KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » DCNU Aquaman VS Luke Cage NOW

DCNU Aquaman VS Luke Cage NOW
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

DCNU Aquaman VS Luke Cage NOW

Aquaman-DCNU

VS

Luke Cage

Cage or Curry?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:43 PM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Arthur get his trident? He wins.

Without it gets a lot closer.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:46 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Arthur stomps.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 04:48 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8swords

quote: (post)
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Arthur get his trident? He wins.

Without it gets a lot closer.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:18 PM
8swords is currently offline Click here to Send 8swords a Private Message Find more posts by 8swords Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

AQ

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 05:23 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Arthur destroys, with or without the trident.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 06:12 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Arthur destroys, with or without the trident.
apparently someone hasn't seen Cage's recent fight with Proxima Midnight. whistle Cage loses but he has a vast history of fighting and doing very well against characters that are out of his strength class.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 07:42 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Aquaman, the vastly superior being to Superman? I'd give it to him...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:05 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by deathslash
apparently someone hasn't seen Cage's recent fight with Proxima Midnight. whistle Cage loses but he has a vast history of fighting and doing very well against characters that are out of his strength class.

What was so impressive about that fight..? Proxima is not top tier in str and dur...

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:07 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
God Cloth Seiya

Aquaman stomps

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:09 PM
God Cloth Seiya is currently offline Click here to Send God Cloth Seiya a Private Message Find more posts by God Cloth Seiya Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Originally posted by deathslash

Yeah, if Proxima slugged it out with Arthur the way she did with Cage, she'd get destroyed too. I'm guessing you didn't see Aquaman chopping up the Karaqan, or any of the dozens of other feats he's been accumulating in the DCnU

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:20 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SamZED

AM is class 100+.
Cage isn't anywhere close to that.

Azula: My mommy didn't love me so I'm going to burn down your village.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:33 PM
SamZED is currently offline Click here to Send SamZED a Private Message Find more posts by SamZED Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
What was so impressive about that fight..? Proxima is not top tier in str and dur...

Neither is Aquaman. Unless you're saying that he is on Thor, Superman, and Silver Surfer's level. Cage does well. He loses, but he puts up some numbers.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 08:57 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Originally posted by SamZED
AM is class 100+.
Cage isn't anywhere close to that.
durability wise he could be, Bendis seems to think Cage is atleast.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:02 PM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Yeah, if Proxima slugged it out with Arthur the way she did with Cage, she'd get destroyed too. I'm guessing you didn't see Aquaman chopping up the Karaqan, or any of the dozens of other feats he's been accumulating in the DCnU
I did see that feat, I've been one of Aquaman's biggest supporters since the new 52 started and I even acknowledged that Cage loses. I'm just saying that Cage doesn't go down without some semblance of a fight. Historically speaking, Cage has fought characters well out of his class and done very well against them. I don't think Cage wins, but I do think that he has the potential to put up a nice fight.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:29 PM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Cage being able to give Aquaman a good fight is hardly a knock against Arthur. As a matter of fact, I'd argue it's exactly what would happen if we go by some of his higher end portrayals such as under Bendis.

He was able to slug it out with Jen and even though she let him, it still required strength to knock her out. In that same book, IIRC he even -barely- survived a Nuclear Bomb. He also put up a fight against Namor underwater before being beaten. Didn't he also slug it out with Ben?

It's Aquaman people, not Superman.

I also don't know why people bring up Proxima like it was a bad thing? Slugging it out with someone -who casually jumped down to Earth from orbit unharmed- with such force they were rocking New York City is right up there with what would be considered a great feat for Aquaman.

Last edited by Rage.Of.Olympus on Apr 14th, 2014 at 09:39 PM

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 09:33 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by carver9
Arthur stomps.

thumb up

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 10:36 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Stoic
Neither is Aquaman. Unless you're saying that he is on Thor, Superman, and Silver Surfer's level. Cage does well. He loses, but he puts up some numbers.

You're putting words in my mouth.. I asked my question because it seemed like Proxima was being touted as something special when it came to strength and durability...

Which bring us to your statement. It doesn't really add anything to the thread. Now can you explain to me where you were trying to go with it?

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:17 PM
Stoic
Avenger

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
You're putting words in my mouth.. I asked my question because it seemed like Proxima was being touted as something special when it came to strength and durability...

Which bring us to your statement. It doesn't really add anything to the thread. Now can you explain to me where you were trying to go with it?

I said that Aquaman isn't a top tier in strength or dur... as well. Now Proxima from her showings would not be destroyed by Aquaman either.I don't see where I put any words in your mouth. You made a statement. Not just a question.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:32 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Stoic
I said that Aquaman isn't a top tier in strength or dur... as well. Now Proxima from her showings would not be destroyed by Aquaman either.I don't see where I put any words in your mouth. You made a statement. Not just a question.

Well it was obvious that statement was used merely in support of my question. That post was still basically one question.

Old Post Apr 14th, 2014 11:39 PM