KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gods vs cosmics

Gods vs cosmics
Started by: keiththegreat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
keiththegreat

Gods vs cosmics

There seems to be a contradiction in how the people on this site view the difference between sky fathers and celestials, and sky fathers and galactus.
Many here claim sky fathers are ants to celestials, but that Odin is close to galactus. BUT celestials and galactus are equals. So this team:

Rune King Thor
Zeus
Gaea
Bor
Loki

Vs

Fight 1 galactus ate 1 planet

Fight 2 arishem

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 04:43 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus
Sadly, you're the proof..

1. Galactus

2. Arishem

there's a logical reason why these beings are categorized in a certain way.

Galactus represents balance. All of the beings on the opposing team are "balanced," and none of them can tip balance in their favor without a quantified plot device giving them the capability to do so.

Arishem represents most likely a higher side of one side of said balance, which is why Celestials and certain abstract beings seem equal.

The truth? Celestial / Hellish beings have an effect on the lives / existence of all lower beings the same way as abstracts do, which is why "gods" are portrayed weaker than these angelic or infernal superiors.

Gods like Thor, Zeus, Odin, etc...they're still susceptible to Good and Evil, which are both sides of that Balance that Galactus represents. I could go more into detail but I'll wait to see what others have to say about it.

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 05:29 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
byrdgang21
byrd's da word

Since when is Loki a Skyfather? If you replace him Hulk then team wins.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 05:31 PM
byrdgang21 is currently offline Click here to Send byrdgang21 a Private Message Find more posts by byrdgang21 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiththegreat

Gods vs cosmics, not skyfathers vs cosmics.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 09:33 PM
keiththegreat is currently offline Click here to Send keiththegreat a Private Message Find more posts by keiththegreat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

quote: (post)
Originally posted by byrdgang21
Since when is Loki a Skyfather? If you replace him Hulk then team wins.
WTF is Hulk going to do to Big G or Arishem?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 09:36 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
keiththegreat

Lots of people seem to think Odin can give Galactus a fight. Well, Rune King Thor > > Odin. Add in Zeus, and the others, and you would think these guys could at least give Galactus a battle.

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 09:37 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Harbinger
WTF is Hulk going to do to Big G or Arishem?

Thunderclap!!!!! rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 09:38 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

skyfathers are still "gods"

but celestials / hell lords still have GREAT influence over their existence.

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Jul 5th, 2012 09:39 PM
Jynocidus is currently offline Click here to Send Jynocidus a Private Message Find more posts by Jynocidus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Colossus-Big C
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Jynocidus
skyfathers are still "gods"

but celestials / hell lords still have GREAT influence over their existence.
Timaut was scared of the elder gods

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 12:38 AM
Colossus-Big C is currently offline Click here to Send Colossus-Big C a Private Message Find more posts by Colossus-Big C Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

i wouldn't say all that...

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 02:22 AM
Tar-Antado
Secret Dunadain King

Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
Timaut was scared of the elder gods

Where/when did this happen?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 02:26 AM
Tar-Antado is currently offline Click here to Send Tar-Antado a Private Message Find more posts by Tar-Antado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jynocidus

he's talking about in the F4 comic when Tiamat knew destruction was coming that people on earth never witnessed before. i wouldn't necessarily say he was scared for himself, because he was sleeping

T-Shirts Coming Soon! XD

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 02:30 AM
Nietzschean
Of The Dire Pride

Odin ko'ed himself by giving Galactus a headbutt. Guys like Odin can give Galactus momentary pause at best with a hail mary attack but he nor his fellow skyfathers are equal to Galactus alone.

The problem with Galactus is his power level and hunger which is often used as a plot device so characters can hang with him.

Just want to remind you all that Galactus recovered from Odin's headbutt in the following panels while Odin fell into the Odin Sleep for using all his power on one single attack.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 03:02 AM
Nietzschean is currently offline Click here to Send Nietzschean a Private Message Find more posts by Nietzschean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by keiththegreat
Lots of people seem to think Odin can give Galactus a fight. Well, Rune King Thor > > Odin. Add in Zeus, and the others, and you would think these guys could at least give Galactus a battle.

On panel Odin did give Galactus a fight, and if he rose first he would he been the winner of that battle. Going by that, I think that the team would wreck Galactus after several minutes, if that.

Arishem is another story. It's pretty rare to see him square off, so who knows if some exotically powered character could take him while another opponent classified as being more powerful could not. Comics at times can be very inconsistent, so if a comic came out that had several very powerful pantheon members defeat a Celestial of Arishem's written stats, I wouldn't be surprised.

1. Team.
2. They may win.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 03:13 AM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

The Galactus that was portrayed recently against Scrier and the Other, I think wins against the team rather effortless tbh, the Galactus that was shown fighting Odin I'm not so sure about, but I'm inclined to believe that he loses. However I also think that the way Galactus have been portrayed generally within the last years shows a Galactus that could defeat the team (Looking at his general appearances but that is merely my opinion)

Arishem should win.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 05:32 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tar-Antado
Secret Dunadain King

Originally posted by Stoic
On panel Odin did give Galactus a fight, and if he rose first he would he been the winner of that battle. .

But that's the point, Odn was never going to rise before Galactus because he was overmatched.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 05:43 AM
Tar-Antado is currently offline Click here to Send Tar-Antado a Private Message Find more posts by Tar-Antado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Utrigita
The Galactus that was portrayed recently against Scrier and the Other, I think wins against the team rather effortless tbh, the Galactus that was shown fighting Odin I'm not so sure about, but I'm inclined to believe that he loses. However I also think that the way Galactus have been portrayed generally within the last years shows a Galactus that could defeat the team (Looking at his general appearances but that is merely my opinion)

Arishem should win.

The Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials would wreck Odin, Destroyer Armor and all .

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 12:21 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Stoic
On panel Odin did give Galactus a fight, and if he rose first he would he been the winner of that battle. Going by that, I think that the team would wreck Galactus after several minutes, if that.

Except that Galactus was living off a previous meal . Now the Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials on the other hand........he'd be a different story .

And LOL at you for thinking that by simply rising first(which wasn't even the case) , Odin would have been the winner . The guy clearly admitted that he lacked the strength to keep up with Galactus , and throughout their encounter , Galactus hadn't even gone up on the physical offensive(like Odin did) .

Last edited by TheGodKiller02 on Jul 6th, 2012 at 12:24 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 12:21 PM
Utrigita

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
The Galactus that fought the Mad Celestials would wreck Odin, Destroyer Armor and all .

Absolutely, I was merely speaking from the last shown appearance that Galactus had which was against Scrier and The Other.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2012 04:18 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote