KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Aquaman vs Cyclops

Aquaman vs Cyclops
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Aquaman vs Cyclops

No TP or trident for this battle. Who wins?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:33 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sixth_Winged

Gonna go with Arthur unless Cyclops will go ""gtfo my lawn" mode at the first go.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:37 PM
Sixth_Winged is currently offline Click here to Send Sixth_Winged a Private Message Find more posts by Sixth_Winged Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Aquaman jumps him and mauls him.
He has excelent energy/heat/cold resistance and if Scott doesn't go full out at the start of the battle he gets wrecked.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:39 PM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

lol @ op.

If Cyclops can keep him at a distance, he'll wear him down eventually.

That said, it's more likely that Aquaman (nerfed as he is), will get close enough to put Summers down.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Lol...what's funny Pr?

Also, going by the standard battlefield of KMC, doesn't the combatants start some distance away?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:45 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carver9
Lol...what's funny Pr?

Also, going by the standard battlefield of KMC, doesn't the combatants start some distance away?

Because I know what you're doing.

Yes, about half a kilometre/mile iirc. My point still stands.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:46 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by -Pr-
Because I know what you're doing.

Yes, about half a kilometre/mile iirc. My point still stands.

Lol...

As for your second comment...uuummmm, Cyclops is one of the most accurate blasters in comics, Aquaman isnt dodging everything.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:48 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Lol...

As for your second comment...uuummmm, Cyclops is one of the most accurate blasters in comics, Aquaman isnt dodging everything.

I never said he'd have to dodge all of it.

This is a guy that's taken punches from Wonder Woman and Martian Manhunter. He's going to tank anything Cyclops hits him with until Cyclops ramps up the power.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:49 PM
DarkSaint85

Aquaman is pretty good at jumping....0.5km should be no prob for him.

But then, with the concussive forces, Cyclops should be able to juggle him indefinitely in the air, right?

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:49 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Aquaman is pretty good at jumping....0.5km should be no prob for him.

It wouldn't be, but It would leave him open to Cyclops blasting him out of the air, so it'd be a bad idea I think.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 04:50 PM
namorsubby

Aquaman

Original Human Torch
Namora

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:00 PM
namorsubby is currently offline Click here to Send namorsubby a Private Message Find more posts by namorsubby Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Lol...what's funny Pr?

Aquaman can close this distance instantly with a jump. he jumps over multi store buildings, 500 meters are nothing, even if Scott keeps moving.
In his first appearance in the NuDCU he jumped from the harbor to the center of the city seemingly in no time.
And he is faster than Scott.

Plus AQ, like Scott is a strategist, he won't just rush Scott like a brute if this doesn't bode well for him.
And of course AQ has supersenses, that make it even more difficult for Scott if he tries to outmanouever AQ.

It all comes down to whether Scott can hit Aquaman before he reaches him and even then Scott has to turn up the juice and hope it is enough to put down AQ.

Keep in mind that Black Manta, AQ's nemesis also uses optical blasts so AQ is more than used to these kinds of attacks.

Scott I believe has more powerful blasts , but Black Manta has his protective suit, designed to counter Aquaman.
Cyclops doesn't have this luxury.
If Aquaman gets close (which he always does against BM) it's over for Cyclops.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:05 PM
comicfan11 is currently offline Click here to Send comicfan11 a Private Message Find more posts by comicfan11 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by comicfan11
Aquaman can close this distance instantly with a jump. he jumps over multi store buildings, 500 meters are nothing, even if Scott keeps moving.
In his first appearance in the NuDCU he jumped from the harbor to the center of the city seemingly in no time.
And he is faster than Scott.

Plus AQ, like Scott is a strategist, he won't just rush Scott like a brute if this doesn't bode well for him.
And of course AQ has supersenses, that make it even more difficult for Scott if he tries to outmanouever AQ.

It all comes down to whether Scott can hit Aquaman before he reaches him and even then Scott has to turn up the juice and hope it is enough to put down AQ.

Keep in mind that Black Manta, AQ's nemesis also uses optical blasts so AQ is more than used to these kinds of attacks.

Scott I believe has more powerful blasts , but Black Manta has his protective suit, designed to counter Aquaman.
Cyclops doesn't have this luxury.
If Aquaman gets close (which he always does against BM) it's over for Cyclops.

Jumping would be a bad idea, as he won't be able to dodge or tank as well as he would on the ground.

While yes, his reflexes are superhuman, I don't know if they're fast enough to make him dodge everything Cyclops throws at him, especially considering Cyclops' crazy accuracy.

Manta's blasts aren't really the same, though. They seem to rely more on heat and concussive force combined, where-as cyclops' ones are pure concussive. that, and manta seems to prefer using his up close.

Manta is physically enhanced, so would naturally be able to last longer in a brawl than Cyclops, but Cyclops does have a small tactical advantage. Whether it would do him any good in a featureless environment, though, is something else.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:14 PM
comicfan11
Ocean's Heaviest Hitter

Jumping would be a bad idea, as he won't be able to dodge or tank as well as he would on the ground.

While yes, his reflexes are superhuman, I don't know if they're fast enough to make him dodge everything Cyclops throws at him, especially considering Cyclops' crazy accuracy.

Manta's blasts aren't really the same, though. They seem to rely more on heat and concussive force combined, where-as cyclops' ones are pure concussive. that, and manta seems to prefer using his up close.

Manta is physically enhanced, so would naturally be able to last longer in a brawl than Cyclops, but Cyclops does have a small tactical advantage. Whether it would do him any good in a featureless environment, though, is something else.

I agree with this.
What it comes down is whether AQ will close the gap quickly.
And how much AQ can tank

Overall I think Aquaman is quick enough and durable enough to take this.

Though he will certainly feel Cyclops's blasts more than Manta's

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:16 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by comicfan11
I agree with this.
What it comes down is whether AQ will close the gap quickly.
And how much AQ can tank

Overall I think Aquaman is quick enough and durable enough to take this.

Though he will certainly feel Cyclops's blasts more than Manta's

Pretty much. I'm sure he'll close the gap too.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:18 PM
Starscream M

Pretty much. I'm sure he'll close the gap too.
how could AM close the gap if cyke unleashes an omega blast?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:19 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Starscream M
how could AM close the gap if cyke unleashes an omega blast?

Cyclops won't.

And even if he did do an "off my lawn" blast, there's no guarantee it would put Aquaman down.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:20 PM
Starscream M

Cyclops won't.

And even if he did do an "off my lawn" blast, there's no guarantee it would put Aquaman down.
even if he goes for focused blast...I don't see AM being able to dodge them, so Cyke basically can keep AM at bay until he runs outta juice

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:22 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Starscream M
even if he goes for focused blast...I don't see AM being able to dodge them, so Cyke basically can keep AM at bay until he runs outta juice

Aquaman can dodge a few, and he can tank the rest, so it's going to be quite difficult for Cyclops to keep him back.

Aquaman has straight up tanked more powerful energy.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:23 PM
Starscream M

Aquaman can dodge a few, and he can tank the rest, so it's going to be quite difficult for Cyclops to keep him back.

Aquaman has straight up tanked more powerful energy.
if he gets too close, Cyke WILL unleash omega blast

so to me, AM can't win this fight given the handicap

Old Post Oct 20th, 2012 05:24 PM