KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Midnighter & Karate Kid Vs Mantis & Gamora

Midnighter & Karate Kid Vs Mantis & Gamora
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Midnighter & Karate Kid Vs Mantis & Gamora

Which duo? The men or the women?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 02:51 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TrevorPhillipss
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Men, quite easily

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 02:56 AM
TrevorPhillipss is currently offline Click here to Send TrevorPhillipss a Private Message Find more posts by TrevorPhillipss Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

T2

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 03:56 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Any reasoning?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 03:58 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Would Midnighter be able to overcome the strength advantage that Gamora has on him?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 09:21 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Stoic
Would Midnighter be able to overcome the strength advantage that Gamora has on him?

Definitely. Zealot's stronger, and he more then held his own.

My opinion of Gamora in a nutshell: Nothing special on the speed front, can strike above her weight class, and sketchy durability with a few insane highs.. Basically, the main question is how much can she take?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 09:29 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Maybe I'm wanking too hard but I honestly think that Val is enough to take on both members of team two. Then again, I don't really know that much about Mantis or her feats. Can someone please post scans of Mantis' feats and skills so that I can properly judge which team should win?

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 09:57 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Are we using the version of Karate Kid that was (according to abhilegend) stalemated by Batman?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 10:21 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by Silent Master
Are we using the version of Karate Kid that was (according to abhilegend) stalemated by Batman?

Trust me when I say this. Precrisis.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 10:32 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

shut it carver. This is 3 boot val.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 10:48 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by deathslash
Maybe I'm wanking too hard but I honestly think that Val is enough to take on both members of team two. Then again, I don't really know that much about Mantis or her feats. Can someone please post scans of Mantis' feats and skills so that I can properly judge which team should win?

Well, from what I've read some of her better feats include:

KOing Thor via sneak attack.

Sweeping Obliterator off his feet and knocking him down with a swift kick to the head (Which only stalled him, but didn't really hurt him)

Saving someone that had a shotgun fired at them at point blank range, by racing across a field and beating the shot to their target.

Most impressive is probably takeing an energy attack from Thanos, and just riding it out like she's surfing a wave, and lands on her feet unharmed.

I think Dr. Strange also claimed he used a technique from Mantis to track a herald and blast him out of the sky (I think it was Air Walker or Nova)

She's well above even the likes of Midnighter or Iron Fist, in my opinion.

But I agree Val's still a notch better.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2014 10:49 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Is this strictly h2h or does Mantis get to use her telepathy and such?

Cause if so that's a fairly big advantage right there, seeing as we've seen her using it simultaneously with beating people down.

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 12:12 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

True

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 03:39 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

This is a hth battle. Mantis went cosmic once, but this isn't a power battle.

Also, WS Midnighter.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2014 04:57 AM