KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto Vs A Celestial*

Magneto Vs A Celestial*
Started by: MF DELPH

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Magneto Vs A Celestial*

Magneto discovers a random nameless Celestial standing in the Savage Land. The Celestial is 5000 ft tall and seemingly dormant as it is communing with other Celestials via hyperspace. Can Magneto incapacitate the Celestial before it becomes active? If not, can Magneto do enough damage so that when the Celestial does become active he can still press his advantage.

For this thread Magneto has 10 minutes to cut loose on the Celestial before it notices his presence and retaliates.

Discuss.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 04:34 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WhiteWitchKing

No. Magneto might die because the Celestial's body auto blast him.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 04:59 PM
WhiteWitchKing is currently offline Click here to Send WhiteWitchKing a Private Message Find more posts by WhiteWitchKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

What if Mags creates space-bullets(similar to the one Kitty was trapped in) out of the earth's supply of adamantium, then accelerates them to near-light speeds before dropping them on the Celestial's dome-piece..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 05:08 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yaadaveyaa

if he gets access to the materials he needs he could do some real damage i dont think he can take it down tho

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 05:59 PM
yaadaveyaa is currently offline Click here to Send yaadaveyaa a Private Message Find more posts by yaadaveyaa Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

If Magneto can make a dent it'd really demonstrate how far Celestials have fallen

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 09:17 PM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

They're multiversal beings. Even if he decapitates one of their aspects there's an infinite number more out there. If the Celestial cared about killing Magneto, he'd be vaporized in an instant.

And phuckin' Marvel is all over the place with the Celestials anyway. At this point, the best thing to do is just kill them all off, wait a few years and reboot them.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 09:32 PM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.SunKing

Re: Magneto Vs A Celestial*

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Magneto discovers a random nameless Celestial standing in the Savage Land. The Celestial is 5000 ft tall and seemingly dormant as it is communing with other Celestials via hyperspace. Can Magneto incapacitate the Celestial before it becomes active? If not, can Magneto do enough damage so that when the Celestial does become active he can still press his advantage.

For this thread Magneto has 10 minutes to cut loose on the Celestial before it notices his presence and retaliates.

Discuss.

true, but this literally made me LOL.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2013 11:10 PM
Mr.SunKing is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.SunKing a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.SunKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by Galan007
What if Mags creates space-bullets(similar to the one Kitty was trapped in) out of the earth's supply of adamantium, then accelerates them to near-light speeds before dropping them on the Celestial's dome-piece..?

Unless you're backhandedly implying that Magneto can channel some sort of weakness exploitation in these gargantuan "space-bullets" like Sue's forcefields or Jarnbjorn's enchantment, then I simply don't see how he'll be able to inflict sufficient damage to kill or permanently incapacitate the Celestial.

Anyways, for the purposes of this thread, Magneto can indeed manipulate the armor of an immobile Celestial that's unaware of what's happening to itself. And yes, I am serious when I say that, because it's happened on-panel with one of the most powerful Celestials known in canon. I am talking to you, Cogito. Celestials haven't "fallen" anywhere, it's just that Marvel editorial can simply not decide where they fall in the cosmological hierarchy. They go from getting killed by random entropy guns and enchanted axes in some particular comics to staggering Galactus-level universal reality warpers and being multiversal entities in other comics.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:00 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by TheGodKiller
Unless you're backhandedly implying that Magneto can channel some sort of weakness exploitation in these gargantuan "space-bullets" like Sue's forcefields or Jarnbjorn's enchantment, then I simply don't see how he'll be able to inflict sufficient damage to kill or permanently incapacitate the Celestial.
What's with you?

I posed a simple/up-front question in plain English. I wasn't "backhandedly implying" anything. Just wondering if a giant space-bullet traveling at c could cause any damage to a no-name Celestial. That is literally all I asked.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:06 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by zopzop
They're multiversal beings. Even if he decapitates one of their aspects there's an infinite number more out there.

You're still confusing Pak's portrayal, aren't you? The Celestials don't have any individual aspects, such that all the Arishems of parallel universes are merely bits and pieces of one true Arishem.

No, that's not what that scan says. Arishem, Tiamut, Ziran, Tefral, Nezzar, Ashema etc. all ARE the aspects one true Celestial that is linked across the multiverse.

Let me explain it this way: imagine that you're Earth-616 zopzop. Naturally you would have a counterpart in Earth-12495, who, for the purposes of this example, shall be called flopflop. That's what the Celestials are to each other, according to Pak. Tiamut is like the alternate reality counterpart of Ziran, and all Celestials represent one single original Celestial that exists across the multiverse. Got it now?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:13 AM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Merlyn
Order Of...

What's with you?

I posed a simple/up-front question in plain English. I wasn't "backhandedly implying" anything. Just wondering if a giant space-bullet traveling at c could cause any damage to a no-name Celestial. That is literally all I asked.
If a hammer strike from Thor can damage a Celestial, then of course a few thousand pound(?) adamantium bullet moving at light speed could damage one. To what extent is hard to say though.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:13 AM
Merlyn is currently offline Click here to Send Merlyn a Private Message Find more posts by Merlyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

What's with you?

I swear on my dead great-great...-great-grandfather's grave, there was no hostility intended in that post.

I asked an honest-to-god(that I don't believe in) question. No need to get defensive, duder.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:15 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Tiamut is like the alternate reality counterpart of Ziran, and all Celestials represent one single original Celestial that exists across the multiverse. Got it now?

Yes, the Celestials are multiversal. I get it. Next......

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:16 AM
zopzop is online now! Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by zopzop
Yes, the Celestials are multiversal. I get it. Next......

Which means that Tiamut getting killed is Tiamut getting killed. Tiamut doesn't automatically remain alive, simply because he's the analogue of an alternate reality counterpart for other Celestials.

If someone kills Earht-616 zopzop while Earth-12495 flopflop remains alive, then that doesn't mean that Earth-616 zopzop is also still alive. See where I am getting at?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:19 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Which means that Tiamut getting killed is Tiamut getting killed. Tiamut doesn't automatically remain alive, simply because he's the analogue of an alternate reality counterpart for other Celestials.

If someone kills Earht-616 zopzop while Earth-12495 flopflop remains alive, then that doesn't mean that Earth-616 zopzop is also still alive. See where I am getting at?

But he's not dead because he's merely a part of a greater whole. There really is no Tiamut or Ziran or whatever. They are merely aspects of a greater being.

Celestials are multiversal.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:31 AM
carver9

I guess people forgot about Magneto recent showing against a Celestial?

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 03:33 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JakeTheBank
Return of the King

Where he acted as a nervous system for it or whatever?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 05:14 AM
JakeTheBank is currently offline Click here to Send JakeTheBank a Private Message Find more posts by JakeTheBank Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

When he forcefully put one back together with ease.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 05:42 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Merlyn
If a hammer strike from Thor can damage a Celestial, then of course a few thousand pound(?) adamantium bullet moving at light speed could damage one. To what extent is hard to say though.
That's kind of what I was thinking as well.

I swear on my dead great-great...-great-grandfather's grave, there was no hostility intended in that post.

I asked an honest-to-god(that I don't believe in) question. No need to get defensive, duder.
laughing out loud I believe you, then.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2013 02:24 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Originally posted by carver9
When he forcefully put one back together with ease.

That Celestial was in Mr Sinister's control, and Mr Sinister himself was actively warping reality in some other place. Magneto put back a Celestial that didn't even know what Magneto was doing.

Old Post Jul 4th, 2013 07:30 AM