KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Achilles Warkiller vs Gladiator

Achilles Warkiller vs Gladiator
Started by: red sabre

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

Achilles Warkiller vs Gladiator

its achilles from DC Universe vs Gladiator who do you think will win

Old Post May 11th, 2012 02:10 PM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Ah, the two confidence based fighters head to head, eh? smile

Gladiator, baring some luck on Achilles' part or Gladiator having a low confidence day.

A good stab with the spear through the heart or such could kill Gladiator, but I don't think that's too likely. Gladiator's power and skill are pretty significant. He'll get some wounds but should get the win.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 02:13 PM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Gladiator

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 11th, 2012 11:12 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Feron

Glads, without too much difficulty.

Old Post May 11th, 2012 11:57 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Glads, without too much difficulty.

based on what? chilles fought wonder woman to a stalemate

Old Post May 12th, 2012 06:44 AM
red sabre is currently offline Click here to Send red sabre a Private Message Find more posts by red sabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, it won't be easy. He's hard as heck to hit, his spear is nasty, and he has healing factor.

Old Post May 12th, 2012 10:34 AM
Q99 is currently offline Click here to Send Q99 a Private Message Find more posts by Q99 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

i actually think achilles will beat gladiator.

thanks Scythe for the cool signature!!!!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 12:08 PM
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 12:20 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Superman is a bit too aggressive there, kind of OOC

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 04:46 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Originally posted by Endless Mike
Superman is a bit too aggressive there, kind of OOC

http://www.comicvine.com/eradicator/29-5377/
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Eradicator_%28New_Earth%29

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 04:48 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Yea, Eradicator, not Superman.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 05:05 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Ah, that explains it

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Jun 20th, 2012 05:29 PM
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

gladiator got flight and force vision while achilles got the grace and athena spear, as far as strength and durability judging by feats i would say they are somewhere equel, actually i would give achilles same durability levels as marvel hercules, but again achilles doesnt have too many feats i am not sure to be honest but he is at least as durable and strong as gladiator.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 09:39 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Achilles is very powerful, but I do think Glads has the better feats here. Remember that time Doomsday totally destroyed Achilles?

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 09:57 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Bentley
Achilles is very powerful, but I do think Glads has the better feats here. Remember that time Doomsday totally destroyed Achilles?

well thats doomsday after all, and achilles stood and took preety good shots from doomsday, i would put that doomsday easily above savage hulk and remember how savage hulk treated gladiator? of course ABC logic is not always right however its some indication at least.

the way achilles treated eradicator, fought wonder woman, fought geo force and basically was laughing after getting bashed by buildings and rocks like it has no effect on him while lifting buildings and smash geo force with them , i find this kind of durability to be closer to marvel hercules to be honest, i think gladiactor will overcome his grace just like wonder woman or geo force were able to do however the athena spear is the edge here, but even without the spear judging by both performance i actually see it as a very long fight with achilles TKO gladiator at the end, blow for blow almost always works against gladiator as against masterson thor, as against savage hulk, as against thor, as against supreme , gladiator lacks the durability to go blow for blow with the top dogs, achilles on the other hand impressed me more on that department, however its actually a closer one.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 10:12 AM
Bentley
Seitei

Frankly, I don't see anyone Achilles has beaten to think he can beat Glads to pulp physically. Geo-Force he's goot, but he's still meta-level, Erradicator got punked again and again in that incarnation; Wonderwoman is good, but we shouldn't judge in a single battle.

It is true that Gladiator has been threated as a quintessential punching bag through his history, he broke Hyperion's neck and he punked Vulcan. I can see Achilles going down against an angry Savage Hulk or against mjolnir, those aren't really very bad feats when you consider the respective histories of those characters.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 10:36 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Q99

Frankly, I don't see anyone Achilles has beaten to think he can beat Glads to pulp physically. Geo-Force he's goot, but he's still meta-level

Eh, with all his upgrades I'd say he's arguably low-herald, or at least close to it.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 10:59 AM
red sabre
Restricted

Account Restricted

Frankly, I don't see anyone Achilles has beaten to think he can beat Glads to pulp physically. Geo-Force he's goot, but he's still meta-level, Erradicator got punked again and again in that incarnation; Wonderwoman is good, but we shouldn't judge in a single battle.

It is true that Gladiator has been threated as a quintessential punching bag through his history, he broke Hyperion's neck and he punked Vulcan. I can see Achilles going down against an angry Savage Hulk or against mjolnir, those aren't really very bad feats when you consider the respective histories of those characters.

actually geo force is in the herald level i would say low to mid herald actually, his strength and durability feats are above any meta by far.

eradicator while in that incarnation is still eradicator with same abilities and nothing is changed unless he got a downgrade which would be stated.

wonderwoman is good? wonder woman would beat the crap out of gladiator everyone knows that, achilles actually matched her and stalemated her.

gladiator gets beat up most of the times by top tiers and lower, i can also see achilles going down to those guys or not however i just stated that based on fights achilles has the better overall stats IMO, achilles impressed me more than gladiator to be honest, achilled stalemated diana, stalemated geo force, bfr eradicator with a strike so strong it tore his symbol and sent him flying, only thing against him is doomsday owning him but come on thats doomsday everybody gets smocked by him sooner or later.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 12:57 PM
Bentley
Seitei

Originally posted by red sabre
actually geo force is in the herald level i would say low to mid herald actually, his strength and durability feats are above any meta by far.

I disagree, but low herald is a maybe. Consider that Magneto who is vastly more versatile and powerful than Geo-Force is the quintessential low-herald.

eradicator while in that incarnation is still eradicator with same abilities and nothing is changed unless he got a downgrade which would be stated.

Beh, he sucked and died like a chump, even Super Boy was better against DD, and he was also better than Achilles while we are at it.

wonderwoman is good? wonder woman would beat the crap out of gladiator everyone knows that, achilles actually matched her and stalemated her.

WW is obviously stronger than Gladiator, but Achilles stalemating her is one of his, if not his highest showing. Also WW can be working in less than her full-power in a random issue, Thor has been bested by lesser foes quite often but it doesn't mean I think Tutinax stomps Silver Surfer, characters can job to hype the newcomers.

gladiator gets beat up most of the times by top tiers and lower, i can also see achilles going down to those guys or not however i just stated that based on fights achilles has the better overall stats IMO, achilles impressed me more than gladiator to be honest, achilled stalemated diana, stalemated geo force, bfr eradicator with a strike so strong it tore his symbol and sent him flying, only thing against him is doomsday owning him but come on thats doomsday everybody gets smocked by him sooner or later.

I agree that Achilles might beat Gladiator, but I also know for a fact that Kallark has superior strength feats -planet buster- and superior speed feats, I cannot probably ignore that either.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 08:59 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Q99
Eh, with all his upgrades I'd say he's arguably low-herald, or at least close to it.
Achilles didn't beat Geo, though. It was a complete stalemate. However, one-shotting Eradicator is insanely impressive. That is what makes me think Achilles (esp. with his weaponry) can do some heavy damage to Gladiator. I'd also like to mention that out of the entire Outsiders line-up, Achilles was the only one who was able to harm Doomsday in the slightest. Imo, that speaks volumes regarding where he stands on the power scale...

Ultimately, Glads probably wins...

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 21st, 2012 at 09:53 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2012 09:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote