KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Quicksilver vs Karate kid

Quicksilver vs Karate kid
Started by: rotiart

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Quicksilver vs Karate kid

Can quicksilvers speed save him from the kid

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 04:38 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

not a chance in hell for quick

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:08 AM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

QS 10/10

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:10 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

^ Seems reasonable.

Good fight.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:26 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Has KK ever fought anyone in QS league who primarily used their speed against him? I know he's fought Kryptonians and such, but have they blitzed him like QS will absolutely do?

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:32 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KingD19
Has KK ever fought anyone in QS league who primarily used their speed against him? I know he's fought Kryptonians and such, but have they blitzed him like QS will absolutely do?

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:42 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

RRRUUUUUUUU Ah?

Nice scans, and while it shows he can react to speed, we don't know precisely how fast that was, but they were still visible.

QS has hit Magneto at Mach 5 I think, and gone fast enough to cross half the world in a minute and a half. Also went to another continent and back in a split second.

Not saying KK can't react to those speeds, but QS speed feats have actual numbers, not just visual. But I have no info on KK, just asking.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:45 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Like this?

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...m/LSH111-14.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...m/LSH111-18.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y9...m/LSH111-19.jpg

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:49 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

RRRUUUUUUUU Ah?

Nice scans, and while it shows he can react to speed, we don't know precisely how fast that was, but they were still visible.

QS has hit Magneto at Mach 5 I think, and gone fast enough to cross half the world in a minute and a half. Also went to another continent and back in a split second.

Not saying KK can't react to those speeds, but QS speed feats have actual numbers, not just visual. But I have no info on KK, just asking.

Mon-el was going fast enough that val threw him in another solar system.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:50 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Basically, he redirected him and used his momentum against him. To BFR him out of the solar system or some crap like that - which shows how fast he was. Kinda like an extreme judo move lol.

These are some others, not as impressive, however, but just to show it won't be a KK stomp.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 05:51 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19

Nice. Isn't that last scan in QS's favor though? As he does nothing but move in Superspeed and won't slow down at all.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 06:18 AM
Senor Cage

quote:
Val vs. Don Allen, a descendant of the second Flash. Don's powers were temporary, but he and his sister Dawn were skilled enough to know Flash's cyclone-generation and vibrational-intangibility tricks--and fast enough that Superboy “couldn’t lay a hand on him”. Val manages to tag him twice and gets the upper hand--until Dawn steps in, anyway...

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 06:23 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Tornado Twins, who had Flashes super speed. He was outclassed in overall speed, but still managed to get in a few hits, and grab one of them by the shirt, which is consistent enough with Val's history to not be considered PIS. (The Twin he caught not simply phasing out of his grip, I attribute to lack of experience.)

He also spun Pre Crisis Superboy around like a top so fast, it knocked him out from vertigo.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 06:38 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nice. Isn't that last scan in QS's favor though? As he does nothing but move in Superspeed and won't slow down at all.

More like a point against QS, considering it was by changing speed modes suddenly that Ultra Boy faked him out, and caught him when he thought he could measure his strikes.

Last edited by cdtm on Oct 27th, 2012 at 06:43 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 06:41 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

A bit of both, as I just wanted to show that whilst KK wins, he won't stomp.

If KK gets cocky, and QS goes 'now watch as I use my Lightning kick', then headbutts him instead or something silly, then yes, it is conceivable that QS could knock him out.

On the other hand, when superspeed is explicitly used against him, he seems to do OK.

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 06:50 AM
Mindset

None of those people knew how to use their speed to fight as well as QS.
Originally posted by Mindset
QS 10/10

Deal with it.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 07:02 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by cdtm
Tornado Twins, who had Flashes super speed. He was outclassed in overall speed, but still managed to get in a few hits, and grab one of them by the shirt, which is consistent enough with Val's history to not be considered PIS. (The Twin he caught not simply phasing out of his grip, I attribute to lack of experience.)

He also spun Pre Crisis Superboy around like a top so fast, it knocked him out from vertigo.

He also dodged Validus's lightning, while Mon-El couldn't. thumb up

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 07:07 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Golgo13
He also dodged Validus's lightning, while Mon-El couldn't. thumb up

Even Chain Lightning Val (Modeled after Levitz Val, but I'd prefer to think it's not the same guy) dodged Wally West in speed force lightning form, while trying to draw him with a lightning rod. Still not fast enough to avoid Batmans fist of justice, of course. laughing

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 07:39 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

KK doesn't make rational sense. But it's so repeated, to the point of pretty much ONLY being portrayed as that uber, that it has to be treated as fact. With QS being a one-trick pony, and definitely able to be knocked out by someone of KK's caliber, I'd give Val a solid majority.

Last edited by Digi on Oct 27th, 2012 at 08:00 AM

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 07:57 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

Originally posted by Digi
KK doesn't make rational sense. But it's so repeated, to the point of pretty much ONLY being portrayed as that uber, that it has to be treated as fact. With QS being a one-trick pony, and definitely able to be knocked out by someone of KK's caliber, I'd give Val a solid majority.

thumb up

QS is fast but not nearly strong enough. KK will adapt and deal with his enemies Power more easily then with Ultraboys, who isn't just "fast".

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Oct 27th, 2012 08:15 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote