KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Authority VS The Avengers

The Authority VS The Avengers
Started by: LordofBrooklyn

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordofBrooklyn

The Authority VS The Avengers

The Authority- Wildstorm

1. The Doctor
2. Jenny Sparks
3. Apollo
4. Engineer
5. The Midnighter
6. Jack Hawksmoor
7. The High

The Avengers

1. Doctor Strange
2. Starbrand
3. Thor
4. Captain Marvel
5. Black Panther
6. Captain America
7. Wonder Man

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 03:36 AM
LordofBrooklyn is currently offline Click here to Send LordofBrooklyn a Private Message Find more posts by LordofBrooklyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AsbestosFlaygon
The Original One

The Doctor and Jenny Sparks.

"Farewell, Damos... Ash, Pikachu... And you. All of my beloved." -- Arceus

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 04:31 AM
AsbestosFlaygon is currently offline Click here to Send AsbestosFlaygon a Private Message Find more posts by AsbestosFlaygon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Havent seen this old chestnut in years.

Avengers.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:22 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Authority.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:28 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

Jenny Sparks wasn't as broken as Quantum right?
Avengers might have a chance

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:35 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

The Doctor solos.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:42 AM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Might?
Haha.

Avengers are on a higher level of power.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:43 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dial J for Josh

...Why did I think this was going to be a troll thread where you were going to put an Avengers squad against; Triple H, Stephanie McMahon, Randy Orton, Kane and Seth Rollins.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 07:54 AM
dial J for Josh is currently offline Click here to Send dial J for Josh a Private Message Find more posts by dial J for Josh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Avengers may be higher level (debatable), but the Authority go for the kill. As in, sure, Strange is more powerful than Jenny....but he'd try restraining her.

She'd fry his brain at the get go.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 08:08 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Warlord
Yes, I am...

can the Doctor solo?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 08:17 AM
Warlord is currently offline Click here to Send Warlord a Private Message Find more posts by Warlord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
but the Authority go for the kill.

Dang it, i wish it hadnt been you.

I called this an old chestnut and i meant it.
At the height of AuthorityMania everyone's go to point was "OMG the Authority are so powerful and are willing to KILL!"

I said it at the turn of the century and i say it now:

So?

85% of the villains any hero faces are powerful and willing to kill.

The Authority's a cool team and all, but no matter how many Avenger clones they anally abuse with construction tools, they arent THE Avengers.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 09:57 AM
Enzeru

Originally posted by riv6672
The Authority's a cool team and all, but no matter how many Avenger clones they anally abuse with construction tools, they arent THE Avengers.

The many rapes of Mark Millar.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 10:09 AM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by riv6672
Dang it, i wish it hadnt been you.

I called this an old chestnut and i meant it.
At the height of AuthorityMania everyone's go to point was "OMG the Authority are so powerful and are willing to KILL!"

I said it at the turn of the century and i say it now:

So?

85% of the villains any hero faces are powerful and willing to kill.

Heh, true.

But not many are willing to do a brain fry, for example.

Magneto is a good example. Now, he is willing to kill. And has done so, many times recently.

BUT his powers are woozy. He nearly knocked himself out trying to take Avalanche out.

Imagine if he had this mindset in his 'classic' days? If he approached every fight with a LOL EMP to the brainzzzz mindset?

Joker is another. Willing to kill? Sure. Willing to kill Batman? No. He toys with him.

Kingpin? Kills when neccessary. Willing to take a hit out on Peter Parker. Butwhen they fight, he uses fisticuffs. Etc etc.

Their mindsets are not to go for the cheap wins/instakills. Their MO is to draw it out, play with their foes.

Not so the Authority. The Doctor turns hisopponents bones to Chanel #5, for example. Apollo is willing to go straight to the sun and amp himself. Midnighter is content to use doors to BFR opponents. Jack kicks heads off without giving his opponents to talk. Jenny just drops in and fried brains etc etc.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 10:21 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I take it back, i'm GLAD it was you; you actually back up your opinion with more than school girl giggles at the Authority's coolness.

Granted, its not changing my mind, but, i'm not out to change yours.
I gave up on that back in the day with this particular Vs.
Just posting my opinions, such as they are.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 10:28 AM
DarkSaint85

Tee hee, Jack is so macho.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 10:43 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Heh, true.

But not many are willing to do a brain fry, for example.

Magneto is a good example. Now, he is willing to kill. And has done so, many times recently.

BUT his powers are woozy. He nearly knocked himself out trying to take Avalanche out.

Imagine if he had this mindset in his 'classic' days? If he approached every fight with a LOL EMP to the brainzzzz mindset?

Joker is another. Willing to kill? Sure. Willing to kill Batman? No. He toys with him.

Kingpin? Kills when neccessary. Willing to take a hit out on Peter Parker. Butwhen they fight, he uses fisticuffs. Etc etc.

Their mindsets are not to go for the cheap wins/instakills. Their MO is to draw it out, play with their foes.

Not so the Authority. The Doctor turns hisopponents bones to Chanel #5, for example. Apollo is willing to go straight to the sun and amp himself. Midnighter is content to use doors to BFR opponents. Jack kicks heads off without giving his opponents to talk. Jenny just drops in and fried brains etc etc.

That's true, but at the same time, wasn't pretty much everybody they faced No-Names or characters that only lasted those issues they were in? How did they operate against any relevant WildStorm characters?

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 11:29 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by Delta1938
That's true, but at the same time, wasn't pretty much everybody they faced No-Names or characters that only lasted those issues they were in? How did they operate against any relevant WildStorm characters?

IOW, how did they do when faced with opponents Wildstorm actually wanted to keep and couldn't kill willy-nilly?

In a foum fight, we don't care for example if Superman gets torn apart (somewhere, Abhi's signal watch is beeping). So his opponent can fight with full brutality, within character, of course.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 12:27 PM
riv6672

Then that'd go for the Avengers, as well.
Bad news for the Authority, then.

Also, as to invoking abhi. Seeing him turn this into a Superman thread would be hilarious.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 12:30 PM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

IOW, how did they do when faced with opponents Wildstorm actually wanted to keep and couldn't kill willy-nilly?

In a foum fight, we don't care for example if Superman gets torn apart (somewhere, Abhi's signal watch is beeping). So his opponent can fight with full brutality, within character, of course.

You can say characters WildStorm actually wanted to keep, but that deflects from the fact that the characters Authority killed were random No-Names or characters that lasted a whole 3 issue or so storyline, in general. Meaning, little to nothing to establish power level.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 12:35 PM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Which is why I said in character (I know you said you weren't debating, but just wanted to point that out). Cap in character wouldn't kill a new opponent. Nor would BP, Strange etc. Even Thor, the most 'warrior' of the lot, won't open with Godblasts or whatever.

Which is why I said, power levels go to Avengers (with a caveat on average). But mentality wise...

I just see it as the Authority have been told these are bad guys, and they need to be taken out.

The Avengers have also been told the same.

'Taken out', under the Authority, means extreme measures.

Under the Avengers, means putting them in prison or detaining them until they can learn more etc.

The bell rings, *ding*

The Authority open up with their heavy artillery. That's the point I'm trying to make, I guess. Unless both sides were bloodlusted.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2014 12:36 PM