KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Werewolf by Night vs. Man-Wolf

Werewolf by Night vs. Man-Wolf
Started by: StiltmanFTW

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Werewolf by Night vs. Man-Wolf

Man-Wolf not at his best, basically a version that's the closest power-wise to WBN to make it fair.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:19 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

This is just about an even split, really.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:46 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Star God rapes him, he has ghetto power cosmic.

Classic Spidey rogue level probably loses, as he has no real control but is comfortably ahead stat wise.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 11:35 AM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

How is he comfortably ahead in stats?
Not saying you're wrong, i just didnt find anything this morning that would lead me to believe that.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 12:06 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Classic Spidey rogue level probably loses, as he has no real control but is comfortably ahead stat wise.

Huh?

Werewolf by Night has actually beaten the Hulk once and held his own in a prolonged fight a second time.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 02:12 PM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Originally posted by riv6672
How is he comfortably ahead in stats?
Not saying you're wrong, i just didnt find anything this morning that would lead me to believe that.
Man-wolf is easily in Lizard level strength wise if not stronger. Jack on the other hand I've seen far more often at a bit above cap level.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 07:02 PM
Henry_Pym is currently offline Click here to Send Henry_Pym a Private Message Find more posts by Henry_Pym Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He overpowered Creed and choked the shit out of the Hulk...

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 07:04 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Where do you put Jack physically? I've always put him around Spidey level with better Ma skills?

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:04 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Creed at that point straight up admitted Jack was stronger iirc.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Jun 1st, 2015 10:09 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Yeah i recall that fight.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 04:57 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I still laugh at Jack straight up choking out hulk.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 06:08 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

He would do the same to your Superman. Only Superman's neck would get snapped in the process.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 08:57 AM
riv6672

Magic.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:50 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Where do you put Jack physically? I've always put him around Spidey level with better Ma skills?

Depends on the version. He had at least one upgrade.

Full werewolf form Jack is probably a good deal stronger than Parker.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 08:22 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Hey, I'm cool with conceding my earlier point about stats, I know Jack mostly from early monster comics and his Cap team ups. Did the amp come as part of howling commandos?

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:11 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

No idea when it happened exactly, but when he fought Creed, he had it. He could basically go from his traditional look to a full werewolf mode. Had control over his actions, too.

Creed was at base - before his first upgrade - but it was still a very impressive showing for Russell.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:48 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

Just out of curiosity I looked at the Marvel wiki, they list him at Cap level.

I guess I'm not the only one.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 09:57 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Cap wouldn't overpower Creed. And bios are good for nothing, really. But if you want to play it that way, fine.

http://marvel.wikia.com/Jack_Russell_%28Earth-616%29

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../w/werewolf.htm

Classic form - 1,500 Ibs. Almost twice as strong as Cap, bio-wise.

Full form - Class 1.

PS. At his absolute worst, base Creed was listed at 900 Ibs. Still stronger than Steve, though.

Old Post Jun 2nd, 2015 10:08 PM
Henry_Pym
Ultron Bound

I wasn't implying you're wrong, I'm sorry if you took it that way, was just pointing out in most appearances Jack is below Spidey by a noticeable margin (class 20-30)

Jameson jr. was treated identically to early lizard.

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 12:09 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

It's okay.

Classic WBN, you're most likely right. Modern one though...

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 3rd, 2015 01:09 AM