KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Fantomex vs Qubit

Fantomex vs Qubit
Started by: "Id"

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Fantomex vs Qubit

Match set go!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 04:18 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Fantomex, for me. Having seen him misdirect Celestial tech twice, telepaths etc, AND with his gear...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 04:22 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Fantomex, for me. Having seen him misdirect Celestial tech twice, telepaths etc, AND with his gear...

Have you looked into the mechanics of how Misdirection works?

Its not something you would want to attempt on Qubit.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 05:09 PM
"Id" is currently offline Click here to Send "Id" a Private Message Find more posts by "Id" Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by "Id"
Have you looked into the mechanics of how Misdirection works?

Its not something you would want to attempt on Qubit.

How does it work?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 05:27 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

How does it work?

The targets mind is displaced, which allows Fantomex to mess with their senses and perception.

Qubit has mental guards to keep mind readers out, and a mind trap to capture anyone who tries to temper with his own.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 05:34 PM
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by "Id"
The targets mind is displaced, which allows Fantomex to mess with their senses and perception.

Qubit has mental guards to keep mind readers out, and a mind trap to capture anyone who tries to temper with his own.

Scans of this...displacement?

I never thought it was mental tampering - as Fantomex has been misdirected by Deathlok-Fantomex (which shouldn't happen, if it's mental, due to that helmet)

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 05:35 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Scans of this...displacement?

I never thought it was mental tampering - as Fantomex has been misdirected by Deathlok-Fantomex (which shouldn't happen, if it's mental, due to that helmet)
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads...ntermeasure.jpg

He reaches out into the mind, with a fantasy created by him. What you see above is the mental displacement reflected back to him.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 06:52 PM
DarkSaint85

That scan called it reality skewing, not mental displacement, though.....

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 06:55 PM
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Mental displacement is what I call it.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 07:04 PM
DarkSaint85

Ok.

I just have never seen it called mental displacement (apart from you of course).

Whereas he has been affected by it, something no Telepath has been able to do.

Moreover, high end TP warriors like Shadow King and Psylocke, who also have mental traps in their minds, are easily fooled.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 07:25 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Qubit from Marvel, or Qubit from BOOM?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 07:50 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
"Id"
The Man of Tomorrow

Qubit from Boom

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 08:03 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ I'd probably be inclined to side with Qubit, then.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 18th, 2015 09:58 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Whereas he has been affected by it, something no Telepath has been able to do.

Until Psylocke went beast mode on his ass anyway. stick out tongue

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 12:35 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

yeah, that's....weird. we still have no idea what the counter-measure actually did though. if it's mind altering, how could a computer be fooled...? confused

i was always of the opinion it was some level of reality manipulation--even jamie braddock had to warp reality to break a misdirect. pretty sure it was never intended to have anything to do with the mind when it was introduced.

even if for some reason qubit was...immune (which i would disagree with) fantomex still has long range weapons and far, FAR superior physical skills. qubit could use some tech to bfr him perhaps, though i wouldn't even know what standard gear for him would be.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2015 01:03 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote