KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Merlin Vs Nabu

Merlin Vs Nabu
Started by: Prep-Man

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Merlin Vs Nabu

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 07:27 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

That picture of Nabu with his man servant is disturbing.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 07:39 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilshogun

Chaos & Order powers Nabu. Merlin needs higer power to defeat nabu''s back up.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 08:04 PM
lilshogun is currently offline Click here to Send lilshogun a Private Message Find more posts by lilshogun Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 08:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
whistle

Did we just get sonned hardcore through the 4th wall?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 08:25 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ laughing out loud

Not really sure how the ability to hold all of time/space in one's hands crosses over into a forum battle... But at first sight, it makes Merlin *seem* well beyond Nabu. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 20th, 2012 at 08:33 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2012 08:30 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Whelp Nabu nice knowing you... that scan just won me over. Don't really follow anything on DC Merlin and can't say much other than... wow... and etrigan.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 04:49 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

whistle

Meh. That happened in a vision and didn't happen just like the holy grail being destroyed didn't happen.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 04:55 AM
ares834 is online now! Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ That vision was quite real, actually. Go back and reread the issue.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 03:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by ares834
Meh. That happened in a vision and didn't happen just like the holy grail being destroyed didn't happen.
What issue so I can weigh in here.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 04:51 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Demon Knights #4.

Everything Merlin told her was factual. They were communing outside of time--which was stated on a few occasions.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 21st, 2012 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 05:06 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Demon Knights #4.

Everything Merlin told her was factual. They were communing outside of time--which was stated on a few occasions.
Due to my battlezone I have issues 1-4 just in case. I never really looked through them. Give me a moment for a quit perusing.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 05:09 PM
Cogito

In the most recent Demon Knights, Mordru called himself the most powerful magician - to which Xanadu said Merlin was the most powerful ever (and she was #2 as his student).

Or maybe Xanadu said Merlin was the most powerful and then Mordru countered with himself being the most powerful, my memory is fuzzy and I don't have it in front of me.

Either way, it gives a general impression of how powerful Merlin is. There's a significant chance of exaggeration going on, though, and such statements should always be taken with a handful of salt.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:04 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

I agree by just perusing the one issue it's exaggerated and in no way, shape, or form denotes combat superiority to Nabu.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:10 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's not exaggerated in the slightest. This series has made it clear that Merlin isn't just some pesky mage--he is a cosmic powerhouse. Again, though, holding all of time/space in his hands (as Merlin WAS doing) is impressive, but also quite hard to apply to any sort of combat feat.

But imo, he would be beyond Nabu.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:12 PM
quanchi112
Disney

It's not exaggerated in the slightest. This series has made it clear that Merlin isn't just some pesky mage--he is a cosmic powerhouse. Again, though, holding all of time/space in his hands (as Merlin WAS doing) is impressive, but also quite hard to apply to any sort of combat feat.

But imo, he would be beyond Nabu.
Why would he be beyond Nabu iyo ?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:14 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Feat-wise? He hasn't done anything to warrant it. Merlin just *seems* like he is on another level.

I don't see Nabu holding all of time/space in his hands, for instance. Just my opinion.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:17 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Feat-wise? He hasn't done anything to warrant it. Merlin just *seems* like he is on another level.

I don't see Nabu holding all of time/space in his hands, for instance. Just my opinion.
That's another feat you know perfectly well won't mean anything when some jackass with an enchanted sword comes his way.

To me it's like saying Odin is beyond Galactus with his best combat feats of wrecking galaxies, affecting the entire space time continuum, or the multiverse.

You have to wait to see how Merlin handles himself against a top tier mage or other foe.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by quanchi112
That's another feat you know perfectly well won't mean anything when some jackass with an enchanted sword comes his way.
Who knows? Merlin was started to be > Mordru (> ANY magic user, in fact)--which in itself should tell you how powerful the codger was.

Regardless, since Merlin is no longer among the 'physical' world, we'll likely never know what he was capable of. He just seems more impressive to me.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Who knows? Merlin was started to be > Mordru (> ANY magic user, in fact)--which in itself should tell you how powerful the codger was.

Regardless, since Merlin is no longer among the 'physical' world, we'll likely never know what he was capable of. He just seems more impressive to me.
The new dcnu Merlin. Usually in works of fiction Merlin gets top billing. I just don't think that feat proves anything in regards to how he stacks up against Nabu.

Old Post Mar 21st, 2012 06:27 PM