resurrected his wife by an accident, while a stable Sentry knew exactly what he was capable of and healed when he wanted?
And what would be the point in using the regular Flash, if both of his legs were broken? He would probably lose many of the fights.
Mental illness, which wears Sentry down, a Kryptonite bullet in Superman's body which makes him weaker, or broken legs which slow down the Flash. It's all the same thing.

If you have any problems with that, then just leave it be. It's my way to look at the characters. I don't judge them only by the feats and ignore moments, where they faced each other, since that already states their respective powerlevels, when they're facing each other.
I'm not biased towards Sentry, I would argue for every character the same way, if I really feel that way, while I can't say the exact same thing for you, if I think about the "Sentry VS Annihilators" thread, where you came up with Green Lantern Kyle in your reponse. I didn't even bother to read the Kyle-parts, since I didn't even care at all about DC characters in that thread, since there are huge differences between the Marvel and the DC writing. Marvel is far more realistic and not going over the top 10 times per month.

So you don't read or care about DC characters yet you are arguing against them, figures. Tell me what's realistic about marvel, that a human with an extra gene can create a universe or a normal human being can become a creature of infinite strength by a nuclear bomb or a guy can have power of a million exploding suns by drinking a serum. I already told you the example of kyle/obilivion, surfer has owned hulk in every fight they had even taking his angry punches casually while thor has always got better of surfer while he always struggled with hulk. ABC logic doesn't hold true in most cases. So he doesn't have any feat on superman's level but we give him win, why? He has some energy manipulation so we forget superman's feats in that area and believe that sentry would suck solar energy from him. Same with other things like matter manipulation, super strength etc. So basically if we allow all of sentry's high end feats while discard all of his low end feats and discard superman's high end feats and use only low end feats, that's how we should judge superman or thor or anyone else vs sentry. WOW.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2011 04:54 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote