KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Gog & Doomsday Vs Loki & Bor

Gog & Doomsday Vs Loki & Bor
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Gog & Doomsday Vs Loki & Bor

Old Post Jul 8th, 2013 10:45 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SevenShackles
Missa pro defunctis

So Gog and doomsday from that comic or old man Gog and good guy doomsday from that comic? The last two are a little hard to judge.

GAMMA GIDEON

Respect: -Dynamo 5 -Greed -Noh-Varr/Marvel Boy

Old Post Jul 8th, 2013 11:36 PM
SevenShackles is currently offline Click here to Send SevenShackles a Private Message Find more posts by SevenShackles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

All I know is that version of DD was weaksauce. Took him decadeS to punch through 1 mile of granite:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/161..._js_22.jpg.html

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jul 8th, 2013 11:39 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

but that gog could pull an infinite number of himselves from the time stream. and though he wasn't as powerful as superman, he was capable of learning and becoming more powerful as he went back and learned. his army of selves battled the supermen and doomsday for what, a 100 years or something, while the TRUE gog tortured the true superman? i don't see any way the asgardians can win against a powerset like gog's unless they can somehow meddle with the time stream, and even then it would only be speculation. gog's power actually WAS a broken power.

but yeah, wtf was up with that dd and that granite? this was supposed to be the ultimate form or something, and he certainly seemed to be, by hi talk, at LEAST superman level.....

Old Post Jul 8th, 2013 11:45 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

While it may not make a lot of sense, technically all Gogs(even the one who stalemated Infinity Man in JSA) are the same guy: William Matthews.

I know. That version of DD should have been far and away superior to any other version we've seen, but 20+ years to punch through 1 mile of granite? I can't believe any writer would be dumb enough to put that in a comic.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 8th, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Old Post Jul 8th, 2013 11:55 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, i knew it was matthews, but i couldn't recall why he was so much less powerful than he was in the jsa, and why his powerset was shown to be so different. was it ever explained, or am i just forgetting...?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2013 11:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It was never explained. I can only assume the vast difference in power application had to do with the 200 years of prep that Gog gave himself before he started the war:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/161..._js_06.jpg.html

Why there was such an enormous difference between the Gogs from a physical standpoint was never expanded on, though. I chalk it up solely to writers trying to cram 20 pounds of crap in a 5 pound bag. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jul 9th, 2013 at 12:07 AM

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 12:02 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
While it may not make a lot of sense, technically all Gogs(even the one who stalemated Infinity Man in JSA) are the same guy: William Matthews.

I know. That version of DD should have been far and away superior to any other version we've seen, but 20+ years to punch through 1 mile of granite? I can't believe any writer would be dumb enough to put that in a comic.

Chuck austen for ya.

Old Post Jul 9th, 2013 07:42 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by abhilegend
Chuck austen for ya.
Does it really matter ? People don't typically read stories for battle boards.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 03:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by abhilegend
Chuck austen for ya.

Austen had a decent start in his X-Men run. But, yeah, that was retarded.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:15 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Golgo13
Austen had a decent start in his X-Men run. But, yeah, that was retarded.
It isn't always about the feats. Maybe it is to you not to me.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:37 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by leonidas
but that gog could pull an infinite number of himselves from the time stream. and though he wasn't as powerful as superman, he was capable of learning and becoming more powerful as he went back and learned. his army of selves battled the supermen and doomsday for what, a 100 years or something, while the TRUE gog tortured the true superman? i don't see any way the asgardians can win against a powerset like gog's unless they can somehow meddle with the time stream, and even then it would only be speculation. gog's power actually WAS a broken power.

but yeah, wtf was up with that dd and that granite? this was supposed to be the ultimate form or something, and he certainly seemed to be, by hi talk, at LEAST superman level.....

I always found that impressive. thumb up

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 07:41 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Can't Gog just summon an infinite amount of clones through the the time stream? Even if Bor could like one-shot a Gog, he could always just bring them on indefinitely.

Although Bor had mystical abilities such as when he cursed and banished the Disir and Loki is well Loki, he can do almost anything. So I guess it comes down to if they can use their magic to counter Gog before he wears them down?

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 08:06 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Can't Gog just summon an infinite amount of clones through the the time stream? Even if Bor could like one-shot a Gog, he could always just bring them on indefinitely.

Although Bor had mystical abilities such as when he cursed and banished the Disir and Loki is well Loki, he can do almost anything. So I guess it comes down to if they can use their magic to counter Gog before he wears them down?
I'm confused too, is this even allowed

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 08:56 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Seems like that would violate the "no outside help" rule. /shrug

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 09:00 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by xJLxKing
No.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 10:44 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Galan007
Seems like that would violate the "no outside help" rule. /shrug

you mean summoning other gog's? if so, i'd disagree only because that was his demonstrated powerset. be like saying madrox couldn't summon his dupes.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 11:04 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by leonidas
you mean summoning other gog's? if so, i'd disagree only because that was his demonstrated powerset. be like saying madrox couldn't summon his dupes.
He can't summon a million. There has to be a limit aka how many he summoned while in battle seems fair.

Old Post Jul 10th, 2013 11:07 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by xJLxKing

Probably not, but he has displayed this in his power set.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2013 03:49 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Golgo13
Probably not, but he has displayed this in his power set.
No limits fallacy.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2013 04:06 AM