KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DC vs Marvel: The Companies

DC vs Marvel: The Companies
Started by: Mindship

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

DC vs Marvel: The Companies

Which comic book company outdoes the other in terms of hyperbole and one-upmanship?

1. Within a company
2. Between companies

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 06:40 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Here is who is better down to categories for me.

Comics: DC
Movies: Marvel
Games: Marvel (barely)
Animation: DC

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:13 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Odekahn
Here is who is better down to categories for me.

Games: Marvel (barely)
Animation: DC

I'd think Marvel easily took games, until recently. DC has upped their game. No pun. stick out tongue

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:38 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I'd say DC has overtaken Marvel in terms of games, as Marvel hasn't had many good games lately. Marvel Heroes is good, but it's no Arkham City.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
I'd say DC has overtaken Marvel in terms of games, as Marvel hasn't had many good games lately. Marvel Heroes is good, but it's no Arkham City.

What about tv/cartoons in general?

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:43 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Movies: Marvel(by a long shot)
Games: DC
Animation: Marvel

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:45 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Golgo13
What about tv/cartoons in general?

Lately? Marvel. In totality, DC.

DC's animation studios blow Marvel's stuff out of the water more often than not. The only real contender I've seen was EMH, and that got canned way before its time.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:48 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by -Pr-
Lately? Marvel. In totality, DC.

DC's animation studios blow Marvel's stuff out of the water more often than not. The only real contender I've seen was EMH, and that got canned way before its time.

I thought EMH got renewed? Counting all their short movies (All-Star, Under the Red Hood, etc...), not to mention Young Justice and GL, DC has Marvel beat in animation, plus all their animation shorts on Cartoon Network.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 07:50 PM
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Disney. (please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 08:13 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ColossusGrundy
Zatanna's body pillow

I have no favorite, but I am constantly glad to see the rivalry remain friendly between the two.

They have a great history together.

Top hat not required.

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 08:22 PM
ColossusGrundy is currently offline Click here to Send ColossusGrundy a Private Message Find more posts by ColossusGrundy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I thought EMH got renewed? Counting all their short movies (All-Star, Under the Red Hood, etc...), not to mention Young Justice and GL, DC has Marvel beat in animation, plus all their animation shorts on Cartoon Network.

If we're counting the animated movies, then yeah, DC wins.

I was speaking just about television.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 08:28 PM
Odekahn

I'd think Marvel easily took games, until recently. DC has upped their game. No pun. stick out tongue

Right. I said barely because of the batman games, and I must admit I really enjoyed green lantern rise of the manhunters and dcuo as well. But the xmen legends and ultimate alliance games were a wet dream to me. It's extremely close for me.

DCs animation is leagues better. EMH and Ultimate Spider-Man are great, and 90s xmen will always have a special place in my heart, but between DCs animated movies, GL TAS, young justice, justice league, batman TAS, etc. there's just really no contest.

You believe you are dealing with a mere mortal? Foolish is the man who knows not when a god stands before him...

Old Post Mar 2nd, 2013 08:34 PM
Odekahn is currently offline Click here to Send Odekahn a Private Message Find more posts by Odekahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Games: Don't Know
Animation: DC Stomps

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 01:40 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Comics: DC (through vertigo)
Movies: DC. Not sure how to do this actually, Marvel's only had 1 good movie the last 10 years and that was X-Men First class. It's my favourite of the bunch, but the dark knight trilogy is still 3 movies, which would make it 3 - 1 in favor of DC
Animation: lmfao, DC easy.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 01:44 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DragonRider19
Kurt Phucking Angle

Originally posted by curryman
Comics: DC (through vertigo)
Movies: DC. Not sure how to do this actually, Marvel's only had 1 good movie the last 10 years and that was X-Men First class. It's my favourite of the bunch, but the dark knight trilogy is still 3 movies, which would make it 3 - 1 in favor of DC
Animation: lmfao, DC easy.

You didn't like IM, IM 2, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Avengers, Any of the Spiderman?

The Ankle Butcher, Patriotic Entity,
Earths Mightiest Hero, KURT PHUCKING ANGLE.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 02:00 AM
DragonRider19 is currently offline Click here to Send DragonRider19 a Private Message Find more posts by DragonRider19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
curryman

Originally posted by armedforbattle
You didn't like IM, IM 2, Thor, Captain America, Hulk, Avengers, Any of the Spiderman?

I'm not sure why I set the 10 year limit actually laughing

First two spider-man and x-men movies were good, first class was good and I have a soft spot for the Punisher and the Bana Hulk was great.

On the other hand I have Watchmen, the first two Superman movies and the Dark Knight movies and not to mention the first two Batman movies!

Which puts DC ahead by big grin

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 02:12 AM
curryman is currently offline Click here to Send curryman a Private Message Find more posts by curryman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

To bad CN canned both Young Justice and Green Lantern for no reasoning.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 02:14 AM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyperion Prime

comics=Marvel
Movies=Marvel
Games=Marvel
Animation=DC in a huge azz stomp.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 02:15 AM
Hyperion Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Hyperion Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Hyperion Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

DC kicks the crap out of Marvel in animated movies that's for sure.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 02:36 AM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Odekahn

Marvel wins movies...

Good DC movies...
Superman 1 & 2
Nolan Bat Movies
V for Vendetta
Watchman
Green Lantern was good in parts. 20 mins of awesome throughout the fail.

Now for Marvel
Spider-Man 1 & 2
Xmen 1, 2, First Class
Thor
Captain America
Ironman
Blade 1, 2
Avengers
Punisher

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2013 02:52 AM