KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Sphinx vs WBH h2h

The Sphinx vs WBH h2h
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

The Sphinx vs WBH h2h

Who would win between the two? Let's not determine this off of title, let's use fts.

This is a h2h match.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 06:30 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Sphinx

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 07:29 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Hulk

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 08:15 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Hulk

How on Earth does he beat someone who's upper levels of strength are near galactus levels?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:03 PM
dmills is currently offline Click here to Send dmills a Private Message Find more posts by dmills Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

Any who, Carver said feats so...

Let's start with classic Sphinx at his base strength levels prior to Xandar amp.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26248868076.jpg

Casually tells Grimm he could crush him at any time. Let's him know that the stone can give him even more power if need be.

Here he is with an incomplete nearly drained stone, again at his base level of strength nearly beating Grimm to death...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26305187285.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26560066504.jpg

Finally with no stone at all...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26249277289.jpg

Those scans were just to establish a solid level of base strength for The Sphincter. Him casually handling the thing without amping as compared to Grimm's contemporaries prolly places him somewhere in the WWH/Super pissed off Savage Hulk range in terms of general strength. If anyone agrees that that's a fair assessment then I'll move on to more advanced stuff.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:06 PM
CosmicComet

STOP POSTURING AND GET TO THE GOOD SHIT

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:09 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

What makes you believe that the Sphinx had levels that even came close to Galactus? From what I recall, Galactus beat the Sphinx without issue. Titles are good and fine, but feats outweigh titles. What did the Sphinx do other than get absolutely dominated by Galactus? I'm posting the comic issue that this all went down in. Check it out. The Sphinx with one Ka Stone wasn't that impressive.

Attachment: ff 208.jpg
This has been downloaded 89 time(s).

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:12 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Last edited by psycho gundam on Feb 25th, 2012 at 09:16 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:14 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by dmills
Any who, Carver said feats so...

Let's start with classic Sphinx at his base strength levels prior to Xandar amp.

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26248868076.jpg

Casually tells Grimm he could crush him at any time. Let's him know that the stone can give him even more power if need be.

Here he is with an incomplete nearly drained stone, again at his base level of strength nearly beating Grimm to death...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26305187285.jpg
http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26560066504.jpg

Finally with no stone at all...

http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums...26249277289.jpg

Those scans were just to establish a solid level of base strength for The Sphincter. Him casually handling the thing without amping as compared to Grimm's contemporaries prolly places him somewhere in the WWH/Super pissed off Savage Hulk range in terms of general strength. If anyone agrees that that's a fair assessment then I'll move on to more advanced stuff.

WB Hulk would have killed the Thing with a thunder clap. He would also have never felt a punch from him either. No offense, but could you be hung up on titles?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:14 PM
CosmicComet

I love seeing Ben get beat up by everybody.

He's like the blue meanie of Marvel.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:29 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

What makes you believe that the Sphinx had levels that even came close to Galactus? From what I recall, Galactus beat the Sphinx without issue. Titles are good and fine, but feats outweigh titles. What did the Sphinx do other than get absolutely dominated by Galactus? I'm posting the comic issue that this all went down in. Check it out. The Sphinx with one Ka Stone wasn't that impressive.

The fact that they were engaged in a grappling contest for a while etc. Put it this way, if wbh tried to engage Galan in h2h in a grappling match he'd get folded like a lawn chair...

WB Hulk would have killed the Thing with a thunder clap. He would also have never felt a punch from him either. No offense, but could you be hung up on titles?

I think you're lowballing here my boy. A motivated Galan kicked his ass no doubt. Historically big G can do that to most beings when he's not phucking around. Having said that, you'd have to be pretty nuts to say that he's not clearly portrayed above the likes of the hulk. That much is clear.

Also, what title does Sphinx carry? He's not "the devour of worlds" or "the master of time" or some such. He carries no title.

Last edited by dmills on Feb 25th, 2012 at 09:59 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:53 PM
dmills
Centurion Prime

Originally posted by psycho gundam
adding to the ben grimm ain't shit theme

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Thanks for reinforcing my position smart guy thumb up

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 09:55 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by dmills
The fact that they were engaged in a grappling contest for a while etc. Put it this way, if wbh tried to engage Galan in h2h in a grappling match he'd get folded like a lawn chair...

I think you're lowballing here my boy. A motivated Galan kicked his ass no doubt. Historically big G can do that to most beings when he's not phucking around. Having said that, you'd have to be pretty nuts to say that he's not clearly portrayed above the likes of the hulk. That much is clear.

Also, what title does Sphinx carry? He's not "the devour of worlds" or "the master of time" or some such. He carries no title.

You showed scans of the Sphinx toying with the Thing, and I proved that the Hulk would not even feel the Things most powerful punches. The Bi-Beast without jobbing would beat the Thing up, as would Wendigo, while WB Hulk did not even notice them. let's not make this about Galactus, because he absolutely destroyed the Sphinx. Based off of feats, WB Hulk would destroy the Sphinx, and that's not me lowballing him, it's just what has been shown on panel. The Sphinx has never shown the ability to be able to crush worlds. Are you sure that you aren't lowballing the Hulk?

Oh yeah, and Galactus wasn't going all out on the Sphinx, he just beat him up, and it appeared to be with ease as well.

Last edited by Stoic on Feb 25th, 2012 at 10:13 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:06 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

The Sphinx has never shown the ability to be able to crush worlds.
Seriously?

The guy stomped Terrax out when Terrax was written well (and was still fresh as a herald).
The guy was backed by a planet sized computer... and the Ka Stone. Why the hell would he not be able to destroy a world? Why would he have to?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:15 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

WBH wins. What top tiers has Sphinx took out. If we are just using statements then let's look at what WWH said. "You can't stop me, none of you all can"... And it was some heavy hitters out there. Ms. marvel, War Machine, the fantastic four (including Thing).

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/...eHulk611005.jpg

Let's add to this. Skaar amped himself up to 100 Trillion tons of force...enough force that it was causing planetary problems.

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/...eHulk611007.jpg

Enough force that the heavy hitters I brought up couldn't even budge him.

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/...eHulk611008.jpg

Bit yet we have Hulk treating him like a flee...even after absorbing all of this power and lets not forget, he did this with one arm and let's also not forget...this isn't even WBH, this is WWH, someone that is far weaker.

http://s980.photobucket.com/albums/...eHulk611011.jpg

Sphinx handling Thing, impressive, does this put him anywhere near WWH level...sure doesn't.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:25 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Any high end version of Sphinx stomps Hulk period

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:27 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Sr J-Bieb
Seriously?

The guy stomped Terrax out when Terrax was written well (and was still fresh as a herald).
The guy was backed by a planet sized computer... and the Ka Stone. Why the hell would he not be able to destroy a world? Why would he have to?

Yeah seriously.

Sentry crushed Terrax like a bug, and the Hulk at a much weaker level than World Breaking levels defeated a very confident, psyched up by the Stark pep talk Sentry (just so that there are no excuses to the Hulk winning). Again this was not the Hulk who was at a much higher level, when he was in the Dark Dimension. Weigh both sides, it took me nearly an hour to reply to the this topic because i really had to think about it. This meant stripping down the titles of the Sphinx being a Trans tier, and just going by what he was capable of doing vs what WB Hulk was capable of doing.

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:28 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Yeah seriously.

Sentry crushed Terrax like a bug, and the Hulk at a much weaker level than World Breaking levels defeated a very confident, psyched up by the Stark pep talk Sentry (just so that there are no excuses to the Hulk winning). Again this was not the Hulk who was at a much higher level, when he was in the Dark Dimension. Weigh both sides, it took me nearly an hour to reply to the this topic because i really had to think about it. This meant stripping down the titles of the Sphinx being a Trans tier, and just going by what he was capable of doing vs what WB Hulk was capable of doing.
None of this has anything to do with Sphinx crushing worlds.

Sentry crushed a jobbing Terrax. Sphinx stomped out Terrax when he wasn't a joke.

Either way, so you're saying Sphinx is below someone like... Terrax because he didn't prove to you he could crush worlds?

Last edited by One Big Mob on Feb 25th, 2012 at 10:57 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:53 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dmills
Centurion Prime

You showed scans of the Sphinx toying with the Thing, and I proved that the Hulk would not even feel the Things most powerful punches. The Bi-Beast without jobbing would beat the Thing up, as would Wendigo, while WB Hulk did not even notice them. let's not make this about Galactus, because he absolutely destroyed the Sphinx. Based off of feats, WB Hulk would destroy the Sphinx, and that's not me lowballing him, it's just what has been shown on panel. The Sphinx has never shown the ability to be able to crush worlds. Are you sure that you aren't lowballing the Hulk?

Oh yeah, and Galactus wasn't going all out on the Sphinx, he just beat him up, and it appeared to be with ease as well.

Come on brah, you're more savvy than this. You know I said that I posted the scans to established a baseline of strength for the Sphinx. Which I said was WWH/very pissed savage Hulk range. Not that Ben Grimm was the be all end all. He caught his punch, was crushing his hand while monologuing. And that was classic Sphinx pre worldmind amp.

The power to crush worlds? Man the Sphinx has altered reality, time/space on a whim. He has destroyed planets with a thought from interstellar distances. He has the power to crush a planet and then will it back together again brah.

Galactus was motivated by Reed letting him have Earth. In other words, he was finally offered the pussy that he had been wanting so desperately to smash. Read the dialogue.

At one point during the fight they were engaged in a grappling match. Iirc it lasted a few panels at that. The art depiction had them quivering indicative of a physical stalemate. All while talking with him. I figure a dude has to be pretty phucking strong to do that. If you feel wbh can do that then come out and say it. Just sayin.

Last edited by dmills on Feb 25th, 2012 at 11:05 PM

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:56 PM
CosmicComet

knamsayn?

Old Post Feb 25th, 2012 10:59 PM