KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman heat vision

Superman heat vision
Started by: Colossus-Big C

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman heat vision

Superman sits there and concentrates a full powered heat vision at these guys heads for 1 hour. No holding back at all.
What happens

1. Thor
2. Doomsday
3. Black adam
4. Wonder woman
5. Superboy prim
6. Silver surfer
7. Hulk

I have returned

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 05:43 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I hope that list is ordered.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 05:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Its not

I have returned

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 05:55 PM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

In myyyyyyyyy opinion ...

The following characters would be harmed, but could ignore it:
Doomsday
Superboy-Prime (Pre Teen Titans BS)

The following characters would scream in agony, but could handle it:
Thor
Wonder Woman

The following characters wouldn't be able to handle the damage and go down after a whole while:
Black Adam (besides WW3 not very impressive)
Silver Surfer (great durability, but it's not really his main defense, since he has other abilities to recover from damage)

The following character would go down very quickly:
Hulk since he does not have any invulnerability and the Heat Vision would instantly start harming him and probably burn away his face and probably knock him out, before he would reach the needed level to start healing against the damage ... basically similar to his confrontation with Gladiator, but in this case even with far more damage)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:18 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smurph
------

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Enzeru

The following characters would be harmed, but could ignore it:
Doomsday
Superboy-Prime (Pre Teen Titans BS)

The following characters would scream in agony, but could handle it:
Thor
Wonder Woman

The following characters wouldn't be able to handle the damage and go down after a whole while:
Black Adam (besides WW3 not very impressive)
Silver Surfer (great durability, but it's not really his main defense, since he has other abilities to recover from damage)

The following character would go down very quickly:
Hulk since he does not have any invulnerability and the Heat Vision would instantly start harming him and probably burn away his face and probably knock him out, before he would reach the needed level to start healing against the damage ... basically similar to his confrontation with Gladiator, but in this case even with far more damage)
There's a number of things that leap out here as being 'lolwut', but the biggest by far is ranking Surfer's energy durability as being below Thor, Diana's or (depending on the incarnation) Doomsday.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:24 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was assuming everyone would be dead

I have returned

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:26 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

I've never seen Surfer harmed by any degree of heat. If anything, extremes of temperature are exactly the type of thing his galactic glaze is supposed to protect him against.

If Superman really wants to hurt Surfer, punching him is his best option.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:27 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by Existere
There's a number of things that leap out here as being 'lolwut', but the biggest by far is ranking Surfer's energy durability as being below Thor, Diana's or (depending on the incarnation) Doomsday.

I actually saw it more as a complete durability test and ignored Silver Surfer's ability to deal with energy.
Besides that, I see Thor being more durable then the Silver Surfer and that's why I placed him above Silver Surfer.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:30 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SuperiorTech

[b]The following character would go down very quickly:

Not the best example to use from what I can remember That's from the post-Onslaught period when Hulk was separated from Bruce he was getting progressively weaker to the point where Dead-pool pierced him with a signpost.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:33 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Not the best example to use from what I can remember That's from the post-Onslaught period when Hulk was separated from Bruce he was getting progressively weaker to the point where Dead-pool pierced him with a signpost.

It still applies that Hulk does not have invulnerability, but just a damn good healing factor which makes it look like he has invulnerability.

Do you personally think that the Hulk can take Superman's FULL heat vision to the face, if Superman is not holding back?

I don't.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:36 PM
Smurph
------

I actually saw it more as a complete durability test and ignored Silver Surfer's ability to deal with energy.
Besides that, I see Thor being more durable then the Silver Surfer and that's why I placed him above Silver Surfer.
OP is pretty specific about the trial the characters are undergoing: they get blasted for an hour with heat vision. Surfer is arguably the most well-equipped character on this list (sans possibly Prime, your mileage may vary) to deal with that.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:39 PM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Surfer is arguably the most well-equipped character on this list

No doubt in that one.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:42 PM
SuperiorTech

It still applies that Hulk does not have invulnerability, but just a damn good healing factor which makes it look like he has invulnerability.

Do you personally think that the Hulk can take Superman's FULL heat vision to the face, if Superman is not holding back?

I don't.

Hulk has a very high resistance to Heat most recent example would be him withstanding Apollo while going up Mount Olympus to face Zeus or being completely unharmed from point blank Nova blast from Human Torch.Hulk's natural durability plus ridiculous healing factor combine to place him higher on the list than you have him.

Last edited by SuperiorTech on Dec 8th, 2011 at 06:57 PM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 06:55 PM
SuperiorTech is currently offline Click here to Send SuperiorTech a Private Message Find more posts by SuperiorTech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

I don't.

Hulk is completely immune to heat.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 07:42 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Parmaniac
Evincar of KMC

Originally posted by carver9
Hulk is completely immune to heat.
And you base this on?

“I once had an entire race killed just to listen to the rattling of their dried bones as I waded through them.” —Volrath

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 08:35 PM
Parmaniac is currently offline Click here to Send Parmaniac a Private Message Find more posts by Parmaniac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Full powered non holding back heat vision for an hour directed at their heads?

He likely kills everyone on that list.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 08:43 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ODG

OP is pretty specific about the trial the characters are undergoing: they get blasted for an hour with heat vision. Surfer is arguably the most well-equipped character on this list (sans possibly Prime, your mileage may vary) to deal with that.
thumb up
Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Full powered non holding back heat vision for an hour directed at their heads?

He likely kills everyone on that list.
thumb up

Revamped Thor Respect Thread Revamped Loki Respect Thread
Revamped Hulk Respect Thread Revamped Iron Man Respect Thread

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 08:55 PM
ODG is currently offline Click here to Send ODG a Private Message Find more posts by ODG Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 09:08 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Originally posted by carver9
Withdranding a warp core bomb point blank in the face. Withstanding Ghost Riders hellfire along with human torch going nova. Smiling during entering reentry. The list goes on. WWH was never impacted by heat.

resist GR's powerful hellfire explosion

http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=14tb3.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=15pq0.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=16uh0.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=17jo7.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=18se9.jpg
http://img209.imageshack.us/my.php?image=19ho7.jpg
http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=20ej0.jpg
http://img62.imageshack.us/my.php?image=21wk9.jpg

Vs Human torch nova

http://img176.imagevenue.com/img.ph...9_122_115lo.jpg
http://img125.imagevenue.com/view.p...1_122_619lo.jpg
http://img45.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_122_800lo.jpg
http://img148.imagevenue.com/view.p..._122_1084lo.jpg

None of what you posted is equal to Superman's heat vision at maximum power, let alone directed at Hulk's head for an hour.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 09:10 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Carver is wrong anyway:

(please log in to view the image)

Superman would burn more then just Hulk's skin and hair.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2011 09:14 PM