KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Flash (Barry) Vs Captain Marvel (Billy)

Flash (Barry) Vs Captain Marvel (Billy)
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Flash (Barry) Vs Captain Marvel (Billy)

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 08:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Billy

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 09:00 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Billy

How could Billy contend in the speed department?

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 09:09 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Depends on if this is Barry as we see him most of the times in comics or Speed Force extrapolation forum god mode Barry.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 09:17 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

thumb up
Pretty much

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 09:31 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Barry has the Speed Force, yes. So, how well does Billy do? Reasoning please.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 09:38 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Read Jakes post again

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:03 AM
Senor Cage

Just give some reasoning please.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:06 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

superior stats except speed (mostly durability) are the reason I give him an edge.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:09 AM
Senor Cage

Yes, Billy has the edge in strength and durability, but it's not like Flash's haven't beaten beings with superior stats such as those. Jay (slower speedster on average) managed to do well against Black Adam and gave him fits. Same as Wally with Mongul.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:11 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by JakeTheBank
Depends on if this is Barry as we see him most of the times in comics or Speed Force extrapolation forum god mode Barry.

This

His average is probably spliting with Diana, his cis makes him not as effective as he COULD be but it is what it is.

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:14 AM
Senor Cage

I'm thinking Speed Force will give Adam fits.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:18 AM
pym-ftw
Mizukage

probably, Billy will have hell trying to get a hand on Flash

I'm not Joking, Boy
53>6.6
My YouTube

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:27 AM
Senor Cage

Speed steal could work. Same with a speed force dump or just enough hits could eventually put him down.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:30 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Barry has never done a speed steal so why attribute that as his ability?
Billy was once asked by Wally if he had a connection to the speed force after they encountered. Clearly any speed advantage Barry may have isn't much or virtually insignificant since Wally has the better feats.
I fail to see how Barry is going to win when we've never seen him do anything that would put him anywhere near that capability. If it was Wally there would be reason for discussion on Flash's behalf. Since it's not it's a clear win for Cap.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:43 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by beatboks
Barry has never done a speed steal so why attribute that as his ability?
Billy was once asked by Wally if he had a connection to the speed force after they encountered. Clearly any speed advantage Barry may have isn't much or virtually insignificant since Wally has the better feats.
I fail to see how Barry is going to win when we've never seen him do anything that would put him anywhere near that capability. If it was Wally there would be reason for discussion on Flash's behalf. Since it's not it's a clear win for Cap.

Didn't he perform speed tricks when he was the avatar of the SF? IIRC, Geoff said Barry was the SF.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 10:47 AM
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by Golgo13
Didn't he perform speed tricks when he was the avatar of the SF? IIRC, Geoff said Barry was the SF.

The speed force comes from Barry, he is it's source. every step he makes creates the speed force. His origin was the creation of the speed force ( that then spread outward through time both backward and forward). He however has NEVER done anything with it but run. he has never speed stolen and wouldn't know how. The only ones who have used Speed steal are Wally and Jay.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 11:41 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

I remember the Jay Garrick/Black Adam fight. Jay tried to steal Adam's speed but it didn't really work. They were both running effortlessly at Mach 500. So fast normal people were statues.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 11:55 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Uriel005

Originally posted by pym-ftw
probably, Billy will have hell trying to get a hand on Flash
going by the covers if we take them from that point in time Barry due to speed force abuse... He was pretty active in its use considering he stopped himself from saving his mother.

Edit: whoops for some reason I was thinking the flashpoint title but regardless He was going even with zoom in that.

Last edited by Uriel005 on Jun 29th, 2013 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 12:39 PM
Uriel005 is currently offline Click here to Send Uriel005 a Private Message Find more posts by Uriel005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by KingD19
I remember the Jay Garrick/Black Adam fight. Jay tried to steal Adam's speed but it didn't really work. They were both running effortlessly at Mach 500. So fast normal people were statues.

Clearly you don't remember it.
1. It wasn't a fight, they were team mates and BA was helping Jay. They ran and BA only got as fast as mach 500 while Jay reached light speed ( it was at mach 500 that BA fell away from Jay and was no longer in the shot and he collapsed shortly afterward).
2. Jay DID steal his speed which was how he broke the time barrier ( the whole point of them running in the first place) and then went back to ancient Egypt to Adam and Nabu at an earlier age.
3. Jay has also stolen Superman's speed as well.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2013 01:07 PM