KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Galactus with Cosmic Cube vs. Thanos with IG

Galactus with Cosmic Cube vs. Thanos with IG
Started by: KuRuPT Thanosi

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
KuRuPT Thanosi

Galactus with Cosmic Cube vs. Thanos with IG

who wins this big boy battle..

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 03:53 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Galactus (also, visit the movie vs forum Kurupt...you might want to read a Lil something something that is being posted there).

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 03:54 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Thanos with IG wins.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 03:55 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Thanos stomps

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 04:13 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Let's look at it this way :
An INCOMPLETE IG instantly accomplished a feat FIVE CCUs couldn't do in several hours.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 04:21 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Yes... but wouldn't Galactus with a Cube be able to do a lot more than Magus with one

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 04:45 PM
KuRuPT Thanosi is currently offline Click here to Send KuRuPT Thanosi a Private Message Find more posts by KuRuPT Thanosi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

quote: (post)
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Yes... but wouldn't Galactus with a Cube be able to do a lot more than Magus with one

Possibly, but we have no way to know for certain. The cubes varies greatly in power and Galactus own power will (atleast from the way I understand the cubes) not have any impact on the cube.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 06:19 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

Well, it's debatable that the Cosmic Cube could even give him any additional boost in power beyond what the Power Cosmic supplements. Especially when one considers how Galactus' mere presence can produce the same effects as the Cube aka reality warping.

The IG is clearly above both Galactus and the Cosmic Cube, and a combination of the 2 ain't putting it down.
Originally posted by carver9
Galactus

laughing out loud

Read Infinity Gauntlet, you ignorant quack.

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 06:21 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Oddly enough, the Cubes have shown a far greater scope of influence than Thanos /w/ IG did. Nevertheless, in a battle Thanos /w/ IG would spite-stomp a Cube-wielder every single time. Not even debatable.

And aside from what TGK mentioned regarding the universe-merging feat, we also have Surfer outright stating that the IG>>>CCUs:
http://i.imgur.com/Lh2tX3I.jpg

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 07:27 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KuRuPT Thanosi

Originally posted by Galan007
Oddly enough, the Cubes have shown a far greater scope of influence than Thanos /w/ IG did. Nevertheless, in a battle Thanos /w/ IG would spite-stomp a Cube-wielder every single time. Not even debatable.

And aside from what TGK mentioned regarding the universe-merging feat, we also have Surfer outright stating that the IG>>>CCUs:
http://i.imgur.com/Lh2tX3I.jpg

Not that I disagree with your overall sentiment big buddy.. But I'm curious... if you feel like the cube has shown a far greater scope of influence and has feats beyond what Thanos with the IG has shown... How do you reconcile that with the IG then spite stomping it?

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 07:42 PM
Mr Master

If Galactus had a CCU and for whatever reason was able to harness it fully, he'd be a monster. ... God.

That said, he gets stomped. On Panel IG > CCU/s ... (levels of infinity cop-out ftw)

The Goddess's "will" was stronger than both Warlock and Magus.
Pus, ... Goddess had 30 CCUs and was going to use every sentience in the galaxy to boost her formidable Will.

Starlin had the Goddess out to conquer "All Realities" with the 30 CCUs!

(please log in to view the image)

(please log in to view the image)

... and as Galan presented in the scan above ...

Yet ... Starlin was clear:

"Experience has shown that the CCUs are Nearly all powerful but Not quite!

The Infinity Gems are a FAR More Potent Force.
"

-------------------------------------------------

Yall ask, Why would the Cosmic Egg be able to conquer "all universeS" (all/everything that matters)
and Thanos/IG only took over one universe (the prime one) 616, Yet Starlin puts the IG > CCUs?

Context my friends. They had different goals, simple. (Thanos visited other universes so he wasn't stuck in 616)
It's not that Thanos couldn't, it's that Thanos didn't want to. (a scene literally portrayed on panel with the LT)
Demonstrated best in this very scene regarding the Goddess by the same Writer of both arcs. (Jim Starlin)

Last edited by Mr Master on Jun 10th, 2014 at 07:52 PM

Old Post Jun 10th, 2014 07:47 PM
Mr Master is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Master a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DTM

Pretty sure Galactus is more powerful than a CC, so it would only give him a bit of a boost and thats that. Thanos with the IG was able to defeat Galactus, about 10 other Cosmics, and Eternity, with Ease. This match is solidly one sided, Thanos stomps.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 09:09 AM
DTM is currently offline Click here to Send DTM a Private Message Find more posts by DTM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Not that I disagree with your overall sentiment big buddy.. But I'm curious... if you feel like the cube has shown a far greater scope of influence and has feats beyond what Thanos with the IG has shown... How do you reconcile that with the IG then spite stomping it?
thanos /w/ IG demonstrated multi-universal scope influence, whereas CCUs have demonstrated omniversal+ range.

that said, the IG still made its user the undisputed GOD of reality(beneath TOAA and those who directly represent his power, of course.) so essentially, the CCU may be able to influence/warp the omniverse+, but try to use it against, say, 616 thanos when he held the IG, and the former will get trumped every single time. the 'levels of infinity' concept plays a huge role in understanding why/how one all-powerful artifact can be superior to another all-powerful artifact.

furthermore, starlin made his stance clear during "infinity crusade", when he outright confirmed the IG>>>>CCUs(scan posted above.)

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 04:24 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

IG has multiversal feats. Magus was merging a corrupted shadow universe with 616 using his 5 CCUs but the process was very slow. When he obtained an INCOMPLETE IG (missing the Reality Gem, even) he could accomplish the merger instantly.

The latest showings of IG implying it's "only" universal are seriously underestimating its true power, and are in contradiction of its previously established status and power level.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 04:53 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ that wasn't a multiversal feat in the literal sense--that was a multi-universal feat. the former nomenclature suggests that he manipulated an infinite amounts of universes, which he did not.

'multi-universal' is better suited to the feat he preformed. smile

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 04:55 PM
Magnon

Well then, allow me to reformulate:

An incomplete IG performed a multi-universal feat much faster and more efficiently than 5 CCUs put together. smile

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 06:02 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^ that wasn't a multiversal feat in the literal sense--that was a multi-universal feat.

Multiverse means multiple universes. Implying that a collection of multiverses can only be classified as a multiverse if it consists of infinite universes is dumb. Or stupid. Or both dumb and stupid.

Someone needs to read a dictionary.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 06:17 PM
TheGodKiller02 is currently offline Click here to Send TheGodKiller02 a Private Message Find more posts by TheGodKiller02 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ or maybe you should stop acting like a cocky prick with a chip on your shoulder and recall how marvel comics defines a multiverse, because that is the specific terminology being referenced in this thread. that said, i can assure you they define it as 'a collection of infinite universes/dimensions'. smile

lol @ referring to a 'dictionary', though. that made me chuckle. thumb up

Last edited by Galan007 on Jun 14th, 2014 at 06:26 PM

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 06:23 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by Magnon
Well then, allow me to reformulate:

An incomplete IG performed a multi-universal feat much faster and more efficiently than 5 CCUs put together. smile
absolutely. thumb up

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 06:28 PM
TheGodKiller02
True Killer

^ or maybe you should stop acting like a cocky prick with a chip on your shoulder and recall how marvel comics defines a multiverse, because that is the specific terminology being referenced in this thread. that said, i can assure you they define it as 'a collection of infinite universes/dimensions'. smile

lol @ referring to a 'dictionary', though. that made me chuckle. thumb up

You're getting riled up for no reason whatsoever.

Calm down, then we can continue with the discussion.

Old Post Jun 14th, 2014 06:29 PM