KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Super Skrull vs Iron Man

Super Skrull vs Iron Man
Started by: trollfacejpg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
trollfacejpg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Super Skrull vs Iron Man

Superskrull vs IronMan

Cis/Pis off.
Fight takes place in open plain.
Both are Current.

Seemed like a good fight to me.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:52 AM
trollfacejpg is currently offline Click here to Send trollfacejpg a Private Message Find more posts by trollfacejpg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Kl'rt should win 10/10 if not jobbing

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 08:25 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw

I'm not sure about that, unless Iron Man would be unable to track him in his invisible state.

Strength should be about even, speed and computational navigation (slipping past obstacles and such) should easily go to Iron Man.

Iron Man should easily be able to effectively suppress SS's flame effectively grounding him, and giving him an even larger speed advantage.

Targeting and response times should go to Iron Man, and he would be able to map SS's muscular twich fibers and react before SS can get off anything capable of endangering him.

Nanite tech that Iron Man could infect SS either by injection, or airborne strain could successfully shut him down on a cellular level making him ready to be transported to the Negative Zone for processing.

IMO CIS off Iron Man kicks his ass in hard, and locks him down.

I am Iron Man!
Has he lost his mind?
Can he see or is he blind?
Can he walk at all
Or if he moves will he fall?

Is he alive or dead?
Has he thoughts within his head
We'll just pass him there
Why should we even care?

He was turned to steel
In the great magnetic field
When he travelled time
For the future of mankind

Nobody wants him
He just stares at the world
Planning his vengeance
That he will soon unfold

Now the time is here
For Iron Man to spread fear
Vengeance from the grave
Kills the people he once saved

Nobody wants him
They just turn their heads
Nobody helps him
Now he has his revenge

Heavy boots of lead
Fills his victims full of dread
Running as fast as they can
Iron Man lives again!

-Lyrics by Black Sabbath-

Last edited by Stoic on Aug 5th, 2012 at 02:58 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 02:50 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Iron Man.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 05:57 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by pym-ftw

A non jobbing SS would DESTROY Iron Man.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 05:59 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Maybe if K'lrt isn't jobbing and Iron Man is. Given Iron Man's feats and what he's capable of without PIS/CIS, I don't see him being destroyed.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:00 PM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Klrt can be a GL lite when he is using Sue's powers to their fullest.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:08 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by Newjak
Klrt can be a GL lite when he is using Sue's powers to their fullest.

I bet SS could beat a bunch of GL's just not the ones that matter, then again so could Iron Man, but let's not turn our attentions to a character, and power set that does not exist in this thread as some way of taking measure. SS would lose due to IM's ability to shut him down, if we're going the CISless route. And when I say shut him down, I mean every single time.

SS wouldn't be able to even get off a shot without IM knowing before he ever made the attempt, His only chance is to be able to go undetected via invisibility, but does that mask his heat signature, or other bio signatures? A whole lot of people may not understand, or realize what a CISless up to date IM brings to the table. For the record, it's more than SS could ever begin to bargain for.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:33 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's IM's nanites going to do against a bubble expanding in his head?

Sue Richards power can, imo, defeat even Thor 10/10, because of how broken it is... (You can't even defend against it, as it's simply willed into body parts.. And can even skirt around shields and defenses...)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:42 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by cdtm
What's IM's nanites going to do against a bubble expanding in his head?

Sue Richards power can, imo, defeat even Thor 10/10, because of how broken it is... (You can't even defend against it, as it's simply willed into body parts.. And can even skirt around shields and defenses...)

Effectively stop his brain from higher level functions, disallowing him to form a bubble that expands within his head. What does SS do when IM decides to use his stealth tech and cruise in undetected? With tech Tony would have a lot more weapons to bring to the fight than SS does.

Also Thor is not in this thread, nor does he have IM's power set, so although Thor may defeat IM, it does not give you the opportunity to use any of his strengths or weaknesses to help SS's case. Sue has also learned how to use her powers in ways that SS has not. There is a limit to the CISless clause, and it should never be used in the way that you may be suggesting. There is context behind Sue's ability to do things with her powers, and in those times that she has done something new SS was not present.

It's like saying that since Bill has Thor's ability that he would do all of the things that Thor would do, or that his scope for power usage would result in the same effect.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:53 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Super Skrull has powers not even the FF has (antimatter fire bomb for example) and his powers go beyond theirs (SS's stretching ability extends for HUNDREDS of miles, compare that to Reed's). Idiot writers just job him out or conveniently leave out this stuff.

SS absolutely destroys Iron Man.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:56 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

IM needs to get the nanites into SS's body, though. Needs to get in close to do that, doesn't he?

SS has options to stop Stark at range, before he gets that chance. (Even something as simple as turtling behind a force field could stop nanite intrusion..)

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 06:56 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Since when does Tony pack anti Skrull nanites as standard equipment?

I mean, the last time he tried to use nanites offensively was like, WWH wasn't it? And even then he had to physically inject them (which won't work on Kl'rt, as piercing his skin whilst he uses Reed's powers will be borderline impossible), and Kl'rt could isolate them within his body using his skrull shapeshifting...

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:04 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by zopzop
Super Skrull has powers not even the FF has (antimatter fire bomb for example) and his powers go beyond theirs (SS's stretching ability extends for HUNDREDS of miles, compare that to Reed's). Idiot writers just job him out or conveniently leave out this stuff.

SS absolutely destroys Iron Man.

So every defeat was PIS or CIS? Since he is that much better than Reed, which from you description would give him about 100 x the ability to outstretch him, that would also mean that the same thing would need to be said about his strength and Ben's strength right? his is where the BS must stop. He has never been that strong on panel and if so he would be catapulted from the high meta or low herald up to the trans level big boys club. Bull. These over exaggerations need to stop. Fixit beat him up.

You know what there comes a time after seeing a competent character lose so many times that you just have to call it what it is. SS is a trained warrior as mentioned in several of his appearances, to call him stupid after this much time doesn't work for me.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:09 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

WWH he didn't have the nanites though, as they'd been taken from him.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:10 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish

Originally posted by -Pr-
WWH he didn't have the nanites though, as they'd been taken from him.

Yeah, but my point was just that he had to prepare those especially, threat specific nanites are hardly something we've seen him carrying around all the time.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:12 PM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Since when does Tony pack anti Skrull nanites as standard equipment?

I mean, the last time he tried to use nanites offensively was like, WWH wasn't it? And even then he had to physically inject them (which won't work on Kl'rt, as piercing his skin whilst he uses Reed's powers will be borderline impossible), and Kl'rt could isolate them within his body using his skrull shapeshifting...

When you're talking Iron Man, you're talking tech. Iron Man is Tony, and as such he has built equipment capable of staving off Magneto's powers, Xavier's TP. busting Hulk's. Busting Thor's. Do you think that he would not have tech to bust Skrull's? This is CISless Iron Man, meaning he would certainly have tech to bust the Super Skrull. Unless this is CISless Super Skrull vs CIS on Iron Man.

Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Yeah, but my point was just that he had to prepare those especially, threat specific nanites are hardly something we've seen him carrying around all the time.

Remember this is a CISless match.

Last edited by Stoic on Aug 5th, 2012 at 07:15 PM

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:13 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Stoic
So every defeat was PIS or CIS? Since he is that much better than Reed, which from you description would give him about 100 x the ability to outstretch him, that would also mean that the same thing would need to be said about his strength and Ben's strength right? his is where the BS must stop. He has never been that strong on panel and if so he would be catapulted from the high meta or low herald up to the trans level big boys club. Bull. These over exaggerations need to stop. Fixit beat him up.

You know what there comes a time after seeing a competent character lose so many times that you just have to call it what it is. SS is a trained warrior as mentioned in several of his appearances, to call him stupid after this much time doesn't work for me.

No Stoic, ON PANEL, it was shown that his stretching ability DWARFS Reed's AND he has fire/energy manipulation power that the HT doesn't (the antimatter fireball). I never mentioned Thing so don't put words in my mouth.

He also has his hypnotic stare power and his Skrullian shapeshifting abilities.

If he was written properly he'd be a solid Mid Herald being and stomp Stark every time.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:14 PM
AlmightyKfish

Originally posted by Stoic
When you're talking Iron Man, you're talking tech. Iron Man is Tony, and as such he has built equipment capable of staving off Magneto's powers, Xavier's TP. busting Hulk's. Busting Thor's. Do you think that he would not have tech to bust Skrull's? This is CISless Iron Man, meaning he would certainly have tech to nust the Super Skrull. Unless this is CISless Super Skrull vs CIS on Iron Man.

No I agree he'd have the tech...somewhere. All of the stuff you've mentioned is stuff he's done with prep, which he doesn't have here. With prep time sure Tony could whip something up, but here he's just got what's in his current armour, which has not been shown to have any specific anti Skrull defences or weaponry.

And Tony's usual offensive stuff (repulsors, uni beam etc) is not going to be enough to put Kl'rt down, whereas Kl'rt can do some serious damage to Tony.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:17 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by zopzop
No Stoic, ON PANEL, it was shown that his stretching ability DWARFS Reed's AND he has fire/energy manipulation power that the HT doesn't (the antimatter fireball). I never mentioned Thing so don't put words in my mouth.

He also has his hypnotic stare power and his Skrullian shapeshifting abilities.

If he was written properly he'd be a solid Mid Herald being and stomp Stark every time.

Yes as it has always been stated that his powers are greater than the FF's but 100x greater? Over exaggerate much? If this is the case then it is not what you said but what I am saying. He would also be 100x strong than Ben. When was that ever shown on panel? In order for his feat to stand, wouldn't it be custom based on forum rules for him to have shown his ability to far outdo Reeds powers? Writers aren't scientists. Did you know that all stars produce anti matter? What was Johnny's Super Nova often compared to?

Besides why are you bringing up these anti matter bombs, and this and the other. The fight would never last that long to begin with. Tony would computationally map him out, and shut him down. Who cares about who is more powerful, that was never my argument. Being more powerful does not always win a fight. What would decide this is Tony's ability to shut SS down, and he has more than proven to be able to resort to this tactic in all the years that he has been around. However this Super Skrull that you are attempting to bring into play is beginning to resemble a trans level character, and not the Super Skrull. If that's your angle, then fine Tyrant wins.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2012 07:25 PM