KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surfer vs Vulcan

Surfer vs Vulcan
Started by: janus77

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer vs Vulcan

Simple, random encounter out in far distant space.

Current Surfer sans pants but with no limit on how far he can travel from Earth.

Vulcan is pretty much as Vulcan is...

My view:
Surfer monologues him to death.

Alternative view:
Surfer switches off the X-gene for a swift and clean victory.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2012 10:34 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Could go either way. Surfer may switch off the X-gene, or Vulcan may use the PC to destroy the Surfer from the inside out.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2012 10:43 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer doesn't really have an "inside" to be burned out. He's fully in control of his molecules and even moreso now that he transfers his consciousness across whole sections of the planet (for fun).

There are different depictions of the PC from the past, some indicate that Surfer is a physical being underneath the chrome others that he is merely an arrangement of matter that can be changed on a whim.

Currently that latter interpretation of Galactus' work seems to be the way Marvel are going.

Surfer also has no examples of ever being burnt up due to PC overload, as far as I can recall. It just isn't something that's ever happened to him.

Also, if Annihilation is any indication, the level of energy necessary to harm him is far beyond Vulcan's ability to cast Surfer's way (the Crunch energies).

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Sep 12th, 2012 10:56 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Harbinger
Firestorm

Because Vulcan's a pretty suck ass character at regular levels, Norrin stomps.

However, given Vulcan's powerset, I don't see why he couldn't conceivably siphon Surfer's energies from him ala Doom's device.

Old Post Sep 12th, 2012 11:07 PM
Harbinger is currently offline Click here to Send Harbinger a Private Message Find more posts by Harbinger Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

again, as in many similar threads, vulcan's powerset is well equipped to deal with ss--at least a comicbook ss. but ss is vastly more experienced and probably more powerful than anyone vulcan has come across. there is also the issue of speed. i like vulcan, and i think he could make this interesting for a while, but i think he would under-estimate ss in the end and lose. ss could also simply prove to have too much offensive variety for vulcan to ultimately handle. give vulcan more time and experience and it could be different. currently, ss should take him almost everytime imo.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:09 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eaebiakuya

If Surfer BLITZ him, as he did against Nova Prime, Vulcan cant win.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:11 AM
eaebiakuya is currently offline Click here to Send eaebiakuya a Private Message Find more posts by eaebiakuya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Glorificus

Surfer blitzes Vulcan easily. Transmutes him into goo. Turns his X-gene off. Pick any one.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:15 AM
Glorificus is currently offline Click here to Send Glorificus a Private Message Find more posts by Glorificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

SS punches his face off.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:15 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindset
SS punches his face off.

i think i'll just wait for you to post in a thread before i do. makes my decisions a lot easier that way.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 01:42 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mastagambit
king of thieves

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Harbinger
Because Vulcan's a pretty suck ass character at regular levels, Norrin stomps.

However, given Vulcan's powerset, I don't see why he couldn't conceivably siphon Surfer's energies from him ala Doom's device.

Old Post Sep 13th, 2012 10:18 PM
mastagambit is currently offline Click here to Send mastagambit a Private Message Find more posts by mastagambit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

It can go either way:
Surfer smack his face, or kick his ass.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 05:10 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nibedicus
Gaming addict

Board to the head most likely.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 05:14 AM
Nibedicus is currently offline Click here to Send Nibedicus a Private Message Find more posts by Nibedicus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Surfur wins.

Old Post Sep 14th, 2012 05:38 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote