KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Batman vs Captain America

Batman vs Captain America
Started by: relentless1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Ive been debating this one with a friend for the evening, I say Batman would win. And before all you Cap fanboys jump on here, representing your cap denominator let me just point out; Bats vs Cap can really be distilled down to three categories: Physicality, Fighting Skill, Gadgets; Cap wins Physicality for sure, he can bench 1200, Bats can press 1000; Cap is faster and more durable BUT Batman has more fighting skill; Cap knows about 12 martial arts while Batman has mastered 127, meaning that anything Cap can throw at Batman h2h will be countered. gadgets is also a no brainer for Batman because while Caps shield is very durable and quite versatile he doesnt have explosives, gas attack, projectiles, tazers etc like Batman does, more versatility in weaponry equals Batman finding a way around the shields defence. 2 out of 3 categories go to Batman. Its a helluva fight but Batman wins 6/10

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:32 AM
relentless1 is currently offline Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
iceman24567

What the donkey balls?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:34 AM
iceman24567 is currently offline Click here to Send iceman24567 a Private Message Find more posts by iceman24567 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowknight

Actually Bats vs Cap can really be distilled down to 4 categories: Physicality, Fighting Skill, Gadgets and Smarts. Cap is faster in running speed not HTH as for Durability unless you take Batman out of his suiot it's a wash.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:51 AM
shadowknight is currently offline Click here to Send shadowknight a Private Message Find more posts by shadowknight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Wow, I'm surprised no one else ever thought to make this thread.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:57 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by relentless1

You could have just used the search feature, this thread has been done multiple times.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:58 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pym-ftw
Mizukage

Also cap can lift way more than the idiots at Death battle gave him credit fore.

I'm not Joking, Boy
Ignore list: Abhi for the sake of the forum.
53>6.6
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GCAMfDmX86o
My YouTube

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 04:15 AM
pym-ftw is currently offline Click here to Send pym-ftw a Private Message Find more posts by pym-ftw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

been done already lmao

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 04:22 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yep, Cap won smile

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 04:23 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I like this thread. Way better than the one or two Superman/Thor threads that are floating around. laughing out loud

On topic:
HtH too close to call. Cap has a more basic style but his strength and speed are way over Batman.

Standard gear, i call it even. Depends who gets in the first hit/sets the pace.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 04:54 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

First of Cap has as much fighting skill. in a fight against a foe who knew a crap ton of fighting moves, Cap states he is adept in every form of combat known to man.

However Iron Fist States his style is basic.

However again Black Panther who knows 100+ fighting styles states cap skill is adapting to whatever BP throws at him.

So the skill argument is Bull$hit to say the least. smile

Next is stats. Cap is more than 1200 pounds. He is two tons when at full performance. The Serum during the 1200 feat was Cap when the Serum was not as potent. His WW2 time frame Cap was lifting cars.

Speed wise Cap meh.... As fast at Batman. Durability again is meh as Cap is as durable as Batman wearing a Batsuit.

The biggest advantage of Bruce is his gadgets. He simply has more. Alot more! He has options, versatility, and thats what wins him the fight more than not.

So really in the end its raw versatility and not his fighting skill or stats that wins fights for Batman.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 08:43 AM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I call bullshit on writers who dont do research, but thats just me.
Still you're pretty spot on.
Standard gear, if Cap uses the shield before Batman foes his gadgets, Cap's going to smash Batman. If Batman "draws" first, he can get the win.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 08:49 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CadenceV2
Formerly Sirfizzwhizz

Originally posted by riv6672
I call bullshit on writers who dont do research, but thats just me.
Still you're pretty spot on.
Standard gear, if Cap uses the shield before Batman foes his gadgets, Cap's going to smash Batman. If Batman "draws" first, he can get the win.

Pretty much. I find Deathbattle complete crap when Cap threw his shield and Batman in the smoke caught it. Cap throwing his shield at its best has cut tank turrets off of tanks, destroyed semi trucks, and moved at super sonic speeds to out move a ballistic missile!!!

Batman in no way is catching a blood lusted shield throw lol.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 09:01 AM
CadenceV2 is currently offline Click here to Send CadenceV2 a Private Message Find more posts by CadenceV2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Haha, no he's not catching that.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 09:09 AM
golem370

Captain America has imo strength, speed, way more stamina , healing over Batman and has enough skill and experience to win, also Cap could suprise Bats with a returning shield to the head.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 10:03 AM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by riv6672

On topic:
HtH too close to call. Cap has a more basic style

Really whats this based on?

Originally posted by CadenceV2
First of Cap has as much fighting skill. in a fight against a foe who knew a crap ton of fighting moves, Cap states he is adept in every form of combat known to man.

As far as I'm aware that was before he went into suspended animation.

The biggest advantage of Bruce is his gadgets. He simply has more. Alot more! He has options, versatility, and thats what wins him the fight more than not.

So really in the end its raw versatility and not his fighting skill or stats that wins fights for Batman.

How did Batman do against Deathstroke? Cap has fought people with versatility before not sure it gives Batman the win. Whats Batman gonna do with gas? The battle takes place in the open. Whats Batman gonna do with explosives? Doesnt Gambit have 'explosives'? What are his batarangs gonna do? Cap hasn't fought anybody throwing stuff at him before?

Pretty much. I find Deathbattle complete crap when Cap threw his shield and Batman in the smoke caught it. Cap throwing his shield at its best has cut tank turrets off of tanks, destroyed semi trucks, and moved at super sonic speeds to out move a ballistic missile!!!

Batman in no way is catching a blood lusted shield throw lol.

I didn't see the match but I listened to some of his reasoning and he got stuff wrong. For examples this adept nonsense.

Last edited by Deadline on Sep 18th, 2014 at 12:53 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 12:51 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

However Iron Fist States his style is basic.

However again Black Panther who knows 100+ fighting styles states cap skill is adapting to whatever BP throws at him.

So the skill argument is Bull$hit to say the least. smile

Next is stats. Cap is more than 1200 pounds. He is two tons when at full performance. The Serum during the 1200 feat was Cap when the Serum was not as potent. His WW2 time frame Cap was lifting cars.

Speed wise Cap meh.... As fast at Batman. Durability again is meh as Cap is as durable as Batman wearing a Batsuit.

Batman IS more skilled than Cap. Its not really arguable.

Originally posted by Deadline
Really whats this based on?
What do you mean? Danny himself said it.

quote:
As far as I'm aware that was before he went into suspended animation.

Lots of people have claimed that. heck, Kobra has stated it.

quote:
How did Batman do against Deathstroke?
How did Cap do against Taskmaster? We can play that game for all day long.
quote:
Cap has fought people with versatility before not sure it gives Batman the win.[quote] Are they as formidable as Batman? [quote] Whats Batman gonna do with gas?
KO cap?
quote:
The battle takes place in the open.
So?
quote:
Whats Batman gonna do with explosives? Doesnt Gambit have 'explosives'?
Really? C'mon.
quote:
What are his batarangs gonna do? Cap hasn't fought anybody throwing stuff at him before?
Like Hawkeye who beat him?

quote:
I didn't see the match but I listened to some of his reasoning and he got stuff wrong. For examples this adept nonsense.
The fight was nonsense. But so is KMC Captain America.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 02:07 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GroggyGrunt

I agree that it's pretty much Batman's gadgets that make him a potential winner. In straight hth, I'd give it to Cap (though it'd definitely be one of his tougher fights), but when the toys are thrown in it gets iffy.

I'll say in an environment with shadows, Bats. Otherwise, Cap.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 02:09 PM
GroggyGrunt is currently offline Click here to Send GroggyGrunt a Private Message Find more posts by GroggyGrunt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Not sure if I can be bothered to get into a long debate but this is one reason why gadgets don't give Batman the win. Cap was fighting TM without his shield and was still holding is own. TM was using gadgets Cap doesn't have and still loses.

I could also mention Caps fight with Bullseye. Bullseye had the advantage and Cap wasn't in his right mind but it ended in a stalemate.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:19 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Seriously? Did you even read the scans? And Bruce's gadgets have KOED Frankenstein, a superman level being in moments in DCnU. Taskmaster has nothing of that caliber. And Paladin KOED Cap with gas in Civil War pretty easily.

And as good as Bullseye is, he doesn't has Batman's gadgets.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:24 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by abhilegend
Seriously? Did you even read the scans?

I think you're beginning to waste my time if you somehow think those scans prove that Batman wins. If so explain to me what I missed.

And Bruce's gadgets have KOED Frankenstein, a superman level being in moments in DCnU. Taskmaster has nothing of that caliber.

Y'know something not too sure if Frankenstein is a superman level being. Anyway something tells me you might be missing out something Batman doesn't carry Superman level Koing gadgets as standard equipment. One shwoing doesn't prove that he does. In fact I've not seen one example of Batman using his gadgets effectively against skilled opponents. Also you're not telling me what gadget he used cos if it's an explosive Caps shield > Superman.

And Paladin KOED Cap with gas in Civil War pretty easily.

No he didn't Cap was holding his breath and pretending to be Koed. Also that was indoors, if it was outdoors it's going to be harder for it to work cos all Cap needs to do is hold his breath and move away from it.

And as good as Bullseye is, he doesn't has Batman's gadgets.

He doesn't need to Bullseye is more accurate and the fact that he doesn't have explosives and gas doesn't change anything. he's more dangerous with what he has.

No Batman is not more skilled in fact I could argue Cap is more skilled. You're probably basing that on the fact that Batman has said how many martial arts he's mastered, doesn't neccesarily prove anything. For starters Cap has mastered all martial arts.

Last edited by Deadline on Sep 18th, 2014 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2014 03:41 PM