KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » who can beat or match reed richards feats of intelligence?

who can beat or match reed richards feats of intelligence?
Started by: ghostman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ghostman

who can beat or match reed richards feats of intelligence?

round 1. has to be a comic company

round 2. any medium of fiction.

whether it be prep, building tech, solving issues it doesn't matter, the whole nine yards.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 03:29 AM
ghostman is currently offline Click here to Send ghostman a Private Message Find more posts by ghostman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Zom

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post May 30th, 2016 03:29 AM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Lol Dr Doom? laughing out loud

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2016 03:47 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

PC B5.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 04:08 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Re: who can beat or match reed richards feats of intelligence?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ghostman
round 1. has to be a comic company

round 2. any medium of fiction.

whether it be prep, building tech, solving issues it doesn't matter, the whole nine yards.

In round 2, The Doctor (from Doctor Who) is definitely > Reed. And I say that with full knowledge and respect for Reed's prowess.

In comics, you'd be hard pressed to pick one that's definitely above him. Pre-Crisis Brainiac 5 is a good answer, and there may be others. But Reed is definitely the standard bearer.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 04:11 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Re: Re: who can beat or match reed richards feats of intelligence?

Originally posted by Digi
In round 2, The Doctor (from Doctor Who) is definitely > Reed. And I say that with full knowledge and respect for Reed's prowess.

Beat me to it.

In comics you might be able to say the Doctor from Wildstorm, ONY because i see him as a rip off of Dr Who.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 04:17 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlmightyKfish
This Is No Longer A City.

Yeah in terms of pure feats, Reed is hard to beat in comics, especially due to the fact he's had so many appearances compared to other geniuses. Even people who are meant to be smarter like Thanos, Galactus or Braniac have nowhere near as many appearances, and as such pure feats as Reed does. Plus many of these characters have other advantages, such as cosmic awareness or other weird knowledge that isn't strictly intelligence but informs such things.

But yeah as for 2, as Digi said, The Doctor is notably above Reed (or practically anyone in fiction).

Taskmaster The Molecule Man

Old Post May 30th, 2016 04:40 AM
AlmightyKfish is currently offline Click here to Send AlmightyKfish a Private Message Find more posts by AlmightyKfish Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindset

Not The Doctor.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post May 30th, 2016 04:43 AM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Re: Re: Re: who can beat or match reed richards feats of intelligence?

Originally posted by beatboks
Beat me to it.

In comics you might be able to say the Doctor from Wildstorm, ONY because i see him as a rip off of Dr Who.

Lacks enough feats, and frequently acted like a dumbass. If there were a case to be made for WS Doctor, believe me, I'd make it. But in this case, there isn't.

But yeah, as KFish mentioned, the Doctor (DW) is probably the biggest intelligence-based plot device in fiction. It's kind of hilarious once you just accept it. I've compared him to Constantine before, except John works with magic instead of (fictional) science. But it's not a truly accurate comparison. If Constantine is up against an omnipotent evil, he'd trick him or manage to barely survive. The Doctor would foil his plan with, like, a first aid kit and a laptop, then get pissed and send him into an empty, inescapable dimension for eternity or something.

Last edited by Digi on May 30th, 2016 at 06:02 AM

Old Post May 30th, 2016 05:57 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Yeah, Doctor is hard to beat in that scenario.

That scene with Matt Smith beating The Silence with a TV is one of my favorite scenes in any media.

Heck Donna with a partial knowledge of Doctor's intelligence casually deactivated a reality bomb which was going to destroy entire reality after Davros claimed it could not be stopped.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 06:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

I'd say Alexander Luthor Jr. can match him.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 06:59 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

PC Luthor, with orange juice and some wires.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 08:16 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Honestly, i barely watch Doctor Who. How smart exactly is he? What's so great about him? How powerful is he?

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2016 08:22 AM
TheHulk is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulk a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
beatboks
ready for the loony bin

Originally posted by TheHulk
Honestly, i barely watch Doctor Who. How smart exactly is he? What's so great about him? How powerful is he?

Sorry, thought I replied to this earlier today.

The time Lords as a race have watched all of time through to it's end. In the earliest series it was established that The Doctor was the first member of the race to actively participate (along with with his adversary the master). He is basically aware of every piece of technology that is has or ever will exist. Completely understands every type of science from the beginning of time to it's end. He casually overpowers cosmic entities with his sheer intellectual brilliance.

There is no genius in any other medium that comes close to the Doctor that I'm aware of.

As mentioned by Abhi one of his human aids had PART of his mind for only a few moments and could fathom the unfathomable. could circumvent weapons capable of multiversal destruction

Old Post May 30th, 2016 11:06 AM
beatboks is currently offline Click here to Send beatboks a Private Message Find more posts by beatboks Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulk
Retired Debater

Originally posted by beatboks
Sorry, thought I replied to this earlier today.

The time Lords as a race have watched all of time through to it's end. In the earliest series it was established that The Doctor was the first member of the race to actively participate (along with with his adversary the master). He is basically aware of every piece of technology that is has or ever will exist. Completely understands every type of science from the beginning of time to it's end. He casually overpowers cosmic entities with his sheer intellectual brilliance.

There is no genius in any other medium that comes close to the Doctor that I'm aware of.

As mentioned by Abhi one of his human aids had PART of his mind for only a few moments and could fathom the unfathomable. could circumvent weapons capable of multiversal destruction
Actually you did reply to one my post that asked the same question. Funny enough, i myself thought i posted that question here but instead posted it on that other thread.

WORD LIFE!!!

Old Post May 30th, 2016 11:24 AM
Senor Cage

True Brainiac could as well.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 01:03 PM
Genii96

Thanos

Old Post May 30th, 2016 02:39 PM
Genii96 is currently offline Click here to Send Genii96 a Private Message Find more posts by Genii96 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lawest9

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
PC Luthor, with orange juice and some wires.
This. 👍

Old Post May 30th, 2016 03:12 PM
lawest9 is currently offline Click here to Send lawest9 a Private Message Find more posts by lawest9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by TheHulk
Actually you did reply to one my post that asked the same question. Funny enough, i myself thought i posted that question here but instead posted it on that other thread.

I actually think beatboks is a little too rosy. It's not that the Doctor knows everything from across time instantly. He encounters stuff all the time that he doesn't immediately understand or recognize. But he's amazingly clever. So like, he rarely does much with prep (though he has), because he's mostly just adventuring about. But he'll figure out and foil insanely complicated, powerful villain plots like a time traveling McGuyver.

It also helps that, if he really does need prep, his time machine could easily be rigged to unleash universal (multiversal?) power, and in fact has been on occasion.

Old Post May 30th, 2016 03:18 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Genii96
Thanos

laughing out loud

Old Post May 30th, 2016 03:42 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote