KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Earth 2 Avatars Vs Earth 1 Avatars

Earth 2 Avatars Vs Earth 1 Avatars
Started by: Golgo13

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Senor Cage

Earth 2 Avatars Vs Earth 1 Avatars

Earth 2's avatars of the Parliaments. The Green, The White, The Grey, etc...

(please log in to view the image)

vs

The Green (Swamp Thing)
Metal (Machine Queen)
The Red (Brother Blood)
The Rot (Anton Arcane)
The Grey

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 09:22 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Wow, dont know enough about a lot of these guys to say anything other than, that is a LOT of power going to get kicked around....eek!

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 09:45 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Going with Earth 1, as they have more feats, not to mention, the wellspring of power they draw from (Earth 1) isn't getting destroyed.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 10:12 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Going with Earth 1, as they have more feats, not to mention, the wellspring of power they draw from (Earth 1) isn't getting destroyed.

WTF please dont tell me E2 is going to be destroyed. I'm a couple issues behind but FFS it's the only thing an old JSAfan has left

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 10:29 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

No joke. JSA has not fared well IMO, from the reboot.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 10:32 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by beatboks
WTF please dont tell me E2 is going to be destroyed. I'm a couple issues behind but FFS it's the only thing an old JSAfan has left

They're getting, but they could well save themselves. But the Furies have been acknowledging that E2 avatars are getting weaker due to the presence of Apokolips, which is damaging the earth pretty badly.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 10:35 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by riv6672
No joke. JSA has not fared well IMO, from the reboot.

yeah and most replacements are poor copies or complete bastardizations of the originals (though I REALLY like the cold calculating rationalist Terry Sloane over the original).

Alan went from being a noble character who put everyone before himself (to the point when he thought he'd crossed the line he tried to destroy both himself and his ring because "noone should wield such power". To a smug pomoous ass who comes across as though he everyones better.

Jay who was super confident and even though JUST out of college was the first chairman of the JSA oversenior characters (except Al Pratt), was a wingy whinie self doubter for the first 7 to 8 issues.

Blah ........

Last edited by beatboks on Dec 12th, 2014 at 10:52 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 10:39 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Ew that sounds pretty bad.
One of the things i loved about DC was the history, the legacies, the respect from the new generation to what came before and the pride of the older generation at what they'd laid foundations for...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 10:49 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I ****ing hate what they did to JSA and LOSH.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 05:12 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by abhilegend
I ****ing hate what they did to JSA and LOSH.
What did they do to LOSH? All I know is they appeared recently in Futures end but nothing else.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 05:33 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

They are not even from main DCU now. The greatest team of them all is coming back in time to kill a CHILD in JLU? **** you DC.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 05:40 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Yeah that was kind of weird, though it could lead to an interesting storyline, COULD.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 12th, 2014 06:02 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

They are not even from main DCU now. The greatest team of them all is coming back in time to kill a CHILD in JLU? **** you DC.

I...completely agree.

-faint-

laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 03:34 AM
operator616

Considering that the child is going to become a world-devouring cosmic being...i don't see the problem.

I also couldn't help but associate Infinitus with Infinite Man. they're too much alike. In terms of appearance, power level, and well, their name.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 03:48 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by operator616
Considering that the child is going to become a world-devouring cosmic being...i don't see the problem.

I also couldn't help but associate Infinitus with Infinite Man. they're too much alike. In terms of appearance, power level, and well, their name.

Yeah, and it's not like all of the members want to kill him. Brainiac 5 is trying to find a solution.

Also, I believe Infinitus was called Infinite Man in the solicitations.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 03:52 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
operator616

Originally posted by Golgo13
Yeah, and it's not like all of the members want to kill him. Brainiac 5 is trying to find a solution.

Also, I believe Infinitus was called Infinite Man in the solicitations.

Yup. I think it's a decent story personally.

Didn't know that. Im not surprised.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 04:07 AM
operator616 is currently offline Click here to Send operator616 a Private Message Find more posts by operator616 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

But Legion don't take a life and certainly not of a child. That's their greatest motto.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 04:41 AM
operator616

But Legion don't take a life and certainly not of a child. That's their greatest motto.

The Legion members have been violating the no-kill code since mid 1960s. Sure, they have the code, but it doesn't mean there aren't exceptions.

Consider the alternative: If the child does go on to become Infinitus, he'll become a monster who's going to destroy worlds killing billions of actually innocent children in the process.

So really, i don't see the problem. Besides, like Golgo mentioned, not all of them support that decision.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 12:56 PM
riv6672

Its a slippery slope.
Is killing an innocent and living with that the rest of your life any less heroic than refusing to do so because its so wrong?
Namor did something along these lines recently. I think he was heroic for doing so.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 01:17 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

The Legion members have been violating the no-kill code since mid 1960s. Sure, they have the code, but it doesn't mean there aren't exceptions.

Consider the alternative: If the child does go on to become Infinitus, he'll become a monster who's going to destroy worlds killing billions of actually innocent children in the process.

So really, i don't see the problem. Besides, like Golgo mentioned, not all of them support that decision.

They have? Brainy was kicked out of Legion because he supposedly killed time trapper. It's one of the most fundamental laws of Legion.

I don't believe in no win scenarios in my superhero comics. I'd read authority if I wanted that. There is ALWAYS another way.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2014 01:41 PM