KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thor/Superman/Surfer vs Lanterns

Thor/Superman/Surfer vs Lanterns
Started by: carver9

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carver9

Thor/Superman/Surfer vs Lanterns

This is Pre Reboot versions of all.

Sinestro
Kyle
Hal
Stewart

Yes, it's 3 against 4. Can the main 3 pull a majority against the ring wielders? Someone is getting double teamed; can they hold out until their comrades defeat their respective foe?

No bfring. Go!!!

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 07:38 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I've actually seen Superman beat each individual GL sans Hal.

Sinestro, a Pre-DOS Superman pretty easily beat him before Sinestro used bystanders to get away in Mark Waid's SILVER AGE story.

Kyle? Superman made him look like nothing during KING OF THE WORLD, and during LAST LAUGH, Kyle's id tried to kill Superman with an all-out blast, Superman straight-up walked through it and stopped him. Also saw Superman simultaneously KO Kyle and Batman, but that might've been a simultaneous sucker punch from a possessed Superman(just saw a scan a friend posted trolling both a GL fanboy and a Batman fanboy who both needed to be put in their places).

Hal? Haven't seen Superman beat him(just heard Superman has a W over Hal), but Superman gave a very respectable performance against a Parallax Hal amped with Kyle's Power Ring, and Superman apparently holding back was controlling his fight with Hal until Hal came back to his senses, in a fight that Hal started off with a sucker "punch." So I can definitely see a serious Superman beating him.

John? Far as I know, John's record against Superman is 1-2, and his one win was attacking the eyes of an off-guard Superman. Superman's wins are far more impressive(breaking John's construct with such force, the feedback KOed John, and humiliating John and a team of Top-Tiers while Superman was weakened). I don't see John having a good chance in a VS scenario where he doesn't get a sucker "punch."

Out of the numerous fights I've seen of Superman vs Power Ring wielders, Superman almost always looks superior and actually has only looked bad if he were hit with a sneak attack, or it's far more than just a GL like Parallax or Cyborg-Superman with 10 Power Rings.

I can see Superman making quick work of anybody he faces, and still winning even if he's double teamed. At worst, Surfer and Thor will be able to stalemate their opponents long enough for back-up.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 07:57 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Surfer solos, imo.

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 07:59 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

quote: (post)
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer solos, imo.
no

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:01 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Delta1938
no

yes

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:02 PM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Surfer isn't soloing four Lanterns. Don't be daft.

Either team can win, imo. Edging it to team one, though.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:03 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

yes

Silver Surfer is the only team 1 member to get KOed. devil

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:05 PM
janus77
Banana Genius

Originally posted by Delta1938
Silver Surfer is the only team 1 member to get KOed. devil

Nah, you're thinking of Thor, he's the one with the hammer and the brain damage.

Surfer's > than any of the GLs, much more power and versatility.

He could just dump the lot of them on the Astral plane or switch them off with a psi attack.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:08 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nah, you're thinking of Thor, he's the one with the hammer and the brain damage.

He could just dump the lot of them on the Astral plane or switch them off with a psi attack.

Yeah, because they totally have no defence against that... Oh wait, they do.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:08 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Last I was aware, Surfer was more prone to being KOed than Thor.

I don't see a problem with arguing Surfer beating a single GL(or equivalent), but it's fanboyish to say he solos 4 of them. If it were cannon fodder No-Names or even B-List established Lanterns that'd be one thing, but we're talking 4 of the best.

And Pr said what else was needed.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:13 PM
iceman24567

Surfer solos, imo.
This guy erm

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 08:58 PM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by iceman24567
This guy erm

no

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 09:04 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Team 1.

LoL@anyone soloing

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 09:16 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by Zack Fair
Team 1.

LoL@anyone soloing

I've definitely seen stuff that shows Superman could solo them. Likely? Eh. Can? Yes.

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 09:23 PM
Zack Fair
Fanboy

I don't see that happening. Only way it could happen if he blitzes and steals their rings IMHO.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 09:23 PM
Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Team 1.

LoL@anyone soloing

Thor soloes with thunder fart

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 09:52 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Delta1938
True King of House of El

I don't see that happening. Only way it could happen if he blitzes and steals their rings IMHO.

While weakened.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/D...> nergy%20Drain

There's quite a few examples of him fighting smarter while facing teams.

EDIT: confused The link is complete when I go to edit, but once it's a post it's messed up.

Last edited by Delta1938 on Jan 21st, 2014 at 10:09 PM

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 09:56 PM
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

^ error "Sorry, the requested page does not exist"

mad

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 09:59 PM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

There we have it. Thor, Surfer, or Superman solos.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 10:00 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
^ error "Sorry, the requested page does not exist"

mad
I think he's saying Superman's never done it in a subtle way?

Old Post Jan 21st, 2014 10:01 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote