KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » GL Captain America vs Green Lantern gauntlet

GL Captain America vs Green Lantern gauntlet
Started by: Rao Kal El

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

GL Captain America vs Green Lantern gauntlet

I thought this was an intetesting topic so here it goes.

Steve Rogers gets his shield and he also gets a GL ring. He is been training for 5 years so he is not a rookie on this scenario.

He goes emerald dawn all of the sudden.

The guardians send his best to try to stop him

He gets to rest between rounds and heals. How far can he make it?

1.- Killowog

2.- Guy Gardner

3.- John Stewart

4.- Sinestro (yellow ring)

5.- Kyle (normal)

6.- Hal Jordan

Can Steve Rogers outwill the best GL's?

Fights are like Emerald dawn. Stop Steve Rogers by anymeans necessary and Steve Rogers wants to reach the Central battery.

Everyone at best of their capabilities.

Go!

Props to Deadline for the idea

Thank You Prof. T.C McAbe, You are Superman!

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Aug 20th, 2015 at 05:28 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 05:25 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

A theoretical character with no feats vs actual characters? Golly gee, this is hard.

erm

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 05:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

You mean Emerald Twilight, right?

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 05:42 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Scoobless
You mean Emerald Twilight, right?

Yep smile

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 06:16 AM
Rao Kal El is currently offline Click here to Send Rao Kal El a Private Message Find more posts by Rao Kal El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by abhilegend
A theoretical character with no feats vs actual characters? Golly gee, this is hard.

erm

mad...

Party pooper

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Aug 20th, 2015 at 06:21 AM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 06:16 AM
Delta1938
True King of House of El

Originally posted by abhilegend

erm

So you're saying he doesn't even make it to Kilowog. stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 06:17 AM
Delta1938 is currently offline Click here to Send Delta1938 a Private Message Find more posts by Delta1938 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cogito

Guy and John should swap places. The fanboi in me wants Guy and Kyle to be at the top and kick Hal's sorry ass down, but I'll let you have that one.

I would also point out one other thing: it's been stated repeatedly that willpower is the most important factor but not the only important factor. There's also concentration and creativity to consider. While I have no doubt Steve has the former covered, the latter I'd have serious doubts about. That being said, creativity is not that important (Kyle has it in spades, Hal not so much).

I'm not sure he can take a majority from Sinestro, and maybe even earlier. Unless people want to start showing me some really high end willpower feats from Cap, I'd have to defer to the proven commodities.

"And then there was nothing. A once broken something now void.
And on the first day, Doom spoke...
'Be.'
And then there was life."

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 11:24 AM
Cogito is currently offline Click here to Send Cogito a Private Message Find more posts by Cogito Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Even willpower isn't all that. GA has plenty of willpower - survivng on theat desert island, learning MA to take down Deathstroke, etc.

Same with Batman.

Neither of them were even able to conjure much.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 11:36 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Star428
Restricted

Account Restricted

Edit. Nevermind.

Most people believe Evolution not because they themselves are dumb, but cause they trust the "experts" who are feeding them evolutionary fast food, and so they don't bother questioning whether or not it's true.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2015 02:01 PM
Star428 is currently offline Click here to Send Star428 a Private Message Find more posts by Star428 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Bump.

So people are saying that cap will be the best GL.

I will bump this up so they can back up their claims

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 08:26 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

He would clear this Gauntlet with five days training. Again, his super solider serum also affects his mental capacity for combat. Think about the wars this guy has been through, the adversity, the cosmic wars with the Avengers- you are giving THIS guy a most versatile weapon. He would literally bring war to Superman and would be a bit more willing to use lethal force, although I don't think it would come to that.

I have no idea why some of you think it's sacrilege to say he would be superior to Hal. No disrespect to Hal, but he's not A) as accomplished a hero and b) it's not even fair, Cap is a SUPER HUMAN combatant.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 08:46 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

He has a 5 YEAR experience with the ring. Not 5 days

Also, what showings are the base of your argument? (Please be specific)

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Aug 24th, 2015 at 08:57 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 08:54 PM
Blue Area Vet
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
He has a 5 YEAR experience with the ring. Not 5 days

Also, what showings are the base of your argument? (Please be specific)

I know what you said, I said he would be able to do it with only 5 days training. And there are no showings of him every being a GL, so....

My opinion is based on the traits of the character. Super strong will, super human combat skills, super human physical skills, ability to recall all information, super reaction, all of those things will be augmented by the ring.

Last edited by Blue Area Vet on Aug 24th, 2015 at 09:06 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 09:00 PM
Blue Area Vet is currently offline Click here to Send Blue Area Vet a Private Message Find more posts by Blue Area Vet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Cogito
There's also concentration and creativity to consider. While I have no doubt Steve has the former covered, the latter I'd have serious doubts about. That being said, creativity is not that important (Kyle has it in spades, Hal not so much).

By the way Cap used to be a cartoonist and an industrail artist. So yea I'd say he has a lot of creativity.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 09:18 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by Cogito

I would also point out one other thing: it's been stated repeatedly that willpower is the most important factor but not the only important factor. There's also concentration and creativity to consider. While I have no doubt Steve has the former covered, the latter I'd have serious doubts about. That being said, creativity is not that important (Kyle has it in spades, Hal not so much).

Cap is an artist btw.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 09:18 PM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Batman has all those traits and he didn't fare any better being ring powered

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 09:21 PM
Deadline

thumb up

That's what I'm saying he's the perfect GL.

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 09:21 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Batman has all those traits and he didn't fare any better being ring powered

I don't think he's got better willpower feats than Cap. Also i think it was stated he was too cynical (Batman).

Not sure if Batman is really creative but he is intelligent(maybe the same thing).

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 09:24 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I can see him getting MAYBE to Sinestro, but no further than that.

His willpower alone will carry him a long way.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 09:40 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rao Kal El
DJ FrostByte

Originally posted by Deadline
I don't think he's got better willpower feats than Cap. Also i think it was stated he was too cynical (Batman).

Not sure if Batman is really creative but he is intelligent(maybe the same thing).

Batman does actually have high end will power feats. He is pretty smart and really creative as well.

I don't remember if batman or GA was the one stated to be too cynical.

But Batman either with Green ring or Yellow ring have not performed up to par with the top GL's

I don't think Cap will do any better, the best and closest example I can think of that will resemble a Captain America GL will be Batman or Uncle Sam and none of them have performed very well with the ring. Uncle Sam seemed pretty good on paper but in the end he didn't deliver.

Last edited by Rao Kal El on Aug 24th, 2015 at 10:17 PM

Old Post Aug 24th, 2015 10:03 PM