KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Highfather Vs The Serpent

Highfather Vs The Serpent
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Highfather Vs The Serpent

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:06 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Well, The Serpent is an equal to Odin, Highfather is an equal to Darkseid, Odin is noticeably more powerful than Darkseid, so Ill go the Serpent to win here.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:09 PM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DTM
Well, The Serpent is an equal to Odin,

No he really isn't. Odin easily and I mean easily defeated him.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:12 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

And he was the big bad? I might have to take my chances with Highfather.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:13 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

I thought the Serpent was Odins older brother, ergo his equal in power. Thor beat him with some specially made armor and sword, not something Highfather would have here.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:13 PM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Doesn't necessarily mean they are equal in power, since Odin beat him. Sounds like a crap story.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:15 PM
DTM

Oh, well I thought the idea of the Serpent was that he was a rough equal to Odin (I mean he did rip Caps shield in half), my bad if Im wrong. Still going with Serpent here.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:17 PM
iceman24567

Originally posted by DTM
I thought the Serpent was Odins older brother, ergo his equal in power.
My sister is 3 years older than me but since the age of 11 i have been vastly superior to her in ever aspect so you are wrong

iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Originally posted by DTM
I thought the Serpent was Odins older brother, ergo his equal in power. Thor beat him with some specially made armor and sword, not something Highfather would have here.

He was his older brother, but as shown was NOT equal in power. If you saw their fight it was pretty riduclous how easily he bested him and his Worthy.

His armor and sword were nothing special, nor was it really stated as such either.

-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

Originally posted by -K-M-
He was his older brother, but as shown was NOT equal in power. If you saw their fight it was pretty riduclous how easily he bested him and his Worthy.

His armor and sword were nothing special, nor was it really stated as such either.
Well for one thing Odin killed a large amount of the human population to weaken the Serpent before he stormed his fortress.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:19 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

IIRC, The Serpent himself admitted that Odin was his superior.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:33 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Odin wielded Ragnarok when he fought the Serpent, which is a potent weapon.

He did defeat the Serpent a lot easier than I would have expected, especially since the Serpent was the older brother and in the other flashbacks he seemed to be more powerful of the two. An impressive showing for the All-Father either way.

That being said, Highfather is no Odin and the Serpent was obviously on a level that would crush Izaya. Even all of the fear and death gods seemed to be at the very least wary of him and his power; IIRC Mephisto, Cytorrak and his ilk considered facing the Serpent solo suicide. And to be fair to the Serpent, Odin literally slaughtered the entire world (The one before Earth) which would weaken him.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Sep 1st, 2012 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:38 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

What are some Serpent feats?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:44 PM
iceman24567

Originally posted by Golgo13
Being tougher than Highfather

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:45 PM
Senor Cage

Crossovers don't count. stick out tongue Now, any feats besides breaking Cap's shield?

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:47 PM
the ninjak
FRINGE Division

Depends on how long the Serpent has had to gather fear quite frankly!

The more fear the stronger he gets. If the Serpent was able to defeat the Earth forces and spread his agents throughout though cosmos he would've eventually become unstoppable........to a degree.

Thor was simply born to be his Kryptonite....go figure. And Thor rocks!

The Serpant was a virus that never saw fruition.

Last edited by the ninjak on Sep 1st, 2012 at 08:50 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:48 PM
the ninjak is currently offline Click here to Send the ninjak a Private Message Find more posts by the ninjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Originally posted by Golgo13

Ripping Caps Shield in half with his bare hands. Well beyond that Id say Highfather is capable of.

Creating minions that were each Thor-level in power, something else I dont see HF doing.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:48 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by DTM
Ripping Caps Shield in half with his bare hands. Well beyond that Id say Highfather is capable of.

Creating minions that were each Thor-level in power, something else I dont see HF doing.

Didn't Highfather merge 2 worlds into one? I would think that's superior to that one particular feat.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 08:52 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by DTM

We don't even know if he did it with his bare hands he chanted a mystical word and then did it. For all we know he cast a spell on the shield.

(please log in to view the image)

I wouldn't say they were all Thor level. Heck, Thor nearly killed Worthy Thing fairly easily. FYI, HF made Takion.

Last edited by -K-M- on Sep 1st, 2012 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 09:18 PM
SquallX

Highfather access the Source and punk the Serpent.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2012 09:25 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote